Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+21
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
y2johnny
xmiles
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
observer
okocha
wanderlust
sunlight
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
terenceanne
Angry Dad
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 27]

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just for the record, I'm not interested in the opinion of any of you on this topic, so I don't bother reading them.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

oops

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Anyone see the queues to vote?
Trumpy has done everything he can to stop people from voting - closing polling stations, ensuring everyone has a co-signatory before they're allowed to vote, slowing down registration, limiting the postal service for folk too ill to get to the polling station - you name it he's done everything possible to suppress people's right to vote.

But it seems they're turning out to get rid of him. There's a video of a guy who queued 11 hours to vote. That's commitment.
Sure they could be the Trump voters who turn out but my feeling is that if - and it's a big if - people continue, there could even be a change in control of the Senate.
We need to win the Senate to make an effective change of power.  The unfortunate part of this is the 40% who believe this pathological liar.   4 years ago, people wanted change... today most people want normalcy.  Trump is a true mental case... and there are millions who believe the wildest things he makes up and professes to be true.  His standard is "I heard" or "People say" and there is no evidence to back up any of these crackpot theories.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Just for the record, I'm not interested in the opinion of any of you on this topic, so I don't bother reading them.

Just for the record 50p, nobody's interested in your opinion on any topic whatsoever.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
We need to win the Senate to make an effective change of power.  The unfortunate part of this is the 40% who believe this pathological liar.   4 years ago, people wanted change... today most people want normalcy.  Trump is a true mental case... and there are millions who believe the wildest things he makes up and professes to be true.  His standard is "I heard" or "People say" and there is no evidence to back up any of these crackpot theories.
That's what worries me and that's largely to do with the new dynamics of electoral voting especially the redefined role of the internet. Love the Biden figures and to me he's come across as relatively calm and reliable - but not very exciting. Trump's core base actually like the idea that he'll speak his mind in the political arena. They seem to ignore the idea that his mind is influenced by self-interest and his mouth is a liability.
That said, I'm hoping for a landslide that sweeps through both houses.
But it's America so who knows?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Big problem for Trump is that the Senate is actually looking likely to change hands this time around. The Democrats only need to turn two extra seats to get a majority there now. That's why he's so desparate to get Barrett confirmed before the election. Worse still from his point of view is that some of his closest allies are up for reelection and several of them are in very close races, much closer than anyone expected.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Big problem for Trump is that the Senate is actually looking likely to change hands this time around. The Democrats only need to turn two extra seats to get a majority there now. That's why he's so desparate to get Barrett confirmed before the election. Worse still from his point of view is that some of his closest allies are up for reelection and several of them are in very close races, much closer than anyone expected.
The Democrats need a net of three seats plus the Presidency or four seats... and they will lose in Alabama... but they are ahead or tied in many races.  If this goes to SCOTUS, the Republicans will win with Barrett on the court.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been listening to Pulitzer prize-winning Presidential biographer Jon Meacham, who described Trump as 'living in a wilderness of mirrors'.
Perfect description.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The series on BBC2 for the last 2 Thursdays has been a good watch, all his old staff don't hold back on what they think of him.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The series on BBC2 for the last 2 Thursdays has been a good watch, all his old staff don't hold back on what they think of him.
Not seen that. I'll have a look.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's called the Trump show Boncey and is on the iplayer

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It's called the Trump show Boncey and is on the iplayer
I'll take a peek. Seems like the last four years has been the Trump show.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is just too funny. He prayed with her then tucked his shirt in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 17 PybWFqm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's close. But on the positive front, Kanye has conceded.
The big question is what will Trump do? Will he somehow manage to stop the count? Will it be months of litigation? He's already claimed victory on the one hand, and then said the election is a fraud on the other.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:It's close. But on the positive front, Kanye has conceded.
The big question is what will Trump do? Will he somehow manage to stop the count? Will it be months of litigation? He's already claimed victory on the one hand, and then said the election is a fraud on the other.
A long way from being over, but the damage has been done.  There are two Americas.  Even with 25,000 lies and 230,000 lives lost, most of America has ignored the facts and science.  They want their freedom even if it means their lives.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Scary times.

Polls always underestimate how many people will actually vote Republican/Tory/Brexit because people lie to pollsters. It seems some of them are too embarrassed to admit how right wing they really are. Rolling Eyes

Bellend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum