Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

721Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 04:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Heya Boncey, I never really left - just haven't been as visible in the forums. I check in from time to time and do a banner or two (such as the current effort!) I saw a montage of Trump speaking about Covid-19 where he said it was just a flu and they already had a cure - or would in the next few days, then fast forward a few days later when he was praising himself for always knowing it was a pandemic. He was calling it a pandemic before most people called it that, too.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

722Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 08:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

723Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 12:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Keegan, good to see you are still hanging in there. Hopefully your government will learn from all the mistakes made so far on the viru, and manage to close it down earlier. Stay safe.

724Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 13:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:When are you lot. (not you Sluffy),  going to stop criticizing every bloody thing the government does ?

Is there not one single thing you can actually praise.  Sorry, stupid question, of course there isn't.

I’ve praised their economic response. You blindly support everything they do as far as I can see, no matter what the consequences.

This is about deflecting the blame onto the Chinese though, much like they duped so many into believing our problems were as a result of immigration and the EU. It’s bollocks; and you should stand up to it.
By the same token, you should accept that there are many good things coming out of this, although the bottom line is still dreadful. I don't think I follow everything blindly, there again, I don't look for things to criticise the government for in everything I read, unlike yourself. 
Just be thankful you don't live in America, we'll be seeing how to really mess things up when the virus really gets a grip.

I literally just said the economic response deserves praise, so let’s not go down the usual of you applying any old bile to me.

It’s not that you don’t look for criticisms Glos, you go out of your way to excuse any actions and never give any justification for your blind support.

Interesting to see you taking a dim view of the US response. Seem to remember you shouting me down for suggesting Hilary was a better option in the last election? Can’t see how it could be worst than Don now.
Regarding the financial responses, I think just about everyone accepts that the government took the correct decisions, although we will all be paying for it in the future. 
I have to accept that it may look like I will excuse just about everything, but that's usually because I get frustrated with some comments from the anti government/Boris/Brexit posters on here who seem to latch on to what I feel are sometimes insignificant points. Let me assure you that I have as many concerns as yourself about what is going on, but I don't go looking for them. I tend to look for the positive in people and situations, an example being when Wanderlust criticised the idea to enlist the help of retired NHS staff. Its just been announced that 20,000 have offered their services.
Regarding Trump, I originally stated that neither were suitable and that we had the choice of carrying on with the tainted politics of Clinton or to go with the unknown prospect of Trump. I was hoping that a fresh approach from a different sort of person would improve the sometimes corrupt and inappropriate actions of the US government. Needless to say, as time has gone on, its got worse to such an extent that we see a country on the verge of a medical disaster, being led by an absolute idiot, and a disgrace to his office. I feel that his handling of this pandemic will result in his going out of office, a big change to where he was a few weeks ago when he was still riding high. I think everyone would be better off once he's gone. Unfortunately, the American people have to live with his decisions at such a vulnerable time.
As an aside, did you see the Russians moved 7 warships through the channel the other day? Can't help but wonder what they are planning at such a time.

725Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 13:52

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Russians often move a warship through the Channel and sometimes, as now, a group. What tickles us is every Russian journey includes a tug, as though they are expecting a breakdown at sea. They occasional change tasks for various ships and perhaps this was a transition from North Atlantic or Baltic Sea area to Black Sea ports, or even East Mediterranean in support of Syrians. Hard to guess what the Russians are doing but they soon bugger off when the big  boys approach.
 I doubt we have any immediate worries from Russian sabre rattling and Vlad is probably posturing for home consumption seeing as how Russians are being told quite a few porkies about Covid problems at home.

726Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 14:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think your right, although it brought to mind how Vlad (like that), is never one to miss an opportunity to pull the West's tail when he can. Now is the perfect time for him to move his pieces in a longer term game that he is putting in place.

727Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 15:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

728Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 15:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just to balance out and give reply to the allegations of this simply being a political misdirection tactic away from blame on the government made above.

Believe what you want and argue it out if you must on another thread but not on this one.

Thank you

Senior Tories attack China over coronavirus misinformation

MICHAEL Gove has criticised China for their handling of the Covid-19 outbreak.
The senior Tory minister said Beijing had not been clear “about the scale, the nature, the infectiousness” of the virus.
Asked on BBC One’s Andrew Marr show why Britain did not have sufficient testing, despite the first case in China being known about in December, the Tory minister said: “We’ve been increasing the number of tests over the course of the last month.
“It was the case, you’re absolutely right, that the first case of coronavirus in China was established in December last year, but it was also the case that some of the reporting from China was not clear about the scale, the nature, the infectiousness of it.
“We’ve always followed the scientific advice ... at every stage our scientists have been looking at the emerging evidence and then making recommendations to the Government on how to react.”
His comments came after the Mail on Sunday reported that senior Downing Street officials and ministers expect a “reckoning” with China over misinformation in relation to the outbreak.
The paper quoted a Cabinet minister as saying: “We can’t stand by and allow the Chinese state’s desire for secrecy to ruin the world’s economy and then come back like nothing has happened.”
Former Tory party leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith used a column in the paper to accuse China of a “cover up”.
“As a result of Beijing’s cover-up and delay, global health experts are convinced the rest of the world had insufficient time to prepare for the pandemic, which means the effect of the outbreak has most likely been worse,” he wrote in the Mail on Sunday.
“For too long, nations have lamely kow-towed to China in the desperate hope of winning trade deals.
“But once we get clear of this terrible pandemic, it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship and put it on a much more balanced and honest basis.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18344260.senior-tories-attack-china-coronavirus-misinformation/

729Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:03

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The prime minister's chief adviser Dominic Cummings is in self-isolation after showing coronavirus symptoms, No 10 has confirmed.
He started developing symptoms over the weekend and will be staying in contact with the rest of the Downing Street team during his quarantine period.

730Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know many of you will be concerned  about Dominic.

731Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why can't self centred twats like this not just fuck off completely?

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 26583152-8167509-image-m-17_1585570642160

732Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:35

Sluffy wrote:Just to balance out and give reply to the allegations of this simply being a political misdirection tactic away from blame on the government made above.

Believe what you want and argue it out if you must on another thread but not on this one.

Thank you

Senior Tories attack China over coronavirus misinformation

MICHAEL Gove has criticised China for their handling of the Covid-19 outbreak.
The senior Tory minister said Beijing had not been clear “about the scale, the nature, the infectiousness” of the virus.
Asked on BBC One’s Andrew Marr show why Britain did not have sufficient testing, despite the first case in China being known about in December, the Tory minister said: “We’ve been increasing the number of tests over the course of the last month.
“It was the case, you’re absolutely right, that the first case of coronavirus in China was established in December last year, but it was also the case that some of the reporting from China was not clear about the scale, the nature, the infectiousness of it.
“We’ve always followed the scientific advice ... at every stage our scientists have been looking at the emerging evidence and then making recommendations to the Government on how to react.”
His comments came after the Mail on Sunday reported that senior Downing Street officials and ministers expect a “reckoning” with China over misinformation in relation to the outbreak.
The paper quoted a Cabinet minister as saying: “We can’t stand by and allow the Chinese state’s desire for secrecy to ruin the world’s economy and then come back like nothing has happened.”
Former Tory party leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith used a column in the paper to accuse China of a “cover up”.
“As a result of Beijing’s cover-up and delay, global health experts are convinced the rest of the world had insufficient time to prepare for the pandemic, which means the effect of the outbreak has most likely been worse,” he wrote in the Mail on Sunday.
“For too long, nations have lamely kow-towed to China in the desperate hope of winning trade deals.
“But once we get clear of this terrible pandemic, it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship and put it on a much more balanced and honest basis.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18344260.senior-tories-attack-china-coronavirus-misinformation/

Just to be clear, I’ve said blaming a foreign nation would be classic Tory strategy. Whether they do or not long term we shall see.

This article doesn’t add any balance by the way - it quotes Gove and IDS. If anything it supports that view there was a concerted effort over the weekend to push blame onto China.

733Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:35

karlypants wrote:Why can't self centred twats like this not just fuck off completely?

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 26583152-8167509-image-m-17_1585570642160

Disturbing snap, why has she put that up?

734Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What has she done to her face? She looks ridiculous  Laughing

735Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
karlypants wrote:Why can't self centred twats like this not just fuck off completely?

Here is the video...

She's done this one too just recently...

She's obviously losing her mind trying to stay in the lime light!

736Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 17:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The things some people will do to try and stay relevant in times like this. :facepalm:

737Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 18:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thank you

Just to be clear, I’ve said blaming a foreign nation would be classic Tory strategy. Whether they do or not long term we shall see.

This article doesn’t add any balance by the way - it quotes Gove and IDS. If anything it supports that view there was a concerted effort over the weekend to push blame onto China.

How fucking difficult is it to grasp this????

I've already asked previously and nicely to keep politics off this particular thread -

Sluffy wrote:There's bigger things to focus on right now than political point scoring or having issues with me because I've called you a 'know it all, nutcase'.

For those of you who can't keep that sort off THIS thread - I've repeatedly asked for it not to be - then kindly find somewhere else to post.

I think that is a fair and reasonable request even if some quite clearly haven't up to now.

Thank you.

There's threads you can post on all you want about politics - this one for instance -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t20522-how-is-the-tory-government-doing

...where people like me who don't give a fuck about such trivial and petty things right now can talk all about whatever bollocks you want but keep it off this one.

I'll not ask again.

738Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 18:31

So you can post about the governments response to the virus on this thread, any body else has to use the other thread you’ve put up?

739Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 18:55

karlypants wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Here is the video...

She's done this one too just recently...

She's obviously losing her mind trying to stay in the lime light!

She’s probably used to being surrounded by sycophants everyday. Left to her own devices must be a shock to the system!

740Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 30 2020, 18:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:So you can post about the governments response to the virus on this thread, any body else has to use the other thread you’ve put up?

I've finished what you started.

I asked for you and everybody else to take your political 'prejudices' elsewhere.

I'd already asked previously and politely for that to be the case.

I didn't put up the other thread - it's been in existence for quite some time.

If you don't like what I've requested then post somewhere else.

Like it or lump it, I'm not playing on this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum