Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Year new Norpig

+12
Sluffy
wanderlust
okocha
observer
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

61New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
My mate Dale can give him some good advice. :bomb:
Thought they'd canned Supermarket Sweep?

62New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Very Happy It's still going. Presented by that bearded bloke with the Red Rum gnashers.

63New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 13:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
My mate Dale can give him some good advice. :bomb:
Still going. It has that annoying Rylan Clark on it now.

64New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Have you made any health changes yet Mr. Pig? 

Cut all booze out and added more healthy foods into your diet?

Mrs Pig is going to be managing me very closely from now on. She's bought about 10 low fat or healthy eating cookbooks so i'll be eating from them for the foreseeable future. I don't drink too much to be honest and i'm probably right on the 14 unit weekly limit.

I've been told by the boss i have to eat more fruit and eat less processed food and bread. I've also started on probiotics and one of those cholesterol reducing yoghurt drinks. I'm going to need to start exercising more as well.

Going for more tests at the GP tomorrow so will hopefully know more in a couple of weeks.

Give it 6 months and i'll definitely be a new Norpig  Very Happy

65New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Giving up bread has sorted my knee out. I was sceptical at first, but the proof of the pudding...........

I really miss my sandwiches, but being pain free makes it worth it. I can now get out of the bath without the emergency services being involved.
And because bread holds water, I'm steadily losing the pounds as well.
I'll be back to cossack dancing in no time.

66New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Giving up bread has sorted my knee out. I was sceptical at first, but the proof of the pudding...........

I really miss my sandwiches, but being pain free makes it worth it. I can now get out of the bath without the emergency services being involved.
Don't tell me that Boncey i'm addicted to bread!  Crying or Very sad

67New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can i still eat brown and all the grain/seeded/wholemeal breads? Not sure i could give up all together!

68New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Can i still eat brown and all the grain/seeded/wholemeal breads? Not sure i could give up all together!
I would cut it all out and look for a more healthier alternative for a filler. 

My Mrs got me on to the Keto diet to lose some weight as she does it on and off and I’ve dropped another 1.4lbs on my second weigh in so in total I’ve lost just shy of 3 kilos in 2 weeks which I don’t think is bad going so far.

That’s from removing booze, carbs and sugar whilst sitting on my arse at my desk or sat doing the home schooling. 

I will take up jogging again once the weather picks up a bit. 

It’s mind over matter Norpig and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I’m starting to feel better than normal.

69New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree KP. I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy chips without bread, but I'm actually enjoying them more. I can actually taste them.
Get pain free, lose a few pounds, and you'll be amazed at how positive you become. Healthy body, healthy mind.

70New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Mrs Pig is thinking the same unfortunately. You'll soon see me hanging around outside bakers looking wistfully at the bread on offer  Laughing

71New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Nuts fitness club.
New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47944e3a7b32d3d2b210523e589b6844dd1bbbe2bc&rid=giphy

72New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

73New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we get fit we should try this. 
See you in A&E.

74New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:

My Mrs got me on to the Keto diet to lose some weight as she does it on and off and I’ve dropped another 1.4lbs on my second weigh in so in total I’ve lost just shy of 3 kilos in 2 weeks which I don’t think is bad going so far.

That’s from removing booze, carbs and sugar whilst sitting on my arse at my desk or sat doing the home schooling. 

It’s mind over matter Norpig and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I’m starting to feel better than normal.

A few years ago I went on the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. It really works. I managed to lose two stone and keep it off. The only drawback with any diet is that you need to stay on it otherwise the weight just goes straight back on.

This is the only diet I have ever tried as I know I wouldn't be able to stick to a diet that permanently excluded certain foods. Giving up sugar and booze is always going to help - not that I have given up booze - and reducing carbs is also good.

Hope your diet works for you but if it doesn't you might find the 5:2 diet does.

75New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I may be sticking my head in the sand but i don't think i'm that fat, i think it's just more a not very healthy diet and not exercising as much as i used to that has led to this. I have put weight on over lockdown but not loads. Still need to pull my finger out and make some changes though!

76New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Giving up bread has sorted my knee out. I was sceptical at first, but the proof of the pudding...........

Why would eating bread effect someone's knee??

Doesn't make sense to me, although I've no knowledge about such things.

To my mind it could only be for one of two reasons, either it's a placebo effect, or there's something in the bread that irritates/aggravates something in or around your knee.

Where I'm going with this is maybe if you played about with making your own bread, or know a baker who would do it for you, and changed or substituted one ingredient every time then maybe you could isolate what is causing your knee problem and thus still be able to enjoy bread again in future as long as that particular ingredient is not present in the loaf?

Just a thought.

77New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It appears to be gluten that's causing the problems. I've tried gluten free bread but I didn't like it, so it's a bread free diet at the moment. So far, so good.

78New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Why would eating bread effect someone's knee??

Doesn't make sense to me, although I've no knowledge about such things.

To my mind it could only be for one of two reasons, either it's a placebo effect, or there's something in the bread that irritates/aggravates something in or around your knee.

Where I'm going with this is maybe if you played about with making your own bread, or know a baker who would do it for you, and changed or substituted one ingredient every time then maybe you could isolate what is causing your knee problem and thus still be able to enjoy bread again in future as long as that particular ingredient is not present in the loaf?

Just a thought.

So is following a muck cart thinking its a wedding. Mind you, you could follow the ST's clean shavin man into the the glorious uplands of Fantasyland (or Goon Island).

79New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 23:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
karlypants wrote:

A few years ago I went on the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. It really works. I managed to lose two stone and keep it off. The only drawback with any diet is that you need to stay on it otherwise the weight just goes straight back on.

This is the only diet I have ever tried as I know I wouldn't be able to stick to a diet that permanently excluded certain foods. Giving up sugar and booze is always going to help - not that I have given up booze - and reducing carbs is also good.

Hope your diet works for you but if it doesn't you might find the 5:2 diet does.

Funnily enough, the Mrs is now doing the intermittent fasting which seems to be a popular one with sticking to the keto foods.

God knows how she does it as I'm sure she has only had one substatial meal today and I think that was around 1:30pm.

This is something that I can't do for sure (or perhaps not yet) but the Keto way so far is proving to be good for me as I have put on quite a bit of weight since the first lockdown last March due to the usual snacking on the usual culprits like crisps and chocolate, plenty of takeaways etc along with more booze than normal due to the circumstances that we have been going through.

The key really is that if the food portions are balanced right and eating the right foods like I'm trying to do, I have been feeling fuller for longer so I haven't been interested in going for the sweet stuff although I am permitted to have some fruit such as strawberries and blueberries due to less sugar content than most other fruit.

80New Year new Norpig - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 23:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I may be sticking my head in the sand but i don't think i'm that fat, i think it's just more a not very healthy diet and not exercising as much as i used to that has led to this. I have put weight on over lockdown but not loads. Still need to pull my finger out and make some changes though!

The best thing you can do is dust off the scales and get on them and check your weight to height ratio for the BMI and ask the Mrs her truthful opinion.

You could do with doing it with your Mrs (not saying she's fat before someone jumps on me! Very Happy ) which makes it easier to stick to it if you have someone doing it with you.

I probably wouldn't have started dry Jan if it wasn't for a mate of mine who was doing it and also does a lot of fitness and what not and egged me on.

You will feel like a new Norpig after you have started!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum