Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bullshit Papers

+6
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

41The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Nov 04 2021, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Came across this little article today. I don't think it qualifies as bullshit but it is nice to know that HMRC aren't spending all their time pursuing football's small fry.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-newcastle-tax-investigation-24639953

Can anyone guess how many of England's Euro 2020 'heroes' have companies set up to avoid income tax?

42The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 05 2021, 07:59

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Here's a bit of visual bullshit for you today. Its none other than bigshot Deano whose just landed a half share of BWFC for 50P, saddled it with an unaffordable debt at a 28% interest rate and is introducing himself to BWFC staff as their new boss on £240K p.a (or was it £250K?)

Thumbs up beats thumbs down 43-1. No No No No No

43The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Nov 06 2021, 08:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hope you all enjoyed yesterday's bullshit serving. You have to hand it to Deano with his Sports Shield 1 numbered shirt. GSOH for sure. £1 was the total amount of the paid up capital of Sports Shield BWFC Ltd.

Anyway here's another tasty helping. 110 thumbs up and 5 down for this one and some lovely comments.

I don't know what gets into some folk. Just look at what Horwich Lad had to say.

44The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 09 2021, 10:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nice to see that The Bullshit Papers has now topped 700 views. Should I be bothered that
bullshit lovers hate it or boycott it?

I was having a root round Companies House yesterday. A couple of companies caught my eye. I'll say nothing about the second for now but the first went by the name of Dubai Citi Group Ltd.

It sounds impressive, doesn't it just? Actually its the latest company formed (September 2021) by Dean Holdsworth. It has just one director (Deano) and a share capital of one pound.

45The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 09 2021, 19:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s certainly an improvement on the Dale Vince updates Smile

46The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Nov 09 2021, 23:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It’s certainly an improvement on the Dale Vince updates Smile
Is it really? I'm not at all sure about that. Holdsworth and Vince might be different personalities but aren't they both bullshitters and didn't the Beeno give support and encouragement to both?

Didn't Vince threaten to liquidate BWFC on the pretext that he was conned by Anderson when anyone with the acumen of a gnat knew that Anderson could only complete the purchase of Doidge if he got some new money from somewhere?

As for Holdsworth, did he not go round the club's staff pretending that he was the saviour who was going to lead them to the  promised land with his unmentioned 50P 'investment'?

47The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 12 2021, 09:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm very sorry folks but this little video has to have its place in the Bullshit Papers. No-one does bullshit quite like Big Sam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOio0zqj8nI&list=RDCMUC6oTkDRXLR6GO53l44i0LFw&start_radio=1

Quite a coincidence that it surfaced on the same day I discovered a document in my records that I hadn't seen since 2004. It's a letter from the Inland Revenue in Bolton confirming that my shares in Burnden Leisure were worthless and that I could deduct the cost of them from any future capital gains.

I'll spare you the detail.

48The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 17 2021, 13:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Would anyone like to know how to create extra concentrated bullshit without involving any bovines?

Its simple. Just put Marc Iles and Dean Holdsworth together and hey presto it works a treat.

Here's Mr 50P in conversation with the 'esteemed one' in June 2016 expounding on how:

'The ownership remains hard at work righting the wrongs of the previous regime'

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14555682.future-for-bolton-wanderers-is-bright-under-stable-new-boss-phil-parkinson-says-dean-holdsworth/

49The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 17 2021, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bob with the greatest of respect this is all old news and we need to move on now.

50The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Nov 17 2021, 13:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Ten Bob with the greatest of respect this is all old news and we need to move on now.
It would be a cause for celebration if 'the esteemed one' was 'old news', Mr Pig, but he isn't, is he?

COVID might have caused a few material supply issues for some manufacturers but there's never been any problem getting all the bullshit you could want from the Iles stable.

51The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Nov 18 2021, 09:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not a lot doing on Nuts but Matrixman commenting in the Beeno says:

'the club is being run on fresh air at the moment.......

I fear Dapo will be sold sometime soon to fund running costs at the stadium and if we do get to stay in this league without any relegation fight then yes I agree there will be a feeling of relief but this should not be the Bolton way and should never be tonight I did not see any fight no throwing themselves at the ball I don't see why try to play like Real Madrid when the quality is not there it's all smoke and mirrors behind the scenes at Bolton it's obvious when you stand back two steps I admire all the fans who went there tonight for their support and belief shame their belief is built on rainbows that Sharon is carefully building as she has seen how the bolton lads and lasses can turn and if she had any bottle she would even address the fans to tell them that all the debts are not paid my neighbours employers are owed £10k I've offered to buy that debt out from them so sharon is then in debt to me ! And I'd probably go on to buy more out to increase the position on Sharon to be beholden to me !'

Bullshit or not bullshit?

Does anyone else think that 'the club is being run on fresh air'?

Meanwhile over on that site that Okocha claims he's never heard of, one of its most frequent posters claims:

surely that's bollocks about the debt being brought down whilst he (BSA) was here. A lot of our problems came from the contracts given out to his squad.

Debate.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Nov 19 2021, 08:37; edited 1 time in total

52The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 19 2021, 08:31

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No takers then? No-one ready to take a look at how much the debt and wage commitments increased whilst BSA was BWFC manager, despite his ludicrous claims last week?

53The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 19 2021, 08:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6tbumcylx3acge261vkqo2pr8sl7lcoorosxn61uy&rid=200

54The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 19 2021, 09:17

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6tbumcylx3acge261vkqo2pr8sl7lcoorosxn61uy&rid=200
I'm not sure that Sleepy Joe's the best person to tell us to look to the future, Mr Pig, but remind me how many folk turned up at the Unibol last week to look to the past (or an idealised version of it).

55The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 19 2021, 09:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia for the good old days Ten Bob. I know you have a big interest in all the financial side of things but most of us on here don't. 

Your post on the current state of things is of more interest to me, i don't need to be reminded about our past money issues. it was bad enough at the time so don't want to keep reliving it to be honest.

56The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 19 2021, 09:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia for the good old days Ten Bob. I know you have a big interest in all the financial side of things but most of us on here don't. 

Your post on the current state of things is of more interest to me, i don't need to be reminded about our past money issues. it was bad enough at the time so don't want to keep reliving it to be honest.
I do keep having a look from time to time to try to see where Sharon's money has come from. She has a lot of directorships but most of 'em don't seem to amount to much and I never believed that this often referred to 'line of credit' idea amounted to much either.

Has Sharon put in any more than her £1.25m share capital? That's not very much at all but I'm not sure that she has and I can't blame her if she hasn't.

I'm afraid that I'm not perceiving any viable long-term plan. More a continuation of financial constraints until someone appears with more money than they need or know what to do with.

57The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Nov 19 2021, 21:59

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia for the good old days Ten Bob. I know you have a big interest in all the financial side of things but most of us on here don't. 

Anyway Mr Pig its not quite so much about finance as it is about bullshit. Its about how Bolton supporters have been fed bullshit for years, how they fell for it in their thousands and are still falling for it. Its quite a rarity for someone on WW to question any of it.

58The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Nov 20 2021, 08:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Today's bullshit comes from none other than Super Kevin Davies. No Kevin you don't know all the facts but don't let that stop you.
Code:
<blockquote
 class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Obviously I do
not know all the facts but it looks like Mr James saw an opportunity to
make money from the club when it was in turmoil by doing a deal with his
 good mate Mr Gartside for the offices/car park on prime retail land
knowing the Middlebrook owner was also interested</p>—
Kevin Davies (@Kevin__Davies) <a
href="https://twitter.com/Kevin__Davies/status/1142022845133938688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June
 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>

59The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Nov 20 2021, 09:34

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

None of us know all the facts about the finances of the club but if James saw a business opportunity which also helped save the club then fair play to him. As long as the owners can make enough money to service the debts, then all well and good but it isn’t going to improve us going forward unless someone is prepared to actually invest in the squad. Limping along and hoping IE picks up a few bargains we can sell on doesn’t seem much for us as fans to look forward to in my opinion and although we all accept the need to run the club “sustainably” there is still a need for owners to understand and be prepared to invest in some quality players, which currently we don’t possess. We don’t need to pay big transfer fees but if we can’t even match the wages of the likes of Stockport, Wrexham and Wigan, then however we’ll they appear to have done, I’d question whether our owners are the right ones to be running our club?

60The Bullshit Papers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Nov 20 2021, 09:43

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:None of us know all the facts about the finances of the club but if James saw a business opportunity which also helped save the club then fair play to him. As long as the owners can make enough money to service the debts, then all well and good but it isn’t going to improve us going forward unless someone is prepared to actually invest in the squad. Limping along and hoping IE picks up a few bargains we can sell on doesn’t seem much for us as fans to look forward to in my opinion and although we all accept the need to run the club “sustainably” there is still a need for owners to understand and be prepared to invest in some quality players, which currently we don’t possess. We don’t need to pay big transfer fees but if we can’t even match the wages of the likes of Stockport, Wrexham and Wigan, then however we’ll they appear to have done, I’d question whether our owners are the right ones to be running our club?
We don't know all the facts but we do know when spoilt, spiteful and clueless individuals are talking out of their rear ends. The context was Micheal James finding money to pay office staff wages in 2019 whilst trying to put together a deal with Sharon Brittan to ensure the survival of the club AGAIN.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum