Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 50]

461Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 20:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:Oh great, two racist twats. Just what this situation needs.
Fucking snowflake.

462Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Fucking snowflake.
Is there really any need for this Martin? Seriously?

463Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Fucking snowflake.

Martin, we are not all White Anglo-Saxon Protestants on here and life has moved on since Bernard Manning's days nearly fifty years ago.

Like it or lump it you simply can't say things like what you did, it's not only considered racist, it IS racist!

It would have been good of you to put your hand up, apologise and tell us you meant no harm and posted in fun - but you have returned and now posted the above shite instead.

TROY and I may not exchange Christmas cards with each other but he was bang on with what he posted.

Time to move into the twenty-first century rather than remain a knuckle dragger from the past.

Yes, the virus started in China and there is talk about how it was passed on to us from their abhorrent AND illegal practice of hunting, trapping and killing then eating the endangered pangolin's to the point of extinction, so the point you were making had merit.

The way you said it thought DIDN'T.

And that wasn't TROY's fault - it was all yours!

464Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:TROY and I may not exchange Christmas cards with each other but he was bang on with what he posted.

That implies you do swap Christmas cards with some posters.

You massive gobshite, I've never so much as received a cheap Asda supermarket card from you. And I'm your oldest acquaintance on here.

I bet Bob gets one of those massive padded cards that Clintons keep on the top shelf.

465Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I bet Bob gets one of those massive padded cards that Clintons keep on the top shelf.

You are starting to show your age with that! Very Happy

I haven't seen them for years and they used to be about twenty quid then! Very Happy

466Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:23

MartinBWFC wrote:
Fucking snowflake.

Views like yours are dying out, and for good reason. You’re backwards and the world’s moving on - without you.

467Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

You are starting to show your age with that! Very Happy

I haven't seen them for years and they used to be about twenty quid then! Very Happy
Cards are a rip off. I make my own out of that cardboard you get with a shirt.

468Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 21:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You are starting to show your age with that! Very Happy

As if you've been in Clintons recently. I see you as more of a Card Factory chap.

469Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:You are starting to show your age with that! Very Happy

As if you've been in Clintons recently. I see you as more of a Card Factory chap.

I only ever went with either my mum or dad at the time to Clinton's (which is now HSBC) helping them choose cards for each other which would have been in the 80's.

I went in once and bought a card which cost £3.49 then and will never forget it with those from me to you bears that were a fortune.

I have to say I never went in again.

But you are right Nat as I was ecstatic when Card Factory recently opened up at Middlebrook as that's the place I go now. I would be daft not to.

I do know someone who buys them on the market though that I believe are even cheaper at 49p a card! Shocked Very Happy

470Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Fucking snowflake.
Is there really any need for this Martin? Seriously?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

471Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So I have just popped in my Local Lidl for a few bits and there was the usual no bread, meat and dairy stuff.

There was two pallets of chopped tomatoes which I found odd due to the current climate so picked up 4 and there was no restriction on how many.

As I had a good look round I noticed that the actual limit was only on salmon and didn't apply to anything else so it's no wonder all the bloody meat has gone in a flash.

Still no bog roll or kitchen roll or even bars of soap/handwash for that matter.

I was allowed to buy 6 bottles of the Chilean Merlot though!

472Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sainsbury's have a limit of 3 on everything and 2 on some items (none of which were there a couple of hours ago). I think I am going to have to get up early tomorrow to join the crowd if I want fruit, vegetables or meat. Evil or Very Mad

473Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Sainsbury's have a limit of 3 on everything and 2 on some items (none of which were there a couple of hours ago). I think I am going to have to get up early tomorrow to join the crowd if I want fruit, vegetables or meat. Evil or Very Mad

It may be worth checking if you fit into the vulnerable category which may help you with the dedicated hour some supermarkets provide so the usual hoarders don't take it all first.

It may also be worth checking your local butcher for meat as they may have a better chance of it being in stock.

Mine round the corner is open till late every day as he can still source stuff so it's something to think about.

474Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I ended up buying a pack of chicken and mushroom pot noodles earlier on Amazon I thought I would never do! Shocked

475Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Luckily Creamline Dairies delivered our fruit today, but even they have asked customers to give them at least three days notice for grocery items.

476Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 22:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:Sainsbury's have a limit of 3 on everything and 2 on some items (none of which were there a couple of hours ago). I think I am going to have to get up early tomorrow to join the crowd if I want fruit, vegetables or meat. Evil or Very Mad

It may be worth checking if you fit into the vulnerable category which may help you with the dedicated hour some supermarkets provide so the usual hoarders don't take it all first.

It may also be worth checking your local butcher for meat as they may have a better chance of it being in stock.

Mine round the corner is open till late every day as he can still source stuff so it's something to think about.

I'm 69 so don't feel that I'm in the vulnerable category yet as I have no underlying medical condition.

Definitely worth checking our local butcher and greengrocer tomorrow though.

477Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 23:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I ended up buying a pack of chicken and mushroom pot noodles earlier on Amazon I thought I would never do! Shocked
Today I bought my first 2 packs of loo roll since I broke the news about the bog roll crisis a couple of weeks ago as they happened to be restocking the shelves whilst I was helping the son with mental health problems do some shopping.
As he can't cook for himself properly, I was looking for easy stuff - ready meals (none) pasta (none) and pizza (none) so I settled on Pot Noodles and Pot Rice.
We picked up 3 each of 5 varieties.
No chance. The limit is three per customer regardless of flavour and regardless of whether it's pasta or rice. Go figure.
So the lad had to go through the motions of getting his own basket, put three pot noodles in it and I had to pay for them as a separate bill - which seemed a bit pedantic but "rules are rules". The rest were confiscated.
Seeing what was happening, a very attractive young lady behind us in the queue offered to put 3 more through with her shopping. I declined but I think I fell in love with her a bit.

478Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 23:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:I ended up buying a pack of chicken and mushroom pot noodles earlier on Amazon I thought I would never do! Shocked
Today I bought my first 2 packs of loo roll since I broke the news about the bog roll crisis a couple of weeks ago as they happened to be restocking the shelves whilst I was helping the son with mental health problems do some shopping.
As he can't cook for himself properly, I was looking for easy stuff - ready meals (none) pasta (none) and pizza (none) so I settled on Pot Noodles and Pot Rice.
We picked up 3 each of 5 varieties.
No chance. The limit is three per customer regardless of flavour and regardless of whether it's pasta or rice. Go figure.
So the lad had to go through the motions of getting his own basket, put three pot noodles in it and I had to pay for them as a separate bill - which seemed a bit pedantic but "rules are rules". The rest were confiscated.
Seeing what was happening, a very attractive young lady behind us in the queue offered to put 3 more through with her shopping. I declined but I think I fell in love with her a bit.
I tried to buy 3 packets of Jammy Dodgers, but was limited to two.  Shocked

479Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 19 2020, 23:34

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:So apparently we are in lockdown from Friday,  prince Philip died two days ago this is all from a trusted journo from a respectable paper........trusted journo and respectable paper just screams bullshit to me from the off.

And the news coming out of China as to the progress being made........the secret state is telling porkies nat..... no proof or evidence of it being either way. 

And whilst the way Martin said what he said wasn't the best way to put it, ultimately the bit about them eating anything with a pulse is both true and disgusting in equal measure. 

If we do go into lockdown on Friday is going to be a nightmare.

It's the racist words used Johnny calling them slit eyed fuckers.

My Mrs is half Chinese.

I don't think you would appreciate it if you were in the same position mate. Smile

Lockdown is the way to go with this to stop it spreading like other contries have IMO.

I doubt the truth with China on having only one case is true also but not a clue on Prince Phillip.
I agree with you KP.  His terminology was abhorrent, but the fact remains that the traditional Chinese markets that has the blood of dogs, cats, bats, sheep just running down the street is what has led to this.

Unless you’re a vegetarian I don’t think it’s a fair criticism to make - apologies if you are of course.

The fact we value a dogs life higher than a cows is nonsense, there’s no ethical justification for eating meat.
100% vegan

480Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 00:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:So apparently we are in lockdown from Friday,  prince Philip died two days ago this is all from a trusted journo from a respectable paper........trusted journo and respectable paper just screams bullshit to me from the off.

And the news coming out of China as to the progress being made........the secret state is telling porkies nat..... no proof or evidence of it being either way. 

And whilst the way Martin said what he said wasn't the best way to put it, ultimately the bit about them eating anything with a pulse is both true and disgusting in equal measure. 

If we do go into lockdown on Friday is going to be a nightmare.

It's the racist words used Johnny calling them slit eyed fuckers.

My Mrs is half Chinese.

I don't think you would appreciate it if you were in the same position mate. Smile

Lockdown is the way to go with this to stop it spreading like other contries have IMO.

I doubt the truth with China on having only one case is true also but not a clue on Prince Phillip.
I agree with you KP.  His terminology was abhorrent, but the fact remains that the traditional Chinese markets that has the blood of dogs, cats, bats, sheep just running down the street is what has led to this.

Unless you’re a vegetarian I don’t think it’s a fair criticism to make - apologies if you are of course.

The fact we value a dogs life higher than a cows is nonsense, there’s no ethical justification for eating meat.
100% vegan
Will that be the 100% vegan chicken KFC do? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum