Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 50]

901Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:23

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:The people in the apartment below mine are currently having a party in the communal garden. There are 6 people, of which only two live in the complex. I suspect the others are parents & siblings.

Should I do something?

Have you got a hosepipe?

902Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Have you got a hosepipe?

:facepalm:

Yes, there's a lot of need for a hosepipe in the penthouse suite.

903Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:29

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I guess it depends on what  your hobbies are.

You could have a fantasy game with an imaginary fireman for all I know.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:31; edited 1 time in total

904Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I guess it depends on what  your hobbies are.

I'm intrigued as to what you use your hosepipe for.

905Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:I guess it depends on what  your hobbies are.

I'm intrigued as to what you use your hosepipe for.
Watering plants.

Blasting the patio to clean it.

906Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can make a very passable french horn out of a hosepipe.

907Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very helpful.

908Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 17:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Very helpful.
Use the lockdown to develop a musical talent using household items. I'm creating wonderful work with a watering can and a vacuum cleaner tube.

909Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 17:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cajunboy wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
xmiles wrote:I find the attitude of some police officers a little bit disturbing. What kind of halfwit talks about checking people's supermarket trolleys or telling a family not to play in their own front garden? Whatever happened to common sense?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52245937
They should be in the back garden.

Why?
You obviously don't get my sense of humour.

Embarassed

910Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 18:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I find the attitude of some police officers a little bit disturbing. What kind of halfwit talks about checking people's supermarket trolleys or telling a family not to play in their own front garden? Whatever happened to common sense?

Was it not due to that they had no fence at the end of their front garden so the kids would spill out on to the street?

911Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 18:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Was it not due to that they had no fence at the end of their front garden so the kids would spill out on to the street?
The cops are always on the look out for a fence. Very Happy

912Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 10 2020, 20:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yesterday we joined the back of a long queue for the supermarket to get in enough essentials to last through the Easter holiday (Mind you, almost every product in Waitrose is classed as part of their  "Essential" range!)
Everyone was keeping at least 2m apart, as directed. It was very quiet...until a scruffy, middle aged-guy breezed up right behind us, "singing" very loudly such gems as Thumbelina and classics from Mary Popppins. Pissed at 1.30 in the afternoon! I gave him my best glare and indicated that he move back rather than invade our space. Wasted my time. Completely oblivious.
 Caught the eye of the Security man who did nothing. You'd have thought the volume of the singing and the reactions of the rest of the queue might have been a clue to the nuisance value, and the failure to observe  social distancing should have alerted Waitrose staff as well as the Security bloke. But no! I wanted to lay hands on the drunkard but remembered myself just in time, and decided to abandon our place in the queue and rejoin at the very end again.

Got inside, did the shopping whilst Val Doonican continued his serenades across the store, got to the checkout, only to be barged aside by our hero who'd decided he'd forgotten some crucial goods. Fortunately the physical contact only involved his elbow making contact with my forearm.....so I may survive, but if you don't hear from me again, you'll know why.

Before I  shuffle off this mortal coil, please listen to the song I posted on the Music Thread, by daughter and father from Ohio, total amateurs, Savanna and Mat Shaw, singing in perfect harmony in their special room at home. It will rouse your emotions as it did mine and Cajun's. Stunning! I swear it's at least as good as the same song performed by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion......It's called The Prayer and is ideal for the times we're enduring. Enjoy! Happy Easter.

Last edited by okocha on Sat Apr 11 2020, 10:39; edited 2 times in total

913Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Apr 11 2020, 06:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

914Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Apr 13 2020, 23:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This just seems to be a complete waste of a Doctors time especially due to the situation right now.

Couldn't they have just bought some from the supermarket?

Bloody ridiculous!

915Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Apr 14 2020, 11:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reports are out that a third of NHS workers have tested positive for COV-19.

916Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Apr 14 2020, 12:00

Horrendous, but not surprising given the lack of PPE.

917Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 15 2020, 07:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Trump demonstrates yet again what an idiot he is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52289056

918Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 15 2020, 10:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I often wonder what strange game Trump is playing. Does he have a long-term aim that isn't obvious to anyone else, or is he just an arrogant, bumbling fool who is so concerned with how he 'looks' that his actions are only for re-election, and his country is being allowed to crumble as a serious world power ? I think the latter, but God knows what sort of mess he will continue to make, and how the rest of the world will suffer for his vanity.

919Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 15 2020, 19:26

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:I often wonder what strange game Trump is playing. Does he have a long-term aim that isn't obvious to anyone else, or is he just an arrogant, bumbling fool who is so concerned with how he 'looks' that his actions are only for re-election, and his country is being allowed to crumble as a serious world power ? I think the latter, but God knows what sort of mess he will continue to make, and how the rest of the world will suffer for his vanity.
He is seriously mentally disturbed and should be removed from office.  The bigger question is why his followers in Trumpistan listen and follow like sheep.  The man cannot help from lying, which is a mental condition.  He follows in the footsteps of Roy Cohn, lawyer, who led Senator McCarthy into the abyss in the 1950s during the Red Scare.  Vanity Fair published a masterful piece comparing the two:          https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

920Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 46 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Apr 15 2020, 19:34

He’s an egomaniac, always has been, always will be. To anyone aware of him as a personality before his presidency knew what he was like, one big personality defect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum