Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 50]

381How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 11:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

That is very easy.

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/student-nurses-not-deemed-providing-servicemp/

You do know how google works I assume Nat.

382How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a forum, I expect to read opinions written by members.

383How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 12:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

So why ask okocha to reference his source? Did you not believe him?

384How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 23:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is a forum, I expect to read opinions written by members.
I am so incredibly tempted to write "in my experience, it only gets you banned" 

so I won't but I'm hoping we are all mature enough to understand that having only one experience, there really should be no limits to comedy, or it's scope. You have to laugh occasionally, don't you?

Yes we have no mananas
So get your mananas today

Cool

PS Sluffy: please don't ban me for quoting Kevin Ayers

385How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 23:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:This is a forum, I expect to read opinions written by members.
I am so incredibly tempted to write "in my experience, it only gets you banned" 

so I won't but I'm hoping we are all mature enough to understand that having only one experience, there really should be no limits to comedy, or it's scope. You have to laugh occasionally, don't you?

Yes we have no mananas
So get your mananas today

Cool

PS Sluffy: please don't ban me for quoting Kevin Ayers

Have you been on the sherry tonight?

I've no idea what you are talking about?

As for comedy though - beware!

Comedy is of the day, it doesn't necessary stand the test of time or social change.

Tbh I find some of the things you've said or posted on here as crude, vulgar and tasteless - but you clearly said/posted them as they being 'funny' to your sense of humour.

I found Bernard Manning exceedingly funny back in the day and couldn't understand the 'alternative' comedy that took his place with the likes of Ben Elton, Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse which killed UK comedy stone dead for decades imo.

Neither genre survives now as taste have changed again and moved on.

I didn't know who Kevin Ayres was and assume he must have sung a version of 'we have no bananas' or something - but whatever it is doesn't seem funny to me and feels somehow borderline racist particularly in light of what has happened in the last few weeks.

I'll leave it up due to my ignorance and assume it's not unless informed otherwise.

Suggest you pack in posting for tonight and sleep it off and you can always self edit tomorrow yourself if you feel you've crossed the line, in the cold light of day.

(PS - you were banned for abuse, not your opinions - you still can't seem to grasp/are in denial about that fact).

386How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 23 2020, 07:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You can say what you like about Ben Elton but I don't know why you think Harry Enfield "killed UK comedy stone dead for decades". He was genuinely funny and original imo. Smile

387How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 23 2020, 09:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Paul Whitehouse at his best

388How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Financial Times today says ministers will now begin a campaign to persuade people that it is safe to go out again. Chancellor Rishi Sunak said he could not wait to get back to the pub - even though he does not drink!
How about that for blindly cheerleading for his boss in a gamble that risks endangering us! Party concerns before public concerns again! 
Hard to trust the Cabinet's purpose, integrity and honesty when they utter statements that shoot  themselves in the foot.

(Well, Nat, you did say you wanted sources and opinions and you know how I strive to satisfy your ladyship's every desire)

389How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots of people don't drink but enjoy the pub atmosphere.

390How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rarely get to the pub as we have kids (the little bastards ruining my life  Very Happy) but after a few drinks who is going to bother with even a 1metre rule?

391How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 24 2020, 12:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

More details of just how corrupt the Tory party is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53158002

392How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 24 2020, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:More details of just how corrupt the Tory party is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53158002
I don't think the "if you've got nothing to hide then you won't mind publishing the documents" line works in this day and age, just as it didn't in Yeltsin's Russia when Dominic Cummings was there learning his trade. Or Trump's America when they wanted to check his tax returns. Or Johnson's Britain burying the report on Russia's involvement in Brexit.

In all cases you'd think it was in the public interest to see the evidence so that we can decide for ourselves but apparently "let's move on" is an acceptable legal argument in 2020.

393How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 25 2020, 18:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't suppose anyone is surprised at this piece of news on the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53184674

394How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 25 2020, 21:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boris telling lies again. Do even his supporters believe him?

395How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 25 2020, 22:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When you start regarding Lammy as a balanced source, then you really are grabbing at straws.

396How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 26 2020, 07:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It is a simple factual matter. Either 16 recommendations have been implemented or they haven't.

Boris is a serial liar who believes the truth is what he wants it to be not what it exists in reality. It seems to be official Tory policy to lie and keep lying because there is research that shows the more often a lie is told the more likely it is to be believed.

397How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 26 2020, 07:58

gloswhite wrote:When you start regarding Lammy as a balanced source, then you really are grabbing at straws.

The man who wrote the report? Surely there’s nobody more qualified to comment on it?

398How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 26 2020, 09:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've always thought Lammy comes across as a dignified, reasoned politician, certainly on Question Time, Newsnight, Sky and Marr. Anyway, Boris' grotesque denials, lies, avoidance of scrutiny and wild blustering make Lammy look like a paragon of serenity and honesty. 

Glos, are you sure you're not getting him mixed up with tory Cleverley?

399How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 26 2020, 10:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 EbX-H0NXsAACKvY?format=jpg&name=360x360
Suspected spoof, but made me laugh!

Boris' photo opp with Richard Desmond in 2014

Boris in 2020: I have never met Richard Desmond and he has no more access to ministers than any other Tory billionaire donors.

400How is the Tory government doing? - Page 20 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 26 2020, 12:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The photo is genuine but Boris has refused permission for the BBC to use it. So much for open government.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum