Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 24]

81General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 10:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This election looks as though its going to be a nasty, and dirty one, that will combine some truth, lots of exaggeration, and even more misleading comments and lies. This is from all parties, however large or small.
It'll be a shame if we all believe, or not, every comment made as it will show that we are being taken in by the bullshit which may include the odd fact. Personally, I only believe what the leavers say ( Wink ). I know its rubbish from all the parties, and recognise that the process of GE is slowly moving on to its own conclusion, irrespective of who says or promises what, like a giant mudslide.
As I said earlier, its on with the bullshit deflectors, and just sit and wait. I try not to get wound up by all of this, but have to admit its like a drug needing me to keep up with it all. 
I see the Green party have declared that they will spend £100bn pounds on whatever. I wonder where that will come from. Liberals have promised £50bn. Labours plans have been costed at anything from £billions to £trillions. And so it goes on. 
Roll on December 13th when we can breathe a sigh of relief, one way or another, and look forward to Christmas.

82General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 10:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
I see the Green party have declared that they will spend £100bn pounds on whatever. I wonder where that will come from. Liberals have promised £50bn. Labours plans have been costed at anything from £billions to £trillions. And so it goes on. 
The Green party have specifically said they will cancel Trident to save £110 billion.
The Lib Dems have said they will cancel Brexit and spend the £50 billion that saves (the Remain bonus) on public services etc.
Labour have said they will raise taxes to pay for the spending.
The Tories have said they will increase expenditure whilst cutting taxes and pay for it by further borrowing so that the next generation will have to worry about the interest and repayments on our national debt.

83General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 11:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A national debt that is at its lowest for 17 years, and a tool used by all governments'
I see that the speech being given by John McDonell in Liverpool this morning pledges £250Bn. Apparently, this is on top of earlier promises, and, according to the commentator, the final bill will come to £400 Bn. All paid for by the richest 5% of the country, and the average man in the street doesn't need to worry about a thing.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Be honest, does anyone really believe this?

84General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 13:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:A national debt that is at its lowest for 17 years, and a tool used by all governments'
General Election - Page 5 Ukgs_chartDp11t

French national debt under a trillion.
German national debt:
General Election - Page 5 Germany-government-debt-to-gdp

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Nov 07 2019, 13:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just the facts to spoli a good argument :))

85General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read earlier that both main parties see that the historically low interest rates mean that they are both going to borrow much more if they get into power. Trouble is who owns the magic money tree now?

86General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 13:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:A national debt that is at its lowest for 17 years, and a tool used by all governments'
I see that the speech being given by John McDonell in Liverpool this morning pledges £250Bn. Apparently, this is on top of earlier promises, and, according to the commentator, the final bill will come to £400 Bn. All paid for by the richest 5% of the country, and the average man in the street doesn't need to worry about a thing.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes of course! 

If the rich paid their fair share of tax everyone in the world would be rich. 

And then everyone in the UK would be paying the top rate of tax. Thus the economy would be booming.

87General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I don't think Labour's spending plans have been costed properly but it's hard to tell as they've kept very quiet about it apart from taxing the super rich.
That said there are a few super rich who could do with a bit of taxing. I was just reading about Crispin Odey - remember him? He's the guy who is in Rupert Murdoch's pocket (former son-in-law) who was sent to Downing Street to tell Boris what to do. Apparently as one of the architects of Brexit, he personally made £220 million by betting against the pound - the very pound he and his cronies devalued. I for one would like to see that back - along with the billions that the other hedge funders and asset managers who instigated Brexit for personal gain made.

What Labour have said is that their £60 billion outlay on the warm homes programme will save £169 billion on reduced energy costs but I don't see how that filters through to the Government. They also said that the tax increase on the top 5% of earners would directly pay for bolstering the NHS and social care including the new "National Care Service" for the over 65s - I'm all for that.
Labour's main costs would be in renationalising the railways and energy companies - but that's difficult to cost given market values. No doubt those services are crap but could they do any better?
All good ideas IMO but are they really do-able?

88General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 13:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yes of course! 

If the rich paid their fair share of tax everyone in the world would be rich. 

And then everyone in the UK would be paying the top rate of tax. Thus the economy would be booming.
I like the logic Very Happy
I'm assuming that the Labour Party will get all the money from the billionaires in the first year or so, because after that, they will all bugger off to another country, and take all their money and investments with them. 
I regard such an approach as having the same foresight as Lemmings.

89General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Labour always say they will raise the living wage to £10. Good idea but why only 10.

Why don't they make it £300ph and then everyone will be rich.

90General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 15:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Labour always say they will raise the living wage to £10. Good idea but why only 10.

...but a loaf of bread will be £40.

91General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 15:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Labour always say they will raise the living wage to £10. Good idea but why only 10.

It won't be. Labour have plans to nationalise restaurants that would provide food for all at a reasonable price. 

Corbyn has said he wishes to eradicate billionaires so everyone can be "wealthy."

Wealthy imo is earning over 80k a year.

So for everyone to wealthy the minimum wage will have to be 80k.

I will vote for that.

92General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 15:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:A national debt that is at its lowest for 17 years

Well they shouldn't because you are totally wrong! You are confusing annual government borrowing with the national debt. In fact the national debt has nearly doubled after 10 years of Tory management. Look at the graph WL provided!

You should be more careful about what you believe glos. Laughing

93General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 16:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

It won't be. Labour have plans to nationalise restaurants that would provide food for all at a reasonable price. 

Corbyn has said he wishes to eradicate billionaires so everyone can be "wealthy."

I will vote for that.
So you're voting Labour then?

94General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 21:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An example of what I hate about politics. The dreaded photo opportunity.

General Election - Page 5 YH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7General Election - Page 5 Boris10

95General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:An example of what I hate about politics. The dreaded photo opportunity.

General Election - Page 5 YH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7General Election - Page 5 Boris10

Can't diagree with that.

They ALL have something going on with fish and chips they are pictured with too! Very Happy

96General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 21:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I will vote for that.
So you're voting Labour then?

Oh yes.

I'm promised wealth and a 4 day week. Who wouldn't?

97General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bastards. They're playing dirty.

General Election - Page 5 News10

98General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 08 2019, 10:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris has gone viral this morning after an incoherent rambling press interview in which he said (amongst other things) that Northern Ireland has got a great deal as they have freedom of movement. I’m assuming he was pissed.

99General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 08 2019, 13:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Boris has gone viral this morning after an incoherent rambling press interview in which he said (amongst other things) that Northern Ireland has got a great deal as they have freedom of movement. I’m assuming he was pissed.

He is clearly an idiot and a serial liar but will it do him any damage with the kind of people who vote Tory?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50344110

100General Election - Page 5 Empty Re: General Election Fri Nov 08 2019, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Boris has gone viral this morning after an incoherent rambling press interview in which he said (amongst other things) that Northern Ireland has got a great deal as they have freedom of movement. I’m assuming he was pissed.

He is clearly an idiot and a serial liar but will it do him any damage with the kind of people who vote Tory?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50344110
Probably not but maybe some "undecideds" will see what a f****** dogs dinner he's made of it. Obviously hasn't rehearsed his lines and I can just see Murdoch saying "I gave him one job to do....one f****** job...."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum