Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs

+6
Keegan
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 17:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

REISS GREENIDGE is the latest player to join Ian Evatt’s Bolton Wanderers revolution after signing a two-year deal at the University of Bolton Stadium, subject to international clearance.

The 6ft 6in tall left sided defender becomes the Wanderers’ Head Coach’s tenth new signing of the summer following in the footsteps of Eoin Doyle, Antoni Sarcevic, George Taft, Brandon Comley, Tom White, Liam Gordon, Billy Crellin, Ricardo Santos and Gethin Jones.

Greenidge started his career with Arsenal and continued his football development with West Brom as a youth player in 2014.

Whilst at The Hawthorns he had a loan spell with Port Vale before moving on to Ebbsfleet United where he had two loan spells with Hemel Hempstead Town.

In 2017, the 23 year-old joined Norwegian top flight outfit Sogndal and then moved to fellow Norwegian side Arendal in 2019 where he made 19 league appearances, netting one goal.

He was also called up into the Guyana national squad in 2019.

Commenting on his move to the University of Bolton Stadium, Greenidge told bwfc.co.uk: “I remember Bolton when they had players like Jay Jay Okocha, El Hadji Diouf and Kevin Nolan and I’m ecstatic to be here.

”I’ve been training with the lads for a couple of weeks and I cannot wait to get going.“

Wanderers Head Coach, Ian Evatt, added: “We are delighted to have Reiss on board with us. He has been in with us since the start of pre-season after spending four years in Norway.

“He is 6ft 6ins tall, lightning quick and has an exceptional football education, being from the Arsenal and West Brom academies.

“We are excited to have him.”

2OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 18:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 18:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another giant!

4OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 18:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never heard of him.

5OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 18:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neither have I but I can’t remember the last time we were this busy snapping players up.

I’m rather enjoying it!

6OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 18:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Neither have I but I can’t remember the last time we were this busy snapping players up.

I’m rather enjoying it!

It's quality KP, not quantity.

7OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 20:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Another giant!
Yes Norpig but looking at the clips a giant who can play.

8OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 20:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

However you look at it, they've all been impressed by the sales pitch given by the manager. He's already installing confidence by the sounds of things, and I like the idea of a 6 footers throughout the team. having said that was not Zat Knight over 6 feet? Very Happy

9OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 20:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:However you look at it, they've all been impressed by the sales pitch given by the manager. He's already installing confidence by the sounds of things, and I like the idea of a 6 footers throughout the team. having said that was not Zat Knight over 6 feet? Very Happy
He could barely manage the two he had.

10OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 20:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:
He could barely manage the two he had.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

11OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 21:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I wouldn't want to face our back line this season. Land of the Giants!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Tue Aug 04 2020, 22:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

ItYi Looks like we are ready to defend plenty of hoofball. Which actually makes some sense.
Now if we can keep it on the ground as promised we might be going in the right direction.
Looking forward to it now :clap:

13OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Wed Aug 05 2020, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Three 6 foot 6 central defenders in our team, won't be much long play against us either this season. Lets hope they can play a bit as well.

Think we need another striker and maybe an experienced keeper and then we should be ok i reckon.

14OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Wed Aug 05 2020, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Both Taft and Greenidge are left sided giants though which is why I was hoping for Manny O but hopefully Gethin will do a decent job on the right as he will probably be targeted for any high balls/set pieces. Curious to see how Evatt sets them up.

15OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Wed Aug 05 2020, 12:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I presume it will be Taft, Greenidge and Santos as the 3 CB's and Jones and Gordon as the wing backs?

16OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Wed Aug 05 2020, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I presume it will be Taft, Greenidge and Santos as the 3 CB's and Jones and Gordon as the wing backs?
You'd think so, but which will play on the right of the 3?

17OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Wed Aug 05 2020, 22:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

18OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Reiss Greenidge signs Wed Aug 05 2020, 23:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"I'm 100% confident I can succeed at this level"

I'm 100% confident that's why you were signed. Just deliver please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum