Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gays Win Compensation

+15
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
Numpty 28723
WhiteBic
wanderlust
Banks of the Croal
bwfc71
summercummings
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Gays Win Compensation Empty Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A couple of homosexuals from Berkshire have won a court case against a B&B owner who refused to let them stay in a room with a double bed.

The judge awarded each gay £1800 in compensation for "injury to feelings".

I fucking hate this country. This ruling just sums up what Britain is all about in 2012. The B&B owner wasn't homophobic, she wouldn't let straight people share a double bed unless they were married either.

However, had a straight couple taken legal action it would have been laughed out of court.

Does this ruling make you feel sick?

2Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

yes...

Totally agree with you nat (for a change) Laughing

Its just a fucking cop out where ANY minority can sue for pathetic things like hurt feelings.

If your white British and straight, your 'feelings' dont really matter....

3Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It makes me sick the way this country is going, full of PC squeelers.

4Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:39

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

here is the link to what Nat is referring to..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348207/Christian-hotel-owners-Peter-Hazelmary-Bull-penalised-turning-away-gays.html

They are right...

I'm not religious, but if certain people are then fine, they are entitled to have beliefs and live according to them...

A catholic couple wont allow a gay couple to stay in THEIR hotel, a property they OWN... Rolling Eyes

worlds gone fucking mad...

5Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:It makes me sick the way this country is going, full of PC squeelers.

We pander to ethnic and cultural minorities way to much in this country... Twisted Evil

6Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are interesting cases for me.

Obviously I'm against these bigots who run that hotel using their religion as a mask to preach and practice homophobia.

but on the flip side, just find somewhere else to stay FFS. If i went to a hotel and it said "no brad pitt lookalikes" i wouldn't kick up a fuss i'd just go somewhere else.

It's a similar situation with the gay marriage for me. I'm all for gays having the same rights as everyone else of course, but why they want to marry in a church which sees them as ungodly, disgusting, depraved and scum is beyond me.

7Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:04

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a fucking joke. The hotel owner should have the right to refuse entry to whoever they want. I can't wait until sharia law happens over here. We'll have none of this gay bullshit anymore.

8Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:These are interesting cases for me.

Obviously I'm against these bigots who run that hotel using their religion as a mask to preach and practice homophobia.

but on the flip side, just find somewhere else to stay FFS. If i went to a hotel and it said "no brad pitt lookalikes" i wouldn't kick up a fuss i'd just go somewhere else.

It's a similar situation with the gay marriage for me. I'm all for gays having the same rights as everyone else of course, but why they want to marry in a church which sees them as ungodly, disgusting, depraved and scum is beyond me.

its not homophobia hipster, its their religious beliefs...

Something i dont totally agree with but its their right nonetheless.

A hotel can get sued for not allowing a gay couple to stay due to the owners religious persuasion... yet most restaurants and take always (including KFC and McDonalds) give us halal meat with no choice... so as not to offend Muslims... I could see some Christians being offended by that... but they will get fuck all in compensation for 'hurt feelings due to hunger'

will they?

its the same thing.

9Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:What a fucking joke. The hotel owner should have the right to refuse entry to whoever they want. I can't wait until sharia law happens over here. We'll have none of this gay bullshit anymore.

I fucking die before sharia law takes over the UK....

people who want sharia law should go and live in one of the backward countries that implement it...

10Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No gays and being able to stone women to death is a winner for me.

Allah Akbar.

11Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

errr...

12Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:No gays and being able to stone women to death is a winner for me.

Allah Akbar.

I know your joking, I rose it it... I shouldn't have, sorry. Embarassed

13Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure that the couple in question are bigots. As well as being Christians their hotel also happened to be their home. If, as stated, they would only allow married couples to stay the night then I suspect heterosexual unmarried couples would also be shown the door.

Pubs and Clubs have the right to refuse entry to customers so why should a hotel be any different?

14Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

err...

so you would be happy for sharia law to be implemented in the UK?

There is a difference between the freedom of expression and an actual forced regime ...

of course however, the guardian will tell you otherwise...

15Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but sharia law is just their religious beliefs.

If you're gay, you're beheaded. Obviously i don't agree with that but it's their right non the less.

or does it change because it's islam not christianity.

16Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I don't see them as bigots, they had exactly the same rules for unmarried straight people. If anything they are being 100% honest and true to themselves - they should be applauded.

17Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:40

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:but sharia law is just their religious beliefs.

If you're gay, you're beheaded. Obviously i don't agree with that but it's their right non the less.

or does it change because it's islam not christianity.

sorry hipster, but your dragging to much out of one comment - you do it all the time, does it give you a hard on?

I have nothing against Islam, if they want to practice their religion then that's fine by me - its when its pushed in my face that it becomes an issue, like local pubs and Nunneries being bought and turned in to mosques, or companies only using halal meat for fear of offending a minority...

as far as the law of Islam (or sharia) is concerned, Muslims that live here should accept that we are not a Muslim state and never will be, they should either live with it or fuck off to a country that fits their perception of justice better.

Last edited by Reebok_Rebel on Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

18Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster is a gay black muslim. When you consider this his comments are understandable.

19Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Even if they hadn't done the same with a straight couple, it's their hotel so they can run it anyway they wish. If the gay couple were so bothered they should have gone to another bloody hotel and stopped crying about it.

It's the owners beliefs and their hotel so can do what they want with it IMO.

20Gays Win Compensation Empty Re: Gays Win Compensation Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

as far as the law of Islam (or sharia) is concerned, Muslims that live here should accept that we are not a Muslim state and never will be, they should either live with it or fuck off to a country that fits their perception of justice better.

England is a free country and anyone who doesn't like it is free to fuck off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum