Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 50]

211How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed May 20 2020, 23:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I genuinely believe there is some truth to what Sluffy says. Some posters on here, have changed rather a lot, and few are exempt. It all began during the Brexit debate/discussion/disagreements/ arguments/general abuse/and finally to personal insults. 
It began with Brexit, but continued with the election, and rather stupidly, is continuing with the virus. Very few comments are placed for information or interest, or even humour. Its all about politics, and nobody is giving an inch, on anything. Its killing the forum. Its hitting Sluffy badly as he's got a lot invested in Nuts, in time and effort alone, never mind financially. No wonder he's completely pissed off.

212How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 21 2020, 06:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I genuinely believe there is some truth to what Sluffy says. Some posters on here, have changed rather a lot, and few are exempt. It all began during the Brexit debate/discussion/disagreements/ arguments/general abuse/and finally to personal insults. 
It began with Brexit, but continued with the election, and rather stupidly, is continuing with the virus. Very few comments are placed for information or interest, or even humour. Its all about politics, and nobody is giving an inch, on anything. Its killing the forum. Its hitting Sluffy badly as he's got a lot invested in Nuts, in time and effort alone, never mind financially. No wonder he's completely pissed off.
Nuts was much more fun when Breadman, Scott, AD, Magoo, Martin, Boggers, Nat et al, were running riot, and the loss of many of those mentioned has had a detrimental effect.
We've become po faced in the extreme, and it's not a good look. Racism, sexism, ageism, bring it on.
If horses are welcome, everyone should be.

213How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 21 2020, 08:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree with Boncey 100%, bring them all back and lets get this forum alive and kicking again.

214How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 21 2020, 09:15

Agree we need more posters (and more variety).

I never 'got' the whole Boggers/Scott thing, but I knew most people did and found it entertaining so I shut up. I think part of the problem here has been if a poster doesn't like reading something they start demanding that others pack it in or move to another thread to continue. 

We can't all find everything interesting, different strokes for different folks and all that. Scroll past comments you don't like, even block posters if you really want to. But suppressing conversation has always seemed a backwards step to me.

215How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 21 2020, 12:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree with TROY. I am not interested in some posts and just ignore them. Obviously we are all missing the football and not much is happening at the moment apart from the corona crisis so we should just make the best of it.

216How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 22 2020, 15:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I genuinely believe there is some truth to what Sluffy says. Some posters on here, have changed rather a lot, and few are exempt. It all began during the Brexit debate/discussion/disagreements/ arguments/general abuse/and finally to personal insults. 
Nuts was much more fun when Breadman, Scott, AD, Magoo, Martin, Boggers, Nat et al, were running riot, and the loss of many of those mentioned has had a detrimental effect.
We've become po faced in the extreme, and it's not a good look. Racism, sexism, ageism, bring it on.
If horses are welcome, everyone should be.
Save us from the puritans, they get on my fcuking tits.

217How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 22 2020, 16:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree with Cajun, lets shake it up a bit, but more than anything, bring back the humour

218How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 22 2020, 22:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

219How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 22 2020, 22:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Well this isn't funny.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356
Must fare favourably in the will.

220How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 23 2020, 08:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't he the actual PM and Boris just the frontman?

221How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 23 2020, 14:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I do believe he should be booted out. He seems to have Boris enraptured, and if he's demoted or ejected, we might see some new approaches, as the present one is pretty pedestrian.

222How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 23 2020, 16:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Well this isn't funny.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

I'm genuinely interested in what you would have done in the same situation.

Imagine you had a 4 year old child, a wife showing symptoms of the virus meaning you were very likely to have it - what happens to the child if you and your wife are laid up in bed for a fortnight? Surely you take him or her to someone in your family, even if they live miles away?

223How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 23 2020, 18:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm genuinely interested in what you would have done in the same situation.

Imagine you had a 4 year old child, a wife showing symptoms of the virus meaning you were very likely to have it - what happens to the child if you and your wife are laid up in bed for a fortnight? Surely you take him or her to someone in your family, even if they live miles away?

If I had the resources of Cummings and his wife I would have followed government advice and not travelled 260 miles to Durham.

I also would not have lied about my family being interviewed by the police and would not have broken the government advice by making a second trip.

225How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 24 2020, 09:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:If I had the resources of Cummings and his wife I would have followed government advice and not travelled 260 miles to Durham.

I'm not sure what "resources" could have done, unless there's a babysitting service for rich parents with the virus.

He had two choices as far as I can see, stay at home and pray he and his wife only had mild symptoms or move to a place where they had family support.

226How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 24 2020, 11:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cummings resources include personal wealth (his wife is also wealthy), his personal contacts (as Boris' confidant I am sure they would be extensive) and family and friends in London.

He could have stayed at home and looked after his child. However he chose to ignore government advice and then lie about it.

227How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 24 2020, 20:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:Cummings resources include personal wealth (his wife is also wealthy), his personal contacts (as Boris' confidant I am sure they would be extensive) and family and friends in London.

He could have stayed at home and looked after his child. However he chose to ignore government advice and then lie about it.
So you are encouraging him to use his position, money,  and contacts to make things easier for himself ? Thats a bit of an about-face for you XM

228How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 24 2020, 20:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cummings is Mandelson without the charm.

229How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 24 2020, 22:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
So you are encouraging him to use his position, money,  and contacts to make things easier for himself ? Thats a bit of an about-face for you XM

I am not encouraging him to do anything. I am merely pointing out that he chose to ignore government advice despite all the advantages he has when many people with far fewer advantages did follow government advice. It is pretty obvious who the hypocrite is.

230How is the Tory government doing? - Page 12 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 24 2020, 22:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How much longer is Cummings going to last?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52793376

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum