Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bullshit Papers

+6
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

161The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Wed Dec 15 2021, 22:33

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Been busy working today. A freebie comme d'habitude but Lady B and I have been watching Impeachment tonight.

I get why Monica Lewinsky was economical with the actualite over Bill Clinton. It was a big deal with big repercussions but why would a moderator on TW be so ready and willing to resort to dishonesty and deceit over summat like someone on t'internet asking DSB a question?

162The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 09:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Someone (Sharon most likely) may well have borrowed money (and we are probably talking in the millions) but it seems highly unlikely that she could afford to pay it back anytime soon if at all - so who would she borrow it from?

Is there a rich Mr Sharon somewhere in the background somewhere perhaps, or Mr Pink Floyd drummer, Nick Mason, or even EDT in respect of Eddie's legacy perhaps?

Who knows but it does seem most likely that if any money has gone into the club - and it looks as though it has to get the Covid loans - its gone in via Sharon, whether that be from her own little piggybank or someone else's.

As for the views on threads (particularly threads that aren't new or newish), I really wouldn't trust them to be real people reading them but the vast number of them will simply be search bots - that's how the internet works.

Enjoy your day with whatever it is you are going to be busy with.
I'd rule out EDT, Sluffy. Put yourself in Sue Davies' shoes. What happened to Eddie after he'd spent c£200m keeping the club afloat for the last nineteen years of his life only to be slagged off by the local rag, the Supporters Trust and the former manager that Eddie had made into a multi-millionaire?

As for inviting Allardyce back to celebrate his golden years, when none of it would have happened without Eddie's support and money, words fail me but I can't help wonder what Mike James might have thought. Mike James was one of the club's principle saviours and he gets slagged off by Kevin Davies for his trouble.

You couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

163The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 12:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I'd rule out EDT, Sluffy. Put yourself in Sue Davies' shoes. What happened to Eddie after he'd spent c£200m keeping the club afloat for the last nineteen years of his life only to be slagged off by the local rag, the Supporters Trust and the former manager that Eddie had made into a multi-millionaire?

As for inviting Allardyce back to celebrate his golden years, when none of it would have happened without Eddie's support and money, words fail me but I can't help wonder what Mike James might have thought. Mike James was one of the club's principle saviours and he gets slagged off by Kevin Davies for his trouble.

You couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't really serious at all about EDT being the funder but was trying to show what few options there seemed to me to be out there.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of a Mr Sharon, so he's an unlikely funder either.

Mason could afford it by all accounts and has a long relationship with Sharon but whoever it is doesn't seem to mind not getting it back for a long time if ever.

There is no obvious signs of financial distress at the club or hotel so I can only imagine there is some personal sugar daddy (in the nicest way) backing Sharon.

The saying never look a gift horse springs to my mind!

As for Allardyce, Davies etc, they seem to be bitter in some way.

I think if I had been made a multi millionaire just because I'm quite good at kicking a ball, or managing those that do (or both) then I'd count my blessings for such an easy and privileged life and move on without harbouring any bitterness and resentment from it.

Some people clearly don't know how fortunate they have been.

164The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 12:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you haven't seen this, its time you did.

165The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 14:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:If you haven't seen this, its time you did.

Thanks Bob, I hadn't seen this before and am finding it very interesting to listen to.

So much in fact that I've had to pause the video to make a note of something Sharon has just said namely at the time of the recording there were five investors in the club. (33mins 20secs)

Sharon obviously, Mike James is just being spoken about, I assume PBP and Luckock but who else?

I'll listen further and may have to come back to amend this.

The other interesting bit is the interviewer Jason (who is he) was professionally involved in the Administration as an insolvency practitioner and has been employed by Sharon ever since. I'm guessing he works for Cowgills?

166The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 14:45

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's Jason Elliott (JME) from Cowgills.

If you remember, it was JME that broke the news of a 'done deal' before it had been signed off by KA's legal team.

Its possible that JME was the lead person in getting the £5m 'govco' deal.

A bit of a coup for him getting this interview with Auntie Sharon. Can you remember who first  used that nomenclature on Nuts and WW?

The 'famous five'? We'll come back to that.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat Sep 24 2022, 10:59; edited 2 times in total

167The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 15:33

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It looks like those nice people on WW or TW haven't cottoned on to this yet. The WW mob are busy lobbing bricks at Roger Dubuis over comment on the new Radisson Hotel deal.

The WW types don't seem like they are Auntie Sharon types at all but haven't realised it.

168The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Another throw away line I picked up on from Sharon's interview was when the insolvency practitioner simply stated that she (FV) had paid over the odds to close the deal.

I still can't get my head around how anybody is going to make anything back from buying BWFC?

Sharon said there was a 3 year plan - well year 1 relegated, year 2 promoted and this year it looks like we are staying put - so 3 years, cost of millions and no further forward the when she started.

I must be missing something obvious because everybody else (Bob excluded) seem to be happy about the finances.

I'd like to know who exactly the five investors are?

And going off at a bit of a tangent I'm not even sure PBP really are one of them (not long term anyway) because isn't there something about waiving the interest on their loan if its settled by a certain date (3 years was it - I can't remember) - certainly sounds like they are keen to get paid up and up sticks to me, as soon as they can.

169The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 23:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think this was a really excellent interview and congrats to Auntie Sharon for agreeing to it and to JME for arranging it and pulling it all together.

FV had to pay too much, as I have been saying all along, and Sharon hit the nail on the head when speaking of the horrendous pre-acquisition costs.  

I’m not seeing a profit motive and never have. It’s always seemed like it was just something that Sharon wanted to do. Mike James is a super fan, as was said, but as for the other three of the not so famous five, motivation remains as elusive as ever.

But what in heaven’s name is going on in the heads of Nuts contributors who haven’t watched this?

170The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Thu Dec 16 2021, 23:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It might well be what she wants to do - and we seem extremely blessed to have someone with her values (which fwiw many if not all I share myself) - but at the end of the day it takes money and we both don't believe she has deep enough pockets.

So what's the motivation of the other four investors?

Mike James super fan indeed but his pockets aren't limitless either, what's Luckock's motivation in all this and who are the other two, is PBP one or not, who is number 5, is he the real backer to all this???

It's easy to buy a football club (well it isn't but you know what I mean) but how do you find someone genuine to sell it too when you've done enough?

Eddie certainly couldn't find the right person even after the years the club had been available to buy?

Is the next generation of football club owners going to be socially aware do-gooders?

I simply can't see it myself, too much filthy lucre to be had.

171The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Dec 17 2021, 08:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The video had had only 83 views when I first spotted it yesterday and posted it on here but that plainly has had little effect. It has still had only 97.

Sadly Nuts continues to be dominated by lefties who are so obsessed with left-wing prejudices and biases that they seem to clock little else. Okocha lives completely in the clouds but I feel sure that, if he was well, Boncey would have watched it and offered some comment even if only by way of a joke. When did we last hear from him?

That there are still five involved is interesting but we are left guessing who they are and why they would spend their dosh on BWFC. Nick Mason must be one of the candidates but now the loans have been converted to shares when will we get to know the present details of the ownership of BWFC? Other BWFC sites seem quite oblivious but it does look very much like Sharon who gets her way and makes all the key decisions.

JME is a true Boltonian and it showed. I expect its one of the qualities that has endeared him to Auntie Sharon but there are now no other Boltonians in any senior capacity other than superfan.

172The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Dec 17 2021, 10:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its that time of the year when we need to start thinking about BOTY, the Bullshit of the Year award.
The first nomination goes to the Marcus Rashford PR team for this:

173The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Fri Dec 17 2021, 12:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I feel sure that, if he was well, Boncey would have watched it and offered some comment even if only by way of a joke. When did we last hear from him?

Tuesday morning was the last time he logged in but he could be viewing as a visitor.

I too share your concern for his wellbeing.

I wasn't around much a month or so ago and gather he wasn't well for a time but saw that he had lost his cousin and sent my condolences.

I know from personal experience that dealing with a death is not a happy time but was quite frankly shocked to note that he had put under his avatar the phrase 'trainee corpse' and began to wonder if things were taking a toll on him - quite understandably if they were.

He seemed to take badly (and personally) a comment I made that was merely a simple statement of fact in respect of Corbyn then the last post he made was a picture that said 'when the fun stops - stop'.

I do hope he's ok and finds himself in a better place - I'm sure we all do.

174The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Jan 04 2022, 11:14

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I do hope Boncey has clocked this. Its compulsive viewing.

Watch out for Stanford's comments about 'bullshit' in the last of the three episodes. I could have wet myself. It bordered on that Professor of Economics geezer declaring that Marc Iles was his 'go-to football financial analyst'.

175The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Jan 04 2022, 12:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I do hope Boncey has clocked this. Its compulsive viewing.

Watch out for Stanford's comments about 'bullshit' in the last of the three episodes. I could have wet myself. It bordered on that Professor of Economics geezer declaring that Marc Iles was his 'go-to football financial analyst'.
I remember this guy well. He'd gone out of what passes for my mind for many years, but this gave me a nudge. I'll have a look.

176The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Mar 19 2022, 14:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Spare a thought today for poor old John Bercow. He can't do anything right. The Mail is now saying that he was claiming furlough money for his missus. They seem such a charming couple

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10629057/John-Bercow-wife-furlough-despite-having-400-000-bank.html

177The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Sep 12 2022, 10:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was only thinking about potential nominees for the 2022 Bullshit of the Year awards when this popped up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11203359/Prince-Harry-issues-statement-celebrating-life-Queen.html#reader-comments

It has to be a contender

178The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Sep 12 2022, 11:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I was only thinking about potential nominees for the 2022 Bullshit of the Year awards when this popped up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11203359/Prince-Harry-issues-statement-celebrating-life-Queen.html#reader-comments

It has to be a contender
Couldn’t agree more Bob and he’d win it hands down 🤗

179The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Sep 12 2022, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I was only thinking about potential nominees for the 2022 Bullshit of the Year awards when this popped up:

It has to be a contender
I won't be clicking on that link as the source appears to be a well known right wing racist and sexist propaganda vehicle, but if you're brave enough to go there, I imagine there'll be enough material to sweep the board at your award ceremony, Bob.

The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 ExwiTKFWgAAK8T8?format=jpg&name=small

The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Original

180The Bullshit Papers - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Sep 12 2022, 11:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tries hard, but Andrex will always have the edge in my book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum