Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+21
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
y2johnny
xmiles
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
observer
okocha
wanderlust
sunlight
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
terenceanne
Angry Dad
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 27]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
I'm always surprised to hear how well she puts across her points, but she always seems characterless to me.
Not sure what "character" has to do with it given that the only thing that matters is what she has to say.
Surely you're capable of assessing the validity of her argument without needing her to be a "character" to sell it to you?

If a tramp on the street told you you're about to be run over by an oncoming bus, would you be overly concerned with his personal hygiene or would you just get off the road and ask questions later?
Whats this bollocks about Wander?
Her character would be important to many people, especially youngsters who would be able to relate to her if she was able to show more enthusiasm, rather than just delivering a statement, no matter how effective it is. I think she sometimes comes across as a bit 'cold'.
We all know how much it means to her, but it doesn't always come across visually. 
As for the tramp, I wouldn't give a hoot about his personal hygiene, and would probably give his dog part of my sausage roll, buy an out-of-date copy of the Big Issue, and then climb on the said bus. (Tramps, hygiene, buses, whats going on here?)
So PR and image is the b-all and end-all of politics?
That's not what I said, as you well you know. Its all part of the overall presentation. The idea is to get your argument/position across in the most effective way. We've all had to do presentations where the most important point is to tailor your delivery to the audience you have. We all do it in life, depending on who, where, when , and how we need to.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Another point, how many have referred to Boris's optimistic nature, which helped to sway them, especially from Labour 'strongholds'.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
I'm always surprised to hear how well she puts across her points, but she always seems characterless to me.
Not sure what "character" has to do with it given that the only thing that matters is what she has to say.
Surely you're capable of assessing the validity of her argument without needing her to be a "character" to sell it to you?

If a tramp on the street told you you're about to be run over by an oncoming bus, would you be overly concerned with his personal hygiene or would you just get off the road and ask questions later?
Whats this bollocks about Wander?
Her character would be important to many people, especially youngsters who would be able to relate to her if she was able to show more enthusiasm, rather than just delivering a statement, no matter how effective it is. I think she sometimes comes across as a bit 'cold'.
We all know how much it means to her, but it doesn't always come across visually. 
As for the tramp, I wouldn't give a hoot about his personal hygiene, and would probably give his dog part of my sausage roll, buy an out-of-date copy of the Big Issue, and then climb on the said bus. (Tramps, hygiene, buses, whats going on here?)
So PR and image is the b-all and end-all of politics?
That's not what I said, as you well you know. Its all part of the overall presentation. The idea is to get your argument/position across in the most effective way. We've all had to do presentations where the most important point is to tailor your delivery to the audience you have. We all do it in life, depending on who, where, when , and how we need to.
For a kid of her age and limited experience, I think she gets her message across very effectively to her target audience. Unfortunately that target audience is the converted.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any thoughts on Trump getting the expected acquittal based on party line voting, then crowing about it being a witch hunt and nobody pointing out that his party vetoed the evidence?

Seriously I wonder about who is driving Democrat strategy because they haven't got a f****** clue.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He’ll get his comeuppance one day

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He's turned into an even more arrogant bastard than he was before. You're right about the Democrats though, they don't seem to know their arse from their elbows at the moment. Hopefully, things will change before November.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:He's turned into an even more arrogant bastard than he was before. You're right about the Democrats though, they don't seem to know their arse from their elbows at the moment. Hopefully, things will change before November.
If they put a divisive character like Bernie up, they'll be making the same error Labour did with Corbyn - policies before personalities - which doesn't work in this f***** up ignorant world.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:He's turned into an even more arrogant bastard than he was before. You're right about the Democrats though, they don't seem to know their arse from their elbows at the moment. Hopefully, things will change before November.
If they put a divisive character like Bernie up, they'll be making the same error Labour did with Corbyn - policies before personalities - which doesn't work in this f***** up ignorant world.
Buttigieg drops out of the race for the Democratic nomination so it's looking increasingly like Bernie will get the gig ahead of Biden - typifying the worldwide sweeping trend towards populism and divisive politics with voters getting dragged to the poles in the polls and abandoning centrist politics.

Difficult to see how it will pan out in the presidential election given the weird way in which Americans choose their president. Last time out Hillary Clinton got more votes than Trump - but still "lost", so no predictions from me.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure what they're scared of.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Not sure what they're scared of.
Any chance good old Bill is slightly on the Left  Rolling Eyes

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump v Biden - dementia wars.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 million Americans redundant and making new claims for unemployment benefit in a week.
Trump needs to get real and quick.
And so does Cummings.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He's on the slippery slope, but at the moment we don't know if he's folding under the pressure or is genuinely ill. Time will tell.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:He's on the slippery slope, but at the moment we don't know if he's folding under the pressure or is genuinely ill. Time will tell.
Problem is that he has his finger on the trigger and I find it unnerving that someone with his issues is anywhere near that kind of power.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree, but I'm sure the military would call a halt to any ill thought out shenanigans from him in that respect.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I agree, but I'm sure the military would call a halt to any ill thought out shenanigans from him in that respect.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you see the UFO film released by the Pentagon? If they land, and ask 'Take us to your leader' they won't be able to fly home for laughing.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked
Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 4 296vnasgzly41

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum