Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield

+23
guest66
CAMPO
Tigermin
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
luckyPeterpiper
observer
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
gloswhite
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 23:35

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Time for Freedman to go i'm afraid. This is his team, his tactics and they just aren't working. It's not just the results, the football is up there with the worst i've ever seen. We were played off the park in the 2nd half today, no passion, no fight, no creativity. It felt like a defence vs attack training drill in the 2nd half. 

Lonergan 7/10 a great save to keep us in it at 1 0 

Ream 6/10 Not as comfortable at left back but filled in pretty well

Mcnaughton 5/10 very poor going forward

Knight 5/10 lacked confidence, looked shaky and didn't win many headers

Mills 8/10 our best player at the moment, should be captain.

Spearing 3/10 absolute shocker. Has been incredibly poor this season, the game just bypassed him today, poor passing, didn't win a tackle header, nothing. From our best player last season to one of the worst.

Medo 4/10 only slightly better than spearing, not being managed correctly. Shouldn't play with spearing.

Danns 6/10 Did ok, tired towards the end

Hall 7/10 Direct, won us free kicks. No idea why he was subbed when he was.

Moritz 5/10 Lost the ball too much, didn't influence

Beckford 4/10 Woeful.

Both medo and hall kicked off when they were subbed too, think Is Freedman  losing the dressing room? Also where is Eagles? Been very unfairly treated imo, he was the only reason we were anywhere near the play offs last season and just hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip.

42Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Tue Dec 03 2013, 23:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well just got back after a piss poor performance, why do i bother? This team cannot string 3 passes together, the worst culprits being Spearing and McNaughton, Spearing has been awful for a while now and yet again we are far too negative at home. We need to not play either Spearing or Medo at home and go two upfront. 

These negative tactics and constant hoofs from the back are driving people away in droves and yet again cautious Dougie only changes it when we go behind. Entertainment - i think not!

43Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 00:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lost for words,just don't know where to start. Different match, same fucking shite. Awful,just fucking awful from beginning to end. Sick to death now of this shite we've been served up all season. Fuck off Freedman,just fuck off now! Not like me to get so worked up about things but just fuck off Freedman. We never looked like scoring all night. The only thing we created in the first half was a long distance shot from Hall. Two holding midfielders and one lost, lonely looking striker upfront at home against Huddersfield, fucking Huddersfield.
Inevitably we go 1-0 down again so he then loads up with 4 up front(one of whom is Zat Knight) and we play hoofball for the last 15 mins. Unbelievable. I've been trying to convince myself all season that despite how crap we've been Dougie has a plan and he knows what he is doing, but after tonight I realise that is just total crap. He is even more clueless than Clueless. We have the third worst goals scored record in the division (only Doncaster and Charlton are worse) and it's not fucking surprising. Can't remember the last time I got excited watching us play. I could go on and on and on about what's wrong but I just can't be arsed any more so just fuck off Freedman, the sooner the better.

44Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 01:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

And  gartside.

45Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 01:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman frustrated with result

Dougie Freedman admitted his frustration at the final result against Huddersfield on Tuesday evening and stressed the importance of bouncing back against Doncaster Rovers at the weekend.

Oliver’s Norwood’s long range effort was the difference between the two sides on a cold night at the Reebok Stadium, with a late rally from the Whites ultimately proving fruitless against the in-form Terriers.

Speaking exclusively to the official club website following the final whistle, the manager said, “It was a disappointing result for us, there is no doubt about that.

"I felt that we made four or five very good chances, and we’ve got to be really taking them.

"Credit to them, they’re a good team and they defended very deep and made it very difficult for us."

He added: "I’m not going to go home too disappointed – obviously I am disappointed because the players have been fantastic during the last eight games to get themselves in a decent position, so to see it slip away tonight is disappointing.

"I felt that the performance could be better, but we’ve got to take our opportunities at this level."

With defeat against the Terriers only Wanderers’ second defeat in ten games, Freedman explained that the belief shown by the club’s supporters is paramount in helping the team secure results.

"There is a good spirit and I was very happy with the fans tonight – I know they’re disappointed and frustrated because they pay good money, but I felt that they were behind the team.

"They tried to spur their team on, but it just wasn’t to be. We’re in this business though, and we’ve got to pick ourselves to go again and this spirit allows that."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

46Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 07:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

By the sounds of it, I'm glad I missed it!!

47Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 09:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Piss poor performance by a non motivated ill managed side.
I'll enjoy my beer in Barristers Saturday and that will no doubt be the highlight of my day.

48Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fact is that despite poor possession we actually did create plenty of chances and didn't take them so Freedman's tactics worked.
I'd probably have done it differently from Freedman, but can't argue with the fact that the only reason we lost was the absence of quality and ultimately that comes down to money and injuries to the talent we have left - not the manager.

49Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 12:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman rues missed chances as Bolton Wanderers lose to Huddersfield Town

Dougie Freedman rued missed chances after seeing his Wanderers side slip to a second successive 1-0 against Huddersfield at the Reebok Stadium tonight.

Having made three changes, the Whites boss saw his team miss several good opportunities in a dominant first half, with Terriers keeper Alex Smithies making some good saves to keep them out as well.

But they paid the price for those missed chances 19 minutes from time when in-form Town midfielder Oliver Norwood arrowed home a stunning winner.

Freedman felt it illustrated his team's profligacy in front of goal can prove costly as the Whites slipped down to 18th in the Championship table.

Freedman said: “You have to take your opportunities when they come along at this level and we didn’t do that.

“We had three good chances in the first half, didn’t take them and that sets the tone of the game.

“They hit a wonderful strike to win the game into the top corner with what was one of just a few chances for them “It’s a shame because we had dragged ourselves into a decent position to have a push but the last two results have delayed that.

“We didn’t play great but had chances and the difference was that we didn’t take them.

“The good thing is we have another home game on Saturday.

“We will freshen it up a bit and I’m looking for a good reaction.”

Club captain Zat Knight, recalled to the back line tonight, agreed with his manager and called for a massive reaction against Doncaster at the Reebok on Saturday.

Knight said: “It was good to be out there on a personal level but I’m disappointed with the result.

“I think they worked a little bit harder than us and it paid off.

“We didn’t feel that troubled as a defence and then a great strike beats us.

“We had good chances and didn’t take them.

2I felt we have deserved something in both games but need to take these chances that come our way.

“We need a massive performance now on Saturday against Doncaster.”

50Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 12:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can hardly call a 4-5-1 an inspired selection at home!?! As I hinted, players not interested and complete lack of passion. No excuse for that in my book.
There's no comfort or optimism I can draw from that last night. We were out worked, out played and beaten by a team that wanted it.
Doogy can put whatever bullshit slant on it he likes.

51Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When he says "freshen it up" he must mean he's plugging in all the Airwicks at the Reebok because we all know it will be the same shite team.

52Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 15:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How many times has he named an unchanged team this season? I don't think anyone could accuse him of being like Coyle in sticking with the same shite teams time and time again. He just goes from one bizarre selection to another on a weekly basis.

53Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As soon as one player shows a decent bit of form, another fails. If he had players he could rely on it might be a different story.

54Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 17:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:By the sounds of it, I'm glad I missed it!!
Me too! Embarassed 

55Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Wed Dec 04 2013, 18:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

56Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Fri Dec 06 2013, 23:43

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fuck off Duggie.

57Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Sat Dec 07 2013, 08:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anyone who wears a jumper with a suit is a sartorial tosser. But he looks better than Coyle did in his gym kit

58Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Sat Dec 07 2013, 14:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC team to face Doncaster: Lonergan, McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Baptiste, Spearing, Pratley, Moritz, Eagles, Lee, Mason

subs: Lee-Barrett, Knight, Ngog, Hall, Beckford, Danns, Medo

Doncaster team: Turnbull, Quinn, Furman, Duffy, Macheda, Cotterill, McCullough, Khumalo, Wellens, Robinson, Stevens

subs: Maxted, Paynter, Brown, Wakefield, Woods, Fernandez, Coppinger

59Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Sat Dec 07 2013, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford dropped? Moritz, Eagles, Lee and Mason is a fairly attacking line up IMO.

60Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Huddersfield Sat Dec 07 2013, 14:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Beckford dropped? Moritz, Eagles, Lee and Mason is a fairly attacking line up IMO.
Apologies, posted this in the wrong thread.

Not sure how that happened! Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum