Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you a secret Conservative?

+4
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
okocha
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Thu Feb 29 2024, 14:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 200.gif?cid=a87a70e69t3dmcv98f6hkag9zojwcy8iqoou6oxy2lvlji0w&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

62Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Thu Feb 29 2024, 14:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Early doors.
"I've spent some of the best years of my life in this place".

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uhng6

63Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Thu Feb 29 2024, 14:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Early doors.
"I've spent some of the best years of my life in this place".

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uhng6

That was probably the last best sitcom the beeb ever did.

It’s a shame they never did a third series!

64Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Thu Feb 29 2024, 15:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:63, I wouldn’t go just because of Sluffy. There’s more to nuts than just him.

And for the record, I’m pretty sure Sluffy has called you one or two of those names in the past.
I know Karly but there are plenty of other forums where you can have grown up discussions with other posters without some self obsessed arrogant know it all just constantly posting his version of every event and claiming it’s fact and labelling anybody who disagrees as some kind of Luddite idiot. You keep well 🙂

65Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Thu Feb 29 2024, 15:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

63 we don't always see eye to eye but at least we can have a discussion about it.

I left recently for the same reason but don't see why i should leave, so came back and told you know who to just not bother interacting with me (i have been winding him up recently, just can't help myself) so maybe do the same as me?

66Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Thu Feb 29 2024, 17:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:63 we don't always see eye to eye but at least we can have a discussion about it.

I left recently for the same reason but don't see why i should leave, so came back and told you know who to just not bother interacting with me (i have been winding him up recently, just can't help myself) so maybe do the same as me?
Well, I, for one, am going nowhere. I've had a new door put on my thread, with a nice new nameplate. I might do a bit of painting in the close season. New fitted carpet too. I might have it soundproofed too, when I've a little spare cash. Unless Norpig goes deaf.

Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Image-11

67Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Mon Mar 11 2024, 16:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lee Anderson: Defects to Reform UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68532602

Well who would have thought that would happen???

Rolling Eyes

It's pretty clear to me that Reform is going to be our version of the extreme right-wing populist parties that have sprung up in many of the western worlds countries in recent years (think Trump, Le Pen, Victor Orban, etc) - and the W63's of the country will be flocking to it - I also think it will only be a matter of time before W63 himself will to.

The world is moving towards much darker times unfortunately.

Sluffy wrote:AND in the same vein of Libertarian (Trumpist) lunacy AND from W63's only window on the world - GB News...

Lee Anderson told GB News "Islamists" had "got control" of the mayor of London.

Sadiq Khan has described remarks by the former Tory deputy chairman as "pouring fuel on the fire of anti-Muslim hatred".

Lee Anderson told GB News "Islamists" had "got control" of the mayor of London.

His words, which follow pro-Palestinian protests outside Parliament, have been condemned by some Conservatives.

But Mr Khan criticised Rishi Sunak and his Cabinet for what he called a "deafening silence".

On Friday, Mr Anderson told GB News: "I don't actually believe that the Islamists have got control of our country, but what I do believe is they've got control of Khan and they've got control of London… He's actually given our capital city away to his mates."

The Ashfield MP's remarks prompted criticism from Labour and some Conservatives - including former chancellor Sir Sajid Javid who reposted the video of Mr Anderson making the comments and wrote "a ridiculous thing to say".

In response, Mr Khan described Mr Anderson's comments as "Islamophobic, anti-Muslim and racist".

"These comments pour fuel on the fire of anti-Muslim hatred," Mr Khan said.

"I'm afraid the deafening silence from Rishi Sunak and from the Cabinet is condoning this racism and confirms to many people across the country there is a hierarchy when it comes to racism in this country.

"I am unclear why Rishi Sunak and members of his Cabinet aren't calling this out and condemning this."

Earlier on Saturday, Labour called for Mr Anderson to lose the party whip - which would essentially expel him from his party in Parliament.

Until January Mr Anderson served as one of the deputy chairmen of the Conservative Party, but he resigned so he could rebel against the government over the Rwanda vote.

His comments followed an article by former home secretary Suella Braverman in the Daily Telegraph, in which she said "the truth is that the Islamists, the extremists and the anti-Semites are in charge now".

A Tory source earlier told the BBC: "Lee was simply making the point that the mayor, in his capacity as police and crime commissioner for London, has abjectly failed to get a grip on the appalling Islamist marches we have seen in London recently."

But Neil Garratt, leader of Conservatives at City Hall, said he had "no shortage of criticisms of Mayor Khan" but added "he is not an Islamist, he is not in the pockets of Islamists, and I completely disagree with anyone who says otherwise".

Mohammed Amin, a former chair of the Conservative Muslim Forum who resigned after Boris Johnson became leader in 2019 and is now a Liberal Democrat, told the BBC politicians have a responsibility around the language they use and explained what kind of action he would expect to see from the Conservative Party.

"I would have expected the prime minister to take immediate action by denouncing the comments and calling Mr Anderson into Downing Street to explain himself," he said.

"If he failed to give a satisfactory explanation, then to consider removing the whip from him.

"That's the kind of action I would have expected David Cameron to take in the good old days, but sadly the Conservative Party has deteriorated very badly since then."

The BBC has approached Mr Anderson and the government for comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68392026

Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 _115651730_breaking-promo-976

Lee Anderson: MP suspended from Tory party over criticism of London mayor
Published
1 minute ago

The former Tory deputy chairman has been suspended from the party after "refusing to apologise" for comments aimed at Sadiq Khan.

Lee Anderson told GB News on Friday "Islamists" had "got control" of the mayor of London.

Mr Khan described the remarks as "pouring fuel on the fire of anti-Muslim hatred".

Losing the Tory whip essentially expels Mr Anderson from his party in Parliament.

Pressure had been mounting on Rishi Sunak to take action over the comments from the Ashfield MP after Mr Khan criticised a "deafening silence" from the prime minister and his Cabinet.

Just over an hour after Mr Khan's criticism, a spokesperson for the Tory party's chief whip Simon Hart said: "Following his refusal to apologise for comments made yesterday, the chief whip has suspended the Conservative whip from Lee Anderson MP."

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68392621

68Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Mon Mar 11 2024, 16:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't matter what party he's in as he will be gone at the general election and i for one will be very happy to see the back of 30p.

69Are you a secret Conservative? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you a secret Conservative? Mon Mar 11 2024, 18:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Doesn't matter what party he's in as he will be gone at the general election and i for one will be very happy to see the back of 30p.

You're probably right but having a look 2019 Election results it doesn't seem to be as clear cut as one might imagine - obviously the same set of circumstance won't apply though for this years election as occurred in 2019.

The first thing to note was that Labour lost the seat (Ashfield) to Conservative having held it since 1979 - I think this seat was one of the 'red wall' seats that Labour lost to Boris?

Labour only came third in the 2019 election with an independent coming second - the independent candidate being the leader of Ashfield Council (think the Town Mayor in layman's terms - although the leader and mayor positions are completely different and separate to each other).

The other factor was that the Brexit Party stood and finished fourth, although a long way behind the top three candidates.

Anderson was a Labour councillor at Ashfield before he got booted off - so he still must have some support in the area personal to him.

[Note that Anderson was a Labour councillor at Ashfield, but returned just a couple of years later to stand as a Conservative in the General Election in a seat that had been Labour held for over 40 years - which seems to suggest to me at least, that Anderson had a high personal local appeal, either that or anyone who stood for the Tories that day would have won.]

He also presumably will pick up the Brexit Party votes as Reform is now the Brexit Party under a new name.

It's hard to imagine the the Conservatives will hold on to this seat and therefore no doubt the W63's of Ashfield may will tactically change their votes from Tory to Reform to keep Labour out.

If the Independent candidate stands again, then no doubt they will attract not only the votes from their own personal supporters but also tactical voters away from the Conservatives (to keep Labour out) and don't forget Labour did finished third to their second in the last election - so maybe even attract Labour votes to keep Anderson out from winning!

Could be an interesting constituency to watch this one as no particular party seems to be clear favourite as such - Labour should be, but will the independent split their vote and Anderson with tactical voting from the conservatives plus Brexit voters end up with a chance of retaining the seat?

..dunno..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashfield_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum