Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will we do it? - the run in thread

+8
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Fri Mar 25 2022, 14:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

P.S. The three promoted League 1 teams from last season have all filed their 2021 accounts. They all lost money. Peterborough lost the least (£1million), Hull the most (£8million)

P.P.S. All three spent more on wages than their total turnover

That's pretty eye opening

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

62Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Fri Mar 25 2022, 14:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:

That's pretty eye opening

All three have had new owners too:

Peterborough 2018
Blackpool      2020
Hull              2022

Have FV got the finance to service existing debt or run up more losses?

We should no a bit more when they file their 2021 accounts. They are due no later than 31 March.

63Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Fri Mar 25 2022, 16:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Back on the will we do it question. 

If we win all 7 games. We finish on 79.
If we allow Sunderland and Sheff Wed to win all of their home matches and lose their away games, Sunderland finish on 79 and Sheff Wed on 78.

I know it's a big if, but, it's definitely within reach if we can pull 7 wins out.

Like I said, I know there are other teams up there but we just assume that their form will continue the same.

Finishing points prediction
Sunderland 77
Sheff Wed 76

Bolton just gotta to win enough
Fine but if any one of Wycombe, Ipswich or  Portsmouth win their's....?

Actually Wycombe only need to win 4 and draw 1 of their last 7 to get to 79.

64Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 10:43

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Biggie wrote:Back on the will we do it question. 

If we win all 7 games. We finish on 79.
If we allow Sunderland and Sheff Wed to win all of their home matches and lose their away games, Sunderland finish on 79 and Sheff Wed on 78.

I know it's a big if, but, it's definitely within reach if we can pull 7 wins out.

Like I said, I know there are other teams up there but we just assume that their form will continue the same.

Finishing points prediction
Sunderland 77
Sheff Wed 76

Bolton just gotta to win enough
Fine but if any one of Wycombe, Ipswich or  Portsmouth win their's....?

Actually Wycombe only need to win 4 and draw 1 of their last 7 to get to 79.

Yes. But that would be to assume that they will perform above their usual average. And generally teams don't. 

What I mean is, all of the teams mentioned are achieving roughly the same points per game as they have throughout the season. Very broadly speaking.  So I would expect that to continue. 

Only Bolton have had a massive turnaround which started in February. If we can carry that on. Plus two extra wins (which I know is unlikely to win 7 in a row). We are the most likely to do that.

65Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 11:42

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Handful of games today including Ipswich, Wednesday, Plymouth - so a clearer picture by 5:00pm.

66Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Handful of games today including Ipswich, Wednesday, Plymouth - so a clearer picture by 5:00pm.
Well Ipswich are playing Plymouth so they can't both win Smile

67Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 13:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Handful of games today including Ipswich, Wednesday, Plymouth - so a clearer picture by 5:00pm.
Well Ipswich are playing Plymouth so they can't both win Smile

Only the Wednesday result need bother us today.
😭

68Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

Only the Wednesday result need bother us today.
😭
Cheltenham score on 4 mins, Wednesday equalise on 7.

Wednesday dominating though.

Ipswich should have scored just now but the cross went straight through the box

69Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 15:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mendez-Laing inches away from connecting for a tap in. All Wednesday but Cheltenham not rolling over easily.
Under the cosh but Cheltenham have some tidy players - Bonds showing some fancy footwork in particular.

70Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 15:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Morsy puts Ipswich ahead - been coming.

Norwood outs it over from the centre of the goal - could have been 2

71Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 15:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HT

Wednesday drawing despite dominating, Ipswich leading - and dominating - but we could do with a Plymouth equaliser from our point of view.

72Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 16:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wednesday deservedly ahead.

Cheltenham are really going to have to up their game if they want to get anything out of this.

Plymouth looking slightly better this half.

73Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 16:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sitter missed by Cheltenham Sad
Then Bonds crashes one against the post, Wednesday go straight down the other end and fail to convert a scramble in the box.

Now end to end and could go either way,

74Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 16:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheltenham going for it committing everyone forward. Great watch!

75Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 - 1 Wednesday - nice volley

6 minutes left

76Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 16:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4 - 1 and it's goodnight from Yorkshire.

77Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 17:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think it’s goodnight full stop now Lusty. Those results today put us 11 points behind and there’s just no way we are realistically going to make that up. There’s not even a sign any of the clubs above us are slipping up, as they’re all performing well. Not to worry, it was always a long shot after throwing away five points last week in two games we should have won, but it does mean that the Wigan game has interest only from a derby point of view and potentially doing damage to Wigan, though frankly I can’t really see us getting anything from the game the way the pie eaters are going. So let’s build for next season now, hopefully strengthen and make a push at the automatics.

78Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sat Mar 26 2022, 22:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Results today changed nothing...
If we win our games it will be enough.
I'll prove it at the end of the season. It all hinges on that.

Sheff we'd winning was factored in. We can afford them to win all their home games (or equivalent).

Ipswich winning doesn't matter.

Plymouth losing might be good for us. If they go on a bad run, eg, win one draw one lose 4. It gives us an extra chance.

79Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sun Mar 27 2022, 03:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not giving up until it becomes mathematically impossible Very Happy

On the bright side I do not believe anyone has mentioned we cannot be mathematically relegated.....so promoted and successfully survived in league one  cheers

80Will we do it? - the run in thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Will we do it? - the run in thread Sun Mar 27 2022, 12:19

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Mathematically relegated. Lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum