Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 26]

721Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Jan 07 2021, 17:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
For NORPIG's attention.

Are you aware of this?

Two more life-saving Covid drugs discovered

The UK government is working closely with the manufacturer, to ensure the drugs - tocilizumab and sarilumab - continue to be available to UK patients.

More about it here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55574662

722Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Jan 07 2021, 18:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes i was aware of Tocilizumab as we have been a trial centre so have been using it. Not used Sarilumab as yet but won't be far off i bet.

723Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Jan 07 2021, 20:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Exciting times ahead!

724Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 09:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 ErMwjBFXMAUdq-o?format=jpg&name=900x900

725Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 10:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did anyone bother clapping again last night?

726Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 10:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Did anyone bother clapping again last night?
nope

727Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 10:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@karlypants wrote:Did anyone bother clapping again last night?

No.

728Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 10:26

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No one here turned out, KP

729Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 10:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Its an empty gesture, NHS staff would prefer to have proper PPE and adequate staffing levels to cope with the current situation than all their neighbours clapping them.

730Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 10:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@Norpig wrote:Its an empty gesture, NHS staff would prefer to have proper PPE and adequate staffing levels to cope with the current situation than all their neighbours clapping them.

:agree:

731Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 11:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just booked in for my first Pfizer Covid jab on Sunday, wish me luck  Very Happy

732Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 11:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hopefully you suffer no side effects like poor Margaret.

733Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 11:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Hopefully you suffer no side effects like poor Margaret.

Laughing

734Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 15:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Unfortunately some police are idiots. Derbyshire seem to have a track record for being over zealous and refusing to use common sense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

735Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 15:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Apparently 1 in 30 Londoners have Covid now  Shocked

Sadiq Khan has classed it as major incident.

I do agree about the Derbyshire Police xmiles, seemed way over the top! Trouble is there is no guidelines on how far you can travel to exercise, is 5 miles too much?

736Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 16:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I think most people would agree that 5 miles is "local" though.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't drive more (including return) than you exercise. That doesn't seem unreasonable as people are presumably driving to quiet spots for walks or runs.

737Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 16:53

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

738Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 17:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Apparently 1 in 30 Londoners have Covid now  Shocked

Sadiq Khan has classed it as major incident.

I do agree about the Derbyshire Police xmiles, seemed way over the top! Trouble is there is no guidelines on how far you can travel to exercise, is 5 miles too much?
Why do they have to drive anywhere to walk? Just step out of your front door and put one foot in front of the other.

739Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 17:24

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is how presidents used to be!

740Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 17:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@boltonbonce wrote:
Why do they have to drive anywhere to walk? Just step out of your front door and put one foot in front of the other.

I do walk in built up areas and the countryside. The latter is far more enjoyable and better for your health.

741Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 18:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I've been doing a load more walking since Covid struck and being of a certain age and health I've had to improvise my walks to avoid being around as many people as I can which leads to all sorts of counterintuitive stuff.

For instance during the original lockdown the obvious places to go for a walk are the local parks or scenic areas - but everyone else do the same, so those became the areas I would tend to avoid and instead used to wander around the commercial districts and town centres instead because the office workers were working from home and virtually all the shops were shut, which meant there was hardly anyone around.

Similarly in summer, where my daughter lives is just off the Thames and a nice stroll to go and visit her would be along the Thames footpath but of course everyone else were out on their walks themselves and thus it was rammed with people, cyclists, joggers and everybody else enjoying the sunshine and the views.  I actually found that walking down the main residential streets running parallel to the river, there were far fewer people about and thus less potentially hazardous to my health.

In the winter months I found a late evening walks in the dark and cold in the local parks to be the place where most sensible people won't be found although you need to avoid the car park areas where the local youth are parked up in their hired BMW's smoking their weed which you can actually smell from quite a distance on the wind.

I'm not an antisocial person by nature but needs most and until I have both of my jabs I'll stay away from the crowd on my little walks the best I can.

As for the two ladies above, we only have their side of the story.  

Would people's view of the police action change if they had been caught doing this a number of times previously and asked not to - but ignored the warnings and persisted never the less?

Just a thought.

742Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 20:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:I've been doing a load more walking since Covid struck and being of a certain age and health I've had to improvise my walks to avoid being around as many people as I can which leads to all sorts of counterintuitive stuff.

For instance during the original lockdown the obvious places to go for a walk are the local parks or scenic areas - but everyone else do the same, so those became the areas I would tend to avoid and instead used to wander around the commercial districts and town centres instead because the office workers were working from home and virtually all the shops were shut, which meant there was hardly anyone around.

Similarly in summer, where my daughter lives is just off the Thames and a nice stroll to go and visit her would be along the Thames footpath but of course everyone else were out on their walks themselves and thus it was rammed with people, cyclists, joggers and everybody else enjoying the sunshine and the views.  I actually found that walking down the main residential streets running parallel to the river, there were far fewer people about and thus less potentially hazardous to my health.

In the winter months I found a late evening walks in the dark and cold in the local parks to be the place where most sensible people won't be found although you need to avoid the car park areas where the local youth are parked up in their hired BMW's smoking their weed which you can actually smell from quite a distance on the wind.

I'm not an antisocial person by nature but needs most and until I have both of my jabs I'll stay away from the crowd on my little walks the best I can.

As for the two ladies above, we only have their side of the story.  

Would people's view of the police action change if they had been caught doing this a number of times previously and asked not to - but ignored the warnings and persisted never the less?

Just a thought.
Pretty lucky here, in that we have some really nice walks on our doorstep. Croft is always nice for a stroll, and is quiet at the best of times, but the village is quieter still at the moment.
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 3354951_4f768c0d

743Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Jan 08 2021, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Also a bit worried about the bloke in Lady Lane. He says he's planting potatoes. Shocked
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 6059370_dd5708df

744Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jan 09 2021, 09:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Derbyshire police actually read national guidelines and back down:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55594244

745Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sun Jan 10 2021, 13:48

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Anyone know what the attitude of Jehova's Witnesses is to Covid vaccinations?
Should they be forced to help the country?

746Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sun Jan 10 2021, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just had mine and nothing has fell off yet  Very Happy

747Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sun Jan 10 2021, 16:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Which one did you have?

748Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sun Jan 10 2021, 19:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Which one did you have?
The Pfizer one, second dose is the end of March.

749Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:06

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
With Boris Johnson spotted cycling in the Olympic Park on Sunday and now visiting Bristol today, it seems that everybody must stay at home apart from Boris who accuses the public of complacency!

750Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jan 12 2021, 12:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Over 93000 deaths with Covid on the death certificate apparently - somewhat different from the announced figures which only include those who die within 28 days of contracting it and as we know, it can take months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum