Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield

+23
guest66
CAMPO
Tigermin
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
luckyPeterpiper
observer
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
gloswhite
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We could really do with a convincing home win to get us back on track after being narrowly beaten away at Boro but yet again it doesn't look anything like a straightforward task.
No doubt Dougie will ease some folk's concerns by playing a more forward thinking system (still don't understand why he doesn't adopt the same mentality away from home!) but Huddersfield look like a confident and settled side so it won't be easy.
Whilst we were going toe to toe with a struggling Boro side, Huddersfield were whupping pacesetters Burnley. Top scorer Vaughn has 12 goals to his name, 10 of which were in the league.
The good news is that the second highest Huddersfield goalscorer has just 2, but we're going to have to be very careful.
My prediction is BWFC 2 Huddersfield 1.

2Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a Bolton win and it will be close.

I also feel a 2-1 score to us. Smile

3Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Home defeat, probably 1-0.

4Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Eltringham takes the whistle

Geoff Eltringham will oversee proceedings for Tuesday’s game against Huddersfield Town.

Residing in County Durham, Eltringham has refereed 14 games in total this season including six Championship games, four League One, one League Two, two FA Cup and one League Cup fixture

His last outing was in the game between Blackburn and Reading on November 23 in a 0-0 draw at Ewood Park.

In his 14 matches officiated this season, Eltringham has already handed out 53 yellow cards and 3 red cards and last took charge of a Bolton Wanderers fixture in September 2012 when the Whites suffered defeat against Crystal Palace at the Reebok Stadium.

Ken Haycock and Jonathan Hunt will run the line, whilst the fourth official will be Michael Salisbury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:25; edited 1 time in total

5Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Huddersfield Town

Having narrowly avoided relegation from the second tier last term, Huddersfield have certainly enjoyed a brighter start to the 2013/14 campaign in comparison.

With 23 points accumulated from their opening 17 games and currently occupying 12th position in the SkyBet Championship league standings, the Terriers enter Tuesday’s clash with Wanderers on a back of two consecutive victories against Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday.

Despite their impressive form of late though, Mark Robins’ side have struggled to find consistency during the opening months of the season with six wins, six defeats and five draws to their name.

With Robins now in his first full term in the Huddersfield hot seat having joined the club back in February to replace the departed Simon Grayson, the former Manchester United striker has undoubtedly steadied the ship at the John Smith’s Stadium since his arrival.

Following on from their brush with the drop back in May, the Huddersfield manager moved to strengthen his squad with a number of new arrivals, with the likes of Bristol City’s Jon Stead and Burnley’s Martin Paterson agreeing terms with the club.

The most notable signing of the summer however was the permanent acquisition of striker James Vaughan from Norwich City, with the former Everton frontman having spent last season on loan with the Terriers.

Having already secured 12 strikes this season in all competitions – almost half of Huddersfield’s entire league haul - the centre forward has proven himself to be a crucial member of the Yorkshire outfit’s starting line-up.

With Wanderers duo Neil Danns and Jermaine Beckford having both enjoyed stints with the Terriers during the course of the 2012/13 campaign, the Whites will be more than aware of the threat which Robins’ side will pose come kick off.

Huddersfield team which faced Burnley: Smithies, Hammill, Dixon, Lynch, Gerrard, Smith, Norwood, Hogg, Vaughan, Paterson, Clayton

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:34; edited 1 time in total

6Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big win due. Beckford hattrick

7Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Vaughan, Vaughan will tear you apart.... again
Vaughan, Vaughan will tear you apart.... again

He should have had four in the first half against us.

Think of the worst first half Bolton performance you've ever seen and then times it by 100. That's how good we were.

Trotters 2 Terriers 1

8Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 18:42

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another tricky game and I think Huddersfield will bring a decent following for a Tuesday night.

I hope Joe Mason or Moritz starts, or both and I think we might sneak it 2-1

9Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 18:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm looking forward to this one. I've only seen one of the last four so can't comment much on any improvements. I've seen a lot of comments to the tune of "fair play to Dougie, he got it tactically spot on today", but the formation doesn't seem different to in previous matches where we've deservedly lost and people had a lot of complaints. So what's been the difference? In the one match I've seen (Millwall), the urgency and organisation was better but only a bit. 
In terms of tactics, I don't see it that there's a winning combination and a losing one, I think there's several combinations each carrying a different chance of delivering a result. Has Dougie started to pick some of the better combinations? Not in my opinion. We've been playing a lone striker, a lone wide player...and of course Pratley. I don't imagine us scoring enough goals playing this way, just a scrappy win, 0-0 draw, narrow defeat pattern emerging. We're ultimately going to have to take some risks, like sacrificing a defensive midfielder or two.

10Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well said Doffer, and I think your spot on. Dougies 'containment, no matter how erudite he is, is nothing more than a holding game. We really neede to snap out of that mentality. We can't wait forever for his youngsters to come through, and must let the current players 'have a go'

11Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One way traffic this one, with Beckford scoring and a comfortable 2-0.

12Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

No game involving bolton in recent years has been one way traffic, apart from the hull game last season when we were 3-0 up in about 10 minutes.

It's going to be yet another tricky home tie, but I think we will nick it 2-1.

13Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 00:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Blokes are talking about nicking a game against fooking Huddersfield.........we have fallen that much I suppose.  This should be 3-0 with another half dozen chances missed and complete control of the game. That would be a sign of a team heading for top six. 
They beat Burnely ...... well whopp dee do ...... Burnely will finish mid table at best in the end.

14Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 04:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-1 whites. Got to make the most of our home games now.

15Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 08:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 09:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Huddersfield are a decent side and shouldn't be underestimated. I'm still admiring Norwood's goal against Burnley - not often that tactic works but it was beautifully executed.

And I believe Norwood is a Burnley lad Copper? Must be gutting.

17Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to Dougies Pre-Huddersfield press conference Mason will play some part tonight.

18Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:According to Dougies Pre-Huddersfield press conference Mason will play some part tonight.
Yes, he'll put out the cones before the warm-up.

19Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 12:09

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:According to Dougies Pre-Huddersfield press conference Mason will play some part tonight.
Yes, he'll put out the cones before the warm-up.
But he will do it with style!

20Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 12:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This should be a comfortable 2 - 0 at least for us. I'm gonna predict that actually; 2 - 0 trotters and an easy game. Now watch us get spanked and look like twerps all night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum