Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X

+8
okocha
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My Dad does, like clockwork every week. Never wins because he always bets on Bolton.
Is it all done online now? Don't suppose you get a coupon. I miss those days.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, online now. It's the way of the world, sadly.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Does anyone still do the football pools? Seems a bit old hat these days.

Many years ago I used to have a pools round, used to collect the coupons on a Thursday (iirc?) then cash up, then take the money round to the local agent less my 12.5% commission.

I did it for a year or two until I got a new job and moved away to another town.

Once won £3,000 too but that was in the works syndicate I ran at the time so only came out with a couple of hundred when it was all divided out.

The funny story I have though involves one of my work colleagues who offered to take over the round when I left.

I cleared it with the local agent and took the bloke out with me to show him how to do the round the week before I left.

Thing is though he was (probably still is) a pisshead.

Apparently he did the round one night and instead of cashing up went down to the pub until it closed - then drove home!

The agent, who was waiting for his money ended up calling the police (he assumed that he either had been robbed or done a runner) who went round to the pissheads home and after quite a while managed to wake him up to come to the door!

Apparently they asked him loads of awkward questions about how he got home that night!

In the end the Agent got the money, the pisshead (who was a council officer(!)) got sacked by Littlewoods but managed to squirm his way out from drunk driving as there weren't CCTV cameras about in those days to prove he had been driving.

The pisshead was/is a Yorkshireman - Leeds fan too - enough said eh!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Many years ago I used to have a pools round, used to collect the coupons on a Thursday (iirc?) then cash up, then take the money round to the local agent less my 12.5% commission.

I did it for a year or two until I got a new job and moved away to another town.

Once won £3,000 too but that was in the works syndicate I ran at the time so only came out with a couple of hundred when it was all divided out.

The funny story I have though involves one of my work colleagues who offered to take over the round when I left.

I cleared it with the local agent and took the bloke out with me to show him how to do the round the week before I left.

Thing is though he was (probably still is) a pisshead.

Apparently he did the round one night and instead of cashing up went down to the pub until it closed - then drove home!

The agent, who was waiting for his money ended up calling the police (he assumed that he either had been robbed or done a runner) who went round to the pissheads home and after quite a while managed to wake him up to come to the door!

Apparently they asked him loads of awkward questions about how he got home that night!

In the end the Agent got the money, the pisshead (who was a council officer(!)) got sacked by Littlewoods but managed to squirm his way out from drunk driving as there weren't CCTV cameras about in those days to prove he had been driving.

The pisshead was/is a Yorkshireman - Leeds fan too - enough said eh!
Those were the days. People coming to the door for money. Milkman, rent man, club man. I still remember our old Co-op number for when I had to pay the milkie, 24322. Some numbers you just never forget.
Anyone collecting money these days would probably get knocked on the head.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Those were the days. People coming to the door for money. Milkman, rent man, club man. I still remember our old Co-op number for when I had to pay the milkie, 24322. Some numbers you just never forget.
Anyone collecting money these days would probably get knocked on the head.

We used to have the co-op milkman (Arnold) and when he got paid he used to give us a little beige ticket receipt that we used to post on to a gummed sheet and when the sheet was full I had to take it down to the Co-op Bank on Bow Street, opposite The Star and Garter, where all the amounts (pounds, shillings and pence, remember!) were added up (manually - no pocket calculators back then) and the amount of the co-op divvy was worked out.

The money I was given I had to put in my fist, then put my fist in my pocket and keep it there until I got home so I didn't lose any of it, that's how poor we were back then.

Happy days they were though, and a long, long time before pointless and never ending bickering and pathetic personal vendettas on social media took over some people lives, that's for sure!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The man gets everywhere!

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 3 EJsfDxY

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of my first new year resolutions was to vow never to click on a Bonce link again.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

One of my first new year resolutions was to vow never to click on a Bonce link again.
You probably won't be interested in my food that looks like famous people link then.
This bacon is pure Elvis.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 3 AxYHQ3TCEAIUQOh?format=jpg&name=small

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't already seen it Bonce.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't already seen it Bonce.

Thanks Sluffy, I hadn't seen it.  I'll watch it with a brew and a biscuit later. Listening to Peter Kay's autobiography on Audible at the moment. Already read it, but it's nice to hear it read by the man himself.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the basket. Will go well with my new plaid pyjamas.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 3 61gDpx1TvAL._AC_UY695_

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is there much call for a Brucie lookalike now he's carked it?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Is there much call for a Brucie lookalike now he's carked it?
I've made my own.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 3 Sc2

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I've made my own.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 3 Sc2
Much better than my ALF doll.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Did you sort the puncture out?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Did you sort the puncture out?
Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I must have a word with Wessy about hankies. I've just realised that I don't own any. It must be ten years since I used a genuine linen hanky, having gotten used to the paper tissue variety.
Anyone else use a genuine 'snotrag' as my dad used to call them?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I must have a word with Wessy about hankies. I've just realised that I don't own any. It must be ten years since I used a genuine linen hanky, having gotten used to the paper tissue variety.
Anyone else use a genuine 'snotrag' as my dad used to call them?
Seems very unhygienic

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Seems very unhygienic
I've always thought that. Some of mine used to look like something a mechanic would have hanging out of his overalls.
I had a set of three monogrammed hankies once, but I was going through a cravat and cream slacks period. Sometimes with the added glamour of a cricket jumper tied round my neck.
So no hankies now. Mum always preferred 'Handy Andies'. Can you still get them?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum