Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 48]

261Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Aug 24 2020, 23:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I doubt anybody other than me is interested but something is clearly happening in terms of new cases in Windsor an Maidenhead.

Now we are talking about where the Queen lives, Eton School, the Thames rolling through Royal Berkshire countryside, Royal Ascot where the Derby is run (I went watching it once but it wasn't my thing) and even home to people like Gary Linaker!

It's jumped up to 25th place (out of 315) on a seven day rolling average ahead of such places as Preston 26th, Bolton 35th, Slough 62nd.

The new cases are being reported daily over the last week as 4,4,3,5,4,3 and 10 today - so not as though it is a spike from a factory unit or something and it isn't an area where there is a large Asian community spreading it in family units.

I'm wondering if perhaps an issue with the army barracks in Windsor perhaps, I can see that being kept out of the papers if there is - but something is defiantly happening - as recently as last month they were hardly getting any positives at all and were down in 273rd place!

Keep safe anybody visiting the area.
I used to stay in Maidenhead 4 nights a week for a couple of years when i was commuting to work in Ascot and it was a meat market every night as was Windsor. 
Maidenhead had clubs, pubs, eateries, the Honeypot strip club and a Spoons which was pretty busy at 8 am selling liquid breakfasts. 
Not at all surprised TBH.

262Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 00:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I doubt anybody other than me is interested but something is clearly happening in terms of new cases in Windsor an Maidenhead.

Now we are talking about where the Queen lives, Eton School, the Thames rolling through Royal Berkshire countryside, Royal Ascot where the Derby is run (I went watching it once but it wasn't my thing) and even home to people like Gary Linaker!

It's jumped up to 25th place (out of 315) on a seven day rolling average ahead of such places as Preston 26th, Bolton 35th, Slough 62nd.

The new cases are being reported daily over the last week as 4,4,3,5,4,3 and 10 today - so not as though it is a spike from a factory unit or something and it isn't an area where there is a large Asian community spreading it in family units.

I'm wondering if perhaps an issue with the army barracks in Windsor perhaps, I can see that being kept out of the papers if there is - but something is defiantly happening - as recently as last month they were hardly getting any positives at all and were down in 273rd place!

Keep safe anybody visiting the area.
I used to stay in Maidenhead 4 nights a week for a couple of years when i was commuting to work in Ascot and it was a meat market every night as was Windsor. 
Maidenhead had clubs, pubs, eateries, the Honeypot strip club and a Spoons which was pretty busy at 8 am selling liquid breakfasts. 
Not at all surprised TBH.

Christ you know friggin everything don't you!!!

I live in the area and have done for over twenty years and it's absolutely nothing like how you describe it!

Both Windsor and Maidenhead are just normal small suburban commuter towns with basically one main high street in each where the pubs and clubs are - no different than anywhere else really - and London is the big draw for those wanting a good night out, just down the road or by train.

I'm pleased you are not surprised but I guess what probably would surprise you then is that for the whole of June, Windsor and Maidenhead combined had a total of just 20 positive results, in July, 21 positives and 15 for the first two weeks in August.

In the last ten days though they've had 38.

Fwiw Windsor and Maidenhead have been consistently ranked in the bottom half of ALL English authorities for new cases from the 1st June until this last week!!!

But as always you think you know better.

Rolling Eyes

263Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 10:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The battle of the egos continues unabated Sad

264Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 10:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I live in the area and have done for over twenty years and it's absolutely nothing like how you describe it!

Both Windsor and Maidenhead are just normal small suburban commuter towns with basically one main high street in each where the pubs and clubs are - no different than anywhere else really - and London is the big draw for those wanting a good night out, just down the road or by train.

I'm pleased you are not surprised but I guess what probably would surprise you then is that for the whole of June, Windsor and Maidenhead combined had a total of just 20 positive results, in July, 21 positives and 15 for the first two weeks in August.

Fwiw Windsor and Maidenhead have been consistently ranked in the bottom half of ALL English authorities for new cases from the 1st June until this last week!!!

Rolling Eyes
Might be worth a visit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4439324/Mother-police-officer-quits-job-LAPDANCER.html

265Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 11:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Rolling Eyes
I'm not suggesting I "know better" than anyone - simply reporting my personal experience of the places - which was exactly how I described it.

266Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I'm not suggesting I "know better" than anyone - simply reporting my personal experience of the places - which was exactly how I described it.

In that case then your personal experiences of the places have little resemblance to reality at all in the last twenty years.

If you had been referring to Slough and/or Reading (both of which have reordered far more positive weekly cases since the beginning of June) I perhaps could have understood your comments but certainly not for Windsor or Maidenhead.

Indeed Saturday was the very first time Windsor and Maidenhead's average actually overtook Slough's in all the time I've found access to lower tier authority council information on positive cases!

267Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:The battle of the egos continues unabated Sad

I'm sure you are correct about it being ego from one side but from my side it's simply stating the actual facts!

268Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 13:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Rolling Eyes

269Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm sure you are correct about it being ego from one side but from my side it's simply stating the actual facts!

270Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 13:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Pretty much every time I visit Nuts there is some sort of conflict going on. It’s such a shame because it really doesn’t encourage visitors to contribute to what was once a fun site.

Have a think about it chaps. Instead of mercilessly having a go at each other try biting your tongue occasionally. Take the higher ground every now and then.

271Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 13:56

finlaymcdanger wrote:Pretty much every time I visit Nuts there is some sort of conflict going on. It’s such a shame because it really doesn’t encourage visitors to contribute to what was once a fun site.

Have a think about it chaps. Instead of mercilessly having a go at each other try biting your tongue occasionally. Take the higher ground every now and then.
View user profile Send private message

What is the disagreement even about? The makeup of Maidenhead's high street? We're in Partridge territory now.

272Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Realistic self-awareness seriously lacking......If the cap fits.....

273Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Pretty much every time I visit Nuts there is some sort of conflict going on. It’s such a shame because it really doesn’t encourage visitors to contribute to what was once a fun site.

:agree: :clap:

274Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:What is the disagreement even about? The makeup of Maidenhead's high street? We're in Partridge territory now.

No the disagreement was another intended dig at me and an attempted put down of where I live.

It was done deliberately and on purpose with the clear intent of getting a response.

It's blatantly clear what he's doing.

And I'm getting sick of it now.

(Fwiw I find Partridge quite funny!)

275Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think he was having a go at the area you live Sluffy. Just saying how he saw it during his visits there.
Not everyone is agreed on Maidenhead.

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/maidenhead-maidendead.html

I should add that I've been to Maidenhead, and found it charming.

276Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Don't think he was having a go at the area you live Sluffy. Just saying how he saw it during his visits there.
Not everyone is agreed on Maidenhead.

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/maidenhead-maidendead.html

I should add that I've been to Maidenhead, and found it charming.

You can find someone not liking anywhere if you search for it.

He says he was there for two years, well if he was then that must be twenty or more years ago because it's been nothing like that whilst I've lived here.

I certainly didn't appreciate his little 'barb' at the end - not only wrong but clearly opinionated rather than anything factual - if it was the case the daily stats on the virus would have clearly shown that - and they don't until this week.

I don't mind opinions but I'm certainly not here to be trolled.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:00; edited 1 time in total

277Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You can find someone not liking anywhere if you search for it.

I doubt it. I've never heard a bad word about Preston.

278Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:04

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I doubt it. I've never heard a bad word about Preston.

I have.

279Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

No the disagreement was another intended dig at me and an attempted put down of where I live.

It was done deliberately and on purpose with the clear intent of getting a response.

It's blatantly clear what he's doing.
Wow. 
FWIW I had a great time in Maidenhead, I like the area and one of my old mates lives still there. My recollections of the town have absolutely fuck all to do with you. I doubt you even been in Smokey's or been flashed by the Estonian birds in the Honeypot whilst standing outside Spoons. 
Fun town, real mix of people from all walks of life, good social scene. 
Totally not interested in arguing with you - especially over figments of your imagination so please stop trying to create foundless disputes.

280Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

What is the disagreement even about? The makeup of Maidenhead's high street? We're in Partridge territory now.
Alan Partridge was based in NORFOLK, just like one of our famed contributors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum