Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petrov signs for Espanyol - RELEASED

+25
Bolton Nuts
Bernard Dennis Park
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
summercummings
terenceanne
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Barryjw
N'Gogba
wanderlust
Dunkels King
Michael Bolton
Keegan
doffcocker
observer
Norpig
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I want any new players we get to be value for money, i can't imagine why fans would want the oposite.

I'm bored of the "...we must sign young, hungry players who are value for money" as though these players grow on trees.

I'd happily settle for four or five 30-32 year olds who were decent players.

I'm happy for you, but what about the team?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote: We need to overhaul the entire squad and buy younger cheaper players who are 'hungry' for success. I really think after this transfer window we'll be making steps in the right direction, and if everything goes to plan next season we'll have Mavies, Holden and Wheater all fit and ready to play. Our team can only get better than where it's at now.

You live in a dreamworld. The vast majority of footballers are overpaid ponces who care no more for BWFC than they do the plight of starving children in Africa. These "hungry" players will have to come from non-league.

You seem to think Mavies, Holden & Wheater will be the answer to our problems. Mavies has played the majority of games over the last terrible 18 months and done fuck all. Holden has been out injured for virtually two years and won't be the same player. And Wheater is ok, but he has no pace - and that has been our problem all season. Not people outjumping us, people outpacing us at the back.

So you don't think there are any footballers out there hungry for success or to play at premier league level? It's not about caring about BWFC it's about wanting to be successful, you're delusional if you think there are no footballers out there who care about being successful, your views are clearly tainted by the tabloid press, there are plenty of honest professionals out there.

As for wheater, Holden and Mavies they are 3 of our best players so I reckon getting them all back will be a big boost for the side. What you've written about our defence being out paced may be true to an extent but that doesn't make wheater useless, a decent centre back uses positioning to make sure he isn't out paced.

If what we have is shit, all the players out injured are shit and all other footballers are shit, (as you seem to believe) what do you suggest for the way forward?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see why you can't sign a 32 year old player who is value for money.

What we're trying to avoid, and i don't know why some fans see it as a bad thing, is splashing 5 million on someone who performs at the value of someone worth 300k.

I think people are fascinated with "oh 5 million? He must be good then!"

Zat Knight cost us 4.5 million.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Apparantly Petrov as passed his medical according to Spanish website Mundo Deportivo - picture of him taking it from tweet by Gary Linton

Nice vest.

Skinny little runt though isn't he?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:So bored of the "sounds like Coyle"

Sleep

I want any new players we get to be value for money, i can't imagine why fans would want the oposite.

I want players capable of performing at the level MY/OUR club should be at...

we cant build a league 1 standard squad and whinge when we lose games/fail to get promotion/finish near the bottom of the league...

I understand the debt crisis we have - the way to help get rid of that is with the premier league money, we are however, not going to get promoted and even if we do, the cloggers we have now would get raped in the prem...

hence my concern about our signing policy - its fucking pointless.

You have to have a look at the teams who are sitting in the top 6 of this league. I suspect if we'd signed their star players the bed sheets would be out. "He's fckhfung shit coz he cost 1 million"

Look at Brighton, Millwall, Palace, Cardiff, Boro, Watford.

Do they have any world class names? I don't think so.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks pleased with himself. It will make a change him getting some sun on his back instead of knives in it.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Sleep

we cant build a league 1 standard squad and whinge when we lose games/fail to get promotion/finish near the bottom of the league...

I understand the debt crisis we have - the way to help get rid of that is with the premier league money, we are however, not going to get promoted and even if we do, the cloggers we have now would get raped in the prem...

You have to have a look at the teams who are sitting in the top 6 of this league. I suspect if we'd signed their star players the bed sheets would be out. "He's fckhfung shit coz he cost 1 million"

yes...

Wilfred Zaha to name but one.

we could have had him for 2 million apparently but tight fanny coyle didn't think he was worth it...

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't we bid more than £2million for him last January? We ended up getting Sordell though.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

oh, id assume Glen Murray and charlie Austin where players that, alongside Zaha, where simply not good enough for us to look at.

So we signed sulky, childish sordell instead.

im confident he will be banging them in for fun soon though... :pray:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bid £7 million for him!

Bolton Wanderers have made an improved £7m offer for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.

Trotters boss Owen Coyle confirmed that an initial bid for the 19-year-old had been lodged on Tuesday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Bid £7 million for him!

Bolton Wanderers have made an improved £7m offer for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.

Trotters boss Owen Coyle confirmed that an initial bid for the 19-year-old had been lodged on Tuesday.

bullshit.

that HAS to be made up affraid

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Sleep

yes...

Wilfred Zaha to name but one.

we could have had him for 2 million apparently but tight fanny coyle didn't think he was worth it...

more complete lies.

We bid over 5 million and Palace slapped a 10 million price tag on him.

We couldn't afford him.

The very next day we bid 5.5 million for that Rhys Williams from boro which was turned down.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Petrov doesn't leave with my best wishes. He's a prima donna, not near as talented as he thinks and has represented poor value for money.

He'd have been starting every week if it were my decision, though I'd have sold him nonetheless.

Is a replacement needed? Yes. A right footer playing on the left can only cause so many problems. Dougie seems to like lefties on the right and vice versa. It can be useful but is often just a momentum killer.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

“We’ve got to face the facts that Martin is in the latter years of his career, earns a lot of money at this football club, and I think the best thing right at this minute is to try to bring in some new, young blood, and try to bring them on,” he said.

“That is where we are and, hopefully, everyone understands that decision.”

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

SOFIA, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Struggling Espanyol completed the signing of Bulgaria winger Martin Petrov from English club Bolton Wanderers on a contract until the end of the season, the player's agent Luchezar Tanev said on Monday.
"If Espanyol manage to avoid relegation, the contract will be automatically extended by one more year," Tanev told TV7.
Espanyol are fifth from bottom of Spain's La Liga with 18 points from 19 matches, two points above the relegation zone.
The experienced Petrov, capped 89 times by Bulgaria, played for Atletico Madrid in the Spanish top flight as well as Manchester City and Wolfsburg.
At Espanyol, Petrov, who turns 34 on Tuesday, will play under Mexican coach Javier Aguirre who managed the Bulgarian at Atletico. (Reporting by Angel Krasimirov, editing by Ed Osmond)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think its the best for both parties him leaving, he was on too much money and was knocking on a bit

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So am I right in thinking that this is a proper transfer rather than a loan?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petrov released by Espanyol after just 6 months, 8 games and no starts.

Shit money grabbing wanker.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Underrated player. Treated badly by the club.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Underrated player. Treated badly by the club.

Please, please try a new act.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum