Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 50]

701Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 15:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When are you lot. (not you Sluffy),  going to stop criticizing every bloody thing the government does ?

Is there not one single thing you can actually praise.  Sorry, stupid question, of course there isn't.

702Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 15:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:When are you lot. (not you Sluffy),  going to stop criticizing every bloody thing the government does ?

Is there not one single thing you can actually praise.  Sorry, stupid question, of course there isn't.

So what should we be praising?

For what it is worth glos I have not criticised the government's handling of the corona virus crisis at any point (although obviously I have criticised a lot of other things they are responsible for).

703Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 15:52

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Good news story.

Well worth a listen.

(Hope your dad gets better Emma).

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/march/ceo-emma-beaugeard-speaks-to-bbc-radio-5-live/
I believe Emma's father died yesterday, Sluffy. Sincerest condolences to her but she and everyone at BWFC can feel justifiably proud of what they are doing.

I don't suppose Emma will have had any thoughts on our erstwhile friend at FGR taking the opportunity to do a bit of, what has all the appearance to me, of a bit of copycat virtue-signalling by making FGR's 'stadium' available to the government. I also wonder, from Mr Vince's more recent utterances, whether he's worried that things are going to get tougher for the Egotricity Group and that his million quid a year interest-free loans might be under increasing threat.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Mar 29 2020, 16:00; edited 2 times in total

704Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 15:52

gloswhite wrote:When are you lot. (not you Sluffy),  going to stop criticizing every bloody thing the government does ?

I’ve praised their economic response. You blindly support everything they do as far as I can see, no matter what the consequences.

This is about deflecting the blame onto the Chinese though, much like they duped so many into believing our problems were as a result of immigration and the EU. It’s bollocks; and you should stand up to it.

705Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 15:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:

So what should we be praising?

For what it is worth glos I have not criticised the government's handling of the corona virus crisis at any point (although obviously I have criticised a lot of other things they are responsible for).
Youre right XM, you haven't, and I regard you as a paragon of virtue in this respect, unlike those other whingers.
We, nearly all accept that the government was caught on the hop, the same as just about every other country, but I for one, am glad to see that the country is actually rallying behind the NHS and other services. and accepting that were picking up at a much quicker rate. We have still to see if the battle plan to relieve the NHS for long enough to get the required infrastructure in place will actually work, but we can't blame them for trying.

706Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 16:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:

I’ve praised their economic response. You blindly support everything they do as far as I can see, no matter what the consequences.

This is about deflecting the blame onto the Chinese though, much like they duped so many into believing our problems were as a result of immigration and the EU. It’s bollocks; and you should stand up to it.
By the same token, you should accept that there are many good things coming out of this, although the bottom line is still dreadful. I don't think I follow everything blindly, there again, I don't look for things to criticise the government for in everything I read, unlike yourself. 
Just be thankful you don't live in America, we'll be seeing how to really mess things up when the virus really gets a grip.

707Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 16:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear - he's at it again.

Anyhow, it seems that the new police powers are getting column inches....

• One man from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, has been jailed for a year after he was found to have spat at officers while claiming he had coronavirus. 

• Another man, aged 43, has been charged with assault after a paramedic was allegedly coughed at in the face in Gloucestershire

• Two people have been arrested after a woman was allegedly deliberately coughed at in the street in Somerset.

• Checkpoints have begun appearing in some areas, such as North Yorkshire, but police have urged the public to be mindful of scams.
    Two men posing as police officers pulled over a driver and attempted to fine them £60 for "non-essential travel" in East Yorkshire - where checkpoints were not in place.

708Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 16:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

By the same token, you should accept that there are many good things coming out of this, although the bottom line is still dreadful. I don't think I follow everything blindly, there again, I don't look for things to criticise the government for in everything I read, unlike yourself. 
Just be thankful you don't live in America, we'll be seeing how to really mess things up when the virus really gets a grip.
I just happen to believe that the Government had the information and resources to do much better Glos and in this case it's not just poor performance but loss of life at stake.
Now I know you and others may not share my viewpoint, but I don't have any problem with that - surely expressing a range of opinions is the whole point of the site? If folk have a different perspective from me that's great - let's hear it.
But what is unacceptable is using the expression of a different opinion as a platform to 

• insult me for my opinions
  • intentionally misinterpret what I write
  • make the spurious leap to expanding theories about me personally
  • take every opportunity to write insulting diatribes that involves raking up posts from the past and taking them out of context.

There is only one person on this site who does that and we all know who it is.

Been on duty since 9 am and still haven't had a call out yet so am assuming it's still relatively calm around here.

709Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 18:32

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

I literally just said the economic response deserves praise, so let’s not go down the usual of you applying any old bile to me.

It’s not that you don’t look for criticisms Glos, you go out of your way to excuse any actions and never give any justification for your blind support.

Interesting to see you taking a dim view of the US response. Seem to remember you shouting me down for suggesting Hilary was a better option in the last election? Can’t see how it could be worst than Don now.

710Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 18:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
But what is unacceptable is using the expression of a different opinion as a platform to 

• insult me for my opinions
  • intentionally misinterpret what I write
  • make the spurious leap to expanding theories about me personally
  • take every opportunity to write insulting diatribes that involves raking up posts from the past and taking them out of context.

There is only one person on this site who does that and we all know who it is.

If you find me so unacceptable then go and find someplace else to post.

It's really that simple.

711Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 19:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Good news story.

Well worth a listen.

(Hope your dad gets better Emma).

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/march/ceo-emma-beaugeard-speaks-to-bbc-radio-5-live/
I believe Emma's father died yesterday, Sluffy. Sincerest condolences to her but she and everyone at BWFC can feel justifiably proud of what they are doing.

I'm very sorry she's lost her father, I hadn't heard that before your post, my condolences too.

My father died twenty-five years ago and it still hurts me that he's gone.

My only remaining brother isn't well and this coronavirus is a big worry to his wellbeing.

This is very personal for me.

There's bigger things to focus on right now than political point scoring or having issues with me because I've called you a 'know it all, nutcase'.

For those of you who can't keep that sort off THIS thread - I've repeatedly asked for it not to be - then kindly find somewhere else to post.

I think that is a fair and reasonable request even if some quite clearly haven't up to now.

Thank you.

712Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 19:36

Sorry to hear about your brother, I’ve got a couple of family members who have received letters advising them they are vulnerable too. Not great, but so long as their cautious hopefully all will be okay.

You will need to clarify ‘political point scoring’ for me please. Is that directed at my post?

713Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 19:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Sorry to hear about your brother, I’ve got a couple of family members who have received letters advising them they are vulnerable too. Not great, but so long as their cautious hopefully all will be okay.

You will need to clarify ‘political point scoring’ for me please. Is that directed at my post?

Thanks for your kind words about my brother's wellbeing.

This thread is about people dying.

It's about having respect for them and showing empathy to those of us who are at risk or have love ones who are.

It's not about party politics, it's not about internet grudges, it's not about point scoring - it's about loss and fear of loss of the ones you love.

If you can't grasp that, then you aren't as smart as I've always believed you to be.

714Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 19:59

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:The Tories deflecting their mishandling of domestic policy onto foreigners, nothing new here.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 EUQ8xuLWAAASeen?format=jpg&name=medium

So the 'well connected' journalist from the Times who gave implied criticism of the Conservative government dealing with the virus was right yet the 'well connected' journalist from the Mail who gave the Conservative government's view on China's clear attempt to 'hide' the facts and mislead the world (see Le Wenliang) is a deflection away from its handling of the crisis?

Why can't you and nutjob grasp that this is bigger than your political prejudices and put away your pathetic point scoring until this thing has been beaten?

Fwiw I'm re-reading Forces of Nature by Brian Cox, whilst we're in lockdown and he quotes the moon landing astronaut Scott Carpenter who said the following apparently...

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 This-planet-is-not-terra-firma-it-is-a-delicate-flower-and-it-must-be-cared-for-its-lonely-its-quote-1

Makes you think that there's bigger things to deal with at this time than this supposed Conservative re-election strategy for the 2024 General Election.

Well it does me anyway.

Ah only just seen this so that answers my last post’s question!

I don’t see your point (it doesn’t make any sense). I’m not disputing either of the stories you quote, my comment was ok the fact that splashing the right wing rags with ‘China will pay’ is classic story strategy - blame the foreigner. Whether they do end up going down that line long term remains to be seen, I posted this half tongue in cheek to be honest.

On ‘political point scoring’. That’s ridiculous, we need to be scrutinising the government response now and hoping it’s sufficient. As I’ve said, the economic response so far has been good, nobody expects all answers straight away as they’ve been dealing with an unprecedented crisis. However, stories around Cummings, slow response and lack of testing certainly do need to be picked up - there’s too much at risk.

715Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 20:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tetrapak billionaire Hans Rausing and wife Julia have donated £16.5million to fight against coronavirus.

716Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 20:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In a country as rich as ours, charities should not need to act as the sticking plaster for the welfare state.They are doing a fantastic job, however.

Austerity left us vulnerable to this pandemic. The UK was warned years ago to prepare for a possible health crisis but continued to denude the NHS and Social Care, causing punctured morale and a mass exodus of irreplaceable staff. Adequate levels of pay were repeatedly declined. We are now relying on volunteers and the general public to step up....and they have.

Cummings' controversial "herd immunity" philosophy slowed down the more practical fight-back ideas from the government, but we failed to supply our amazing healthcare staff with the protection they need fast enough. The EU offered us PPE and ventilators but take-up was not forthcoming. Some implausible excuses were made for this "oversight". 

Many other relevant issues need to be debated, both pro and anti the government's response, but there will clearly be a public enquiry into how the situation has come about and been handled, once recovery is fully achieved and sustained.
 Now is not the time.

Last edited by okocha on Sun Mar 29 2020, 20:39; edited 1 time in total

717Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 20:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been thinking about two things...

1. As it looks like there are 2 strains (if not possibly more) going around then would it be better to catch the weaker strain where you only get mild symptoms and then be immune to any other so herd immunity would be a good thing in this case?

2. If this virus did come from people eating bats then why now? People in China have been eating shite like this since forever. It just seems a little odd but then again it is a similar situation I gess like Ebola from apparently eating monkey meat.

718Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 21:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another stupid Labour MP

All people are asked to do is to stay home and protect the NHS which will help protect lives.

A real pair of morons.

719Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 22:06

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hello fellow Nutters; in the immortal words of Celine Dion, "I'm Alive". The famed Coronavirus is here in sunny Jamaica, with the first two reported cases having originated from the UK (Thanks a lot!). I don't believe the virus has been treated with the seriousness that it deserves, and I have seen (live and on TV) where some people think the virus is somehow afraid of them or that they are impervious - but hey, one can only control their own actions and hope for the best. If any of you lot have any hoarded bog rolls and/or hand sanitizer, be a good lad and send some to a fellow wanderer? 

PS: As luck would have it, I finally met Ricardo Bibi Gardner, who is coaching one of the top Jamaican clubs at present. Even luckier, is that I was wearing my mustard "Sportsbra" Bolton jersey at the time, so I was able to blame him for my supporting the club. We had a brief chat about the state of affairs. Good lad.

PPS: Wash your hands after reading this. :zzz:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

720Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 29 2020, 23:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Hello fellow Nutters; in the immortal words of Celine Dion, "I'm Alive". The famed Coronavirus is here in sunny Jamaica, with the first two reported cases having originated from the UK (Thanks a lot!). I don't believe the virus has been treated with the seriousness that it deserves, and I have seen (live and on TV) where some people think the virus is somehow afraid of them or that they are impervious - but hey, one can only control their own actions and hope for the best. If any of you lot have any hoarded bog rolls and/or hand sanitizer, be a good lad and send some to a fellow wanderer? 

PS: As luck would have it, I finally met Ricardo Bibi Gardner, who is coaching one of the top Jamaican clubs at present. Even luckier, is that I was wearing my mustard "Sportsbra" Bolton jersey at the time, so I was able to blame him for my supporting the club. We had a brief chat about the state of affairs. Good lad.

PPS: Wash your hands after reading this. :zzz:
Welcome back. Heady days all over the world.

Just been listening to a Trump virus press conference, and he started rambling about how much ammunition the US military has. If I didn't laugh I'd cry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum