Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keir Starmer - new Labour leader

+11
okocha
Norpig
sunlight
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
gloswhite
Cajunboy
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
xmiles
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

141Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sun May 08 2022, 23:32

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nah. Absolutely nothing could shame Johnson into doing the decent thing.

142Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 09 2022, 01:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's amusing that the Tories are trying to draw parallels between one conviction (to date) plus 15 other ongoing investigations into Boris's behaviour versus zero convictions and one investigation into Starmer.

I think Starmer should keep his powder dry until PMQs - as anything said there will go into the parliamentary record of proceedings - and then ask Johnson that IF the Durham Police decide he has done something wrong "what would the Prime Minister recommend he should do?"

...and right there is Boris's dilemma.

...which would open the door for Starmer to say that as someone who believes that politicians should have both honesty and integrity as demanded by the parliamentary Code of Conduct, he will resign as Leader of the Opposition.

And that should open the debate on "Does the Prime Minister not believe the politicians should act with honesty and integrity?" and "Does the Prime Minister believe that he is exempt from the Parliamentary Code of Conduct and the traditions of parliament?"

Presumably Wes Streeting would win the leadership election?

143Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 09 2022, 16:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keir Starmer: I'll quit if given Covid fine by police

144Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 09 2022, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Keir Starmer: I'll quit if given Covid fine by police

Absolutely the right thing to do, but tactically a missed opportunity to drive the point home and put Boris right in the mix IMO. There's still time.

The door is opening for Wes as Britain's first gay PM.

145Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 09 2022, 19:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly what Boris should have said but we all know he is a proven liar and has no morals.

146Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 09 2022, 20:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

The door is opening for Wes as Britain's first gay PM.

Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 1411680412213_wps_5_10th_May_1975_British_pol

147Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 09 2022, 23:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Exactly what Boris should have said but we all know he is a proven liar and has no morals.

So Sir Kia and his friend (who apparently claimed she wasn't there in the first place) know they are going to get off.

That's interesting. Was there any security for this planned event?

148Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 01:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

So Sir Kia and his friend (who apparently claimed she wasn't there in the first place) know they are going to get off.

That's interesting. Was there any security for this planned event?
I'm not sure they're going to get off even though the Covid rules were more relaxed when the alleged incident took place than when Boris and the 50 odd other Tory workers actually did break the law - especially since the Tories have put their ringers in charge of the police.

I suspect that the dead cat will get up and walk away so that Wes can savage Blojo.

149Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 09:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
I'm not sure they're going to get off even though the Covid rules were more relaxed when the alleged incident took place than when Boris and the 50 odd other Tory workers actually did break the law - especially since the Tories have put their ringers in charge of the police.

I suspect that the dead cat will get up and walk away so that Wes can savage Blojo.

Now let me see. Durham has a Labour council, a Labour Police Commissioner, a Labour MP, (who's jolly it was) and theyv'e previously been let off the hook by the same Police Force with virtually no questions asked.

Sir Kia thinks he's going to be let off, (I done nothing wrong, Occifer) and  Angie Baby (I wasn't even there, Guv) thinks she's going to get off too.

But you don't, because?

150Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 11:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Perry Mason this morning. It was very good. Later today I expect a continuation of my argument with my brother about Pie Face. I don't like Pie Face. Nor do I like his potato, Paul.
My brother is team Pie Face. It could get ugly.
Forget this Starmer nonsense. There are bigger fish to fry.

151Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 11:32

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Forget this Starmer nonsense. There are bigger fish to fry.

Course there is Boncey. There's Wagathagate for starters.

Then there's Shrimpgate, Tractorgate and Trottergate all claiming they can't produce their accounts because of COVID. Its about as convincing as ''the dog ate my homework, Miss.''

152Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 11:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wagathagate might be good. Should really have settled out of court, but it'll be a moveable feast for the red tops.

153Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Now let me see. Durham has a Labour council, a Labour Police Commissioner, a Labour MP, (who's jolly it was) and theyv'e previously been let off the hook by the same Police Force with virtually no questions asked.

Sir Kia thinks he's going to be let off, (I done nothing wrong, Occifer) and  Angie Baby (I wasn't even there, Guv) thinks she's going to get off too.

But you don't, because?
Because having already closed the case, they had to have been prompted to reopen it. It will be interesting see if the "new evidence" consists of more than the gutter press film through the window and the agenda which says they were going to break for food anyway. It will come down to the interpretation of the (more relaxed) Covid rules at the time of the meeting.
That said, I sort of hope Sir Kia doesn't come with a 7 year warranty and will resign.

154Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 14:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ros Atkins on… Keir Starmer’s Durham curry

155Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Tue May 10 2022, 17:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And there you have it. It's not double standards - different rules were in operation.
By the rules at the time and notably Exceptions 3 and 20 no offence was committed.
As opposed to the rules that were in place when Boris and his cronies were partying in Whitehall and lying about it.
We may be stuck with the dead cat after all.

156Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 16 2022, 09:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Investigations Durham-style. Send them all a form to fill in. That's really going to get to the bottom of it, if getting to the bottom of it is what really matters. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10819477/Police-set-quiz-15-Labour-activists-beer-curry-Sir-Keir-Starmer-lockdown.html

157Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 16 2022, 10:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Investigations Durham-style. Send them all a form to fill in. That's really going to get to the bottom of it, if getting to the bottom of it is what really matters. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10819477/Police-set-quiz-15-Labour-activists-beer-curry-Sir-Keir-Starmer-lockdown.html
Also London style. That's exactly what the Met did to Blojo et al.

158Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 16 2022, 11:07

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Also London style. That's exactly what the Met did to Blojo et al.

Is it really? Well, of course, integrity is the middle name of all of them and they wouldn't dream of comparing notes before responding would they.

I wonder how many will say they had a "greasy night"

ttps://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/15/labour-keir-starmer-tory-mp-richard-holden-beergate-allegations

159Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 16 2022, 11:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Is it really? Well, of course, integrity is the middle name of all of them and they wouldn't dream of comparing notes before responding would they.
Perhaps that's why it's taking so long?
If Boris went to say 16 parties and there was an average of say 25 cronies at each one that's 400 sets of notes to be compared before responding.
We can probably expect the Met to conclude their investigation shortly after the next general election Smile

160Keir Starmer - new Labour leader - Page 8 Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Mon May 16 2022, 11:40

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm sorry but the idea of a 'greasy night' in Durham with Sir Kia's 'hopelessly devoted' fans is so enchanting. Boris just can't compete with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum