Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Huddersfield v Bolton

+26
karlypants
chipbutty
observer
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
lesuns
Norpig
Keegan
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
gloswhite
WhiteBic
wanderlust
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Numpty 28723
aaron_bwfc
inf
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
BoltonTillIDie
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sat 8 Dec - 23:21

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Terrible first half performance and rightly booed at half time. The second half was a different story though and we should have been out of sight.

Was I confident, when we were 1-2 up? NO! Please sort the defence out Dougie!

Great support from the Bolton fans once again! Cool

82Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 2:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nastasha has put it in her delicate manner above ...... mostly agree with it though.

And SKD with 96 minutes in again .....if I were him I would go to the manager and ask for a day off for Fucks Sake......this is at the silly billy level now.

Doogie out.

83Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 8:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I was going to take stock in February personally.

Ha ha, I love it when people say things like this.

Bolton could lose every game between now and 31st January but you'd back the manager. You wake up on 1st Feb and it's "Dougie Out".

You can only judge a manager on results. Have things improved? Not really. I think Freedman has more luck than Coyle, hence the slight increase in points haul - but the defence is exactly the same as it was the day Coyle was fired.

Any fool coming into this club would have realised that the defence is a shambles and needs sorting. All Freedman has done is pick the same players as Coyle with the same results. How anyone can have faith in a manager who does that is beyond me.

Believe me, we will be nowhere near the play-offs come May.

84Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 9:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Who the fuck should he pick in defence then? It's not his fault they're all shit. I can only think of Riley who hasn't had a game.

85Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 11:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

BDP, a good question, and the obvious answer is -the same ones, becasue we haven't got anyone else, something we all know, but it doesn't stop some blaming DF.. The playesrs are poor quality, but its all we've got. The new manager thing doesn't seem to have worked for them, apart from a short lift in Knight's efforts, but he's slipped back into his old ways with an own goal. We need to hang on until January, and even one change could make a big difference.

86Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 11:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Who the fuck should he pick in defence then? It's not his fault they're all shit. I can only think of Riley who hasn't had a game.

He had the chance to bring in a loan player, and didn't. That was his first mistake.

I agree his hands are somewhat tied because every defender we have is crap, but we are better with Ricketts at centre-half and Mills playing table tennis back in Euxton. Mills shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

I'd also try playing five at the back, but of course that would mean leaving out Mavies so it isn't going to happen.

There are options, yet he chooses to do the same thing every match.

87Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 11:47

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The options aren't there though. No matter who he plays they're going to be shit. Mears is terrible, Mills is shocking, Ream looks way out of his depth, Knight is wank but probably our best defender and Alonso is a joke of a footballer. Ricketts is a decent utility player to have because he can play anywhere but he isn't playing well and Warnock is ok but will be back at Villa soon. We need a full new defence and until we get one you can't really blame Dougie imo.

88Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 12:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from the result it was a cracking day out. A group of ten of us got the 12.11 from Piccadilly and decamped at the Station Pub on the Stalybridge platform. They had run out of Jaipur so we settled for the Wobbly Bob at 6%. Hearty fare took the form of home made meat and potato pie with mushy peas. Two of the bar staff were so pretty that we decided to stay where we were and we got the 2.22pm to Huddersfield.

On arrival at Huddersfield station we sampled a couple of Timothy Taylors Landlord bitter in the Head of Steam and into the ground for 2.55pm.

Odd to see Mills back in the starting line-up in defence and no room for Joe Riley. A pretty dour first half and I could have sworn it was Kevin Davies who headed into our own net. By this time I was feeling a bit wobbly.

We played much better in the second half with two good goals from Mark Davies and Eagles ( just a pity he couldn't convert the penalty )

Great atmosphere with the Wanderers crowd throughout the match just a bit disappointed that we once again conceded near the end.

Post match entertainment concluded at the Kings Head pub where we quaffed some more beer and got chatting with Sir Bobby Charlton who just happened to be having a few ales in there. We got the 7.15 train back to Piccadilly and thoroughly enjoyed our grand day out..

89Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 12:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Although lumbered in defence for the most part Doogie could have used Riley yesterday. Moved Ricketts over. I still think Alonso offers more gong forward than Warnock...but that's debateble.

As I said yesterday we had Butterfield taking up a spot on the bench and today he's gone I believe....why? Adofe....on bench not used? no good? then why on the bench? Sordell ...we have crippled his career.....Petrov? ....surely wants out by now. Mavies should go if the lad has any sense for his own sake.

So we are left with a poor defense....zero strikers....and no prospects getting a shot.

As others have said...we have been more lucky lately than with OC....how many times have the opposition hit the woodwork recently or Boggers saved us.

Then to add insult to injury .....we are still below Derby cheers

90Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 12:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets be honest whatever he does someone is going to be moaning.

there was even a thread asking whether a clean sheet was any good.

Sordell is "shit" and "one of the worst signings in the clubs history" but should be in the team. And the solution to our defensive problems is Riley, who has been up and down in his few appearances.

Give him a bit of time.

91Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 12:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:lets be honest whatever he does someone is going to be moaning.

there was even a thread asking whether a clean sheet was any good.

Sordell is "shit" and "one of the worst signings in the clubs history" but should be in the team. And the solution to our defensive problems is Riley, who has been up and down in his few appearances.

Give him a bit of time.

We know, you're giving him until 31st January.

92Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 12:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I'm not being stupid, I'm just saying lets take stock after he's had a chance to build his own team.

Take stock doesn't mean act like a twat on a football forum on Feb 1st.

It's called patience and not being a troll.

93Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 12:57

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's got until this time next year for me. A couple transfer windows should hopefully be enough time to shift the shit and for him to get his own players in. If we're still in the bottom half of the championship in December 2013 I will start abusing him.

94Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 13:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He's got until this time next year for me. A couple transfer windows should hopefully be enough time to shift the shit and for him to get his own players in. If we're still in the bottom half of the championship in December 2013 I will start abusing him.

I can't argue with that.

95Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 16:51

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We need to start thinking a bit further ahead. Instant change was never going to be the case when Coyle left us with the worst team in our recent history. We'll get a better idea of Dougie in the second half of the season and a much better idea next season. Then if we're still hanging around 18th in the Championship, worry. He could easily do a Palace though, and take us from a shitty 18th position team to top two challengers.

96Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 16:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

All said and done, we got another point away from home.

97Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 16:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:All said and done, we got another point away from home.

Very true. It's just a bit frustrating that we can't see these games out when we go ahead. Mind you, we got out of jail at Brighton.

98Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 17:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We have thrown more points away from winning positions than any other team in the league.......just for the ones who like a stat.

99Huddersfield v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Bolton Sun 9 Dec - 17:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought we wanted consistency ? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum