Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petrov signs for Espanyol - RELEASED

+25
Bolton Nuts
Bernard Dennis Park
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
summercummings
terenceanne
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Barryjw
N'Gogba
wanderlust
Dunkels King
Michael Bolton
Keegan
doffcocker
observer
Norpig
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Unfortunate but understandable.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The guys on 45k a week. At this level he has to go

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Petrov is rubbish, if he still is on the same wages after relegation then whoever is giving these contracts out needs shooting as we simply have to put in clauses that if we get relegated his wages will half.
Petrov has been one of the most disappointing signings ever. He looked so good when first at city. He never looked arsed at Bolton.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Has he ever managed to play a full 90 minutes ? Get him off the wage bill !

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good decision to let him go. Ain't getting any younger, erratic crosser, doesn't score enough and a liability in defence.Time for Wylde to step up to the bench?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Id had a few beers last night, was also in a bad mood.

one of the dogs died (fudge) really... timing.

I came home to the news that one of our better players is fucking us over.

Maybe hes not fucking us over, and if DF has TOLD him to leave and find a new club then fine, If this is the case though it will save us nowt as the rest of his contract will have to be paid off...

My reaction was a little childish, however, I cant stand players doing the dirty on us and proving they don't really give a shit, it riles me to high heaven!

I do grudgingly have to admit, that hes looked disinterested when he has played though recently.

N'Gogba

David Ngog
David Ngog

Reebok_Rebel wrote: If this is the case though it will save us nowt as the rest of his contract will have to be paid off...

If his contract is being terminated he would have to be paid compensation, but if it is a transfer (with no fee) then i don't think it will have to be paid off?

Sounds like its a win win for both parties to me.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Frustrating player with his inconsistency. More average/poor performances rather than good. Couldn't be arsed, (remember Wembley) and the need to get this high earner off the payroll makes the decision to release him inevitable. We will not have to pay up his contract but he will receive a signing on fee sweetner. But his pay expectancy in La Liga will be lower than with us with their clubs teetering on the brink of going bust due to the economic climate over there. Keeping him at the Reebok was not the way forward, which may be said for 1 or 2 others presently there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think the general consensus is that we're not especially gutted about this if true.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Think the general consensus is that we're not especially gutted about this if true.

True. We never got to see him at his very best.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Think the general consensus is that we're not especially gutted about this if true.

we did.

when He came to the Bok with man city... Laughing

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

we did.

when He came to the Bok with man city... Laughing

The barsteward!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He only signed a contract extension in the summer, so how can leave for sweet FA, I can't get my head around this to be honest.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:He only signed a contract extension in the summer, so how can leave for sweet FA, I can't get my head around this to be honest.

Depends on what the contract said - it could include anything that was agreed.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I know we're saving on his £40k salary but the spanish side he is going to must be paying us something.

Crazy decision by the board if we're letting him go on a free.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I know we're saving on his £40k salary but the spanish side he is going to must be paying us something.

Crazy decision by the board if we're letting him go on a free.

I don't see it as a problem, although it would be nice to get a transfer fee. There may be a clause in his contract that says he can go on a free. At least we're not paying someone to take him off our hands - at least I don't think we are. Let's see what happens.

Player swap might be a good thing if they have any spare defenders.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can only imgaine DF has a replacement lined up, neither eagles and lee are left footed leaving us with only Wylde.

N'Gogba

David Ngog
David Ngog

aaron_bwfc wrote:He only signed a contract extension in the summer, so how can leave for sweet FA, I can't get my head around this to be honest.

I think it was only a 1 year extension though.. I doubt any club would be willing to pay for a soon-to-be 34 year old with only 6 months on his contract. Better for us to let him go for free now and not pay his wages than to let him go for free in summer and pay his wage for 6 months.

Thats if i'm right about the contract situation.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I can only imgaine DF has a replacement lined up, neither eagles and lee are left footed leaving us with only Wylde.

Not sure being left-footed is a pre-requisite for the job these days, but would like to see GW get a run out anyway. But I suspect DF is thinking Lee and Eagles.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A mate of mine is a regular at Gigg Lane- and he's not effusive in his praise of Wylde. He might not be everyting that St. Owen told us about him - in which case we might have a problem filling that slot with a natural left winger

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum