Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petrov signs for Espanyol - RELEASED

+25
Bolton Nuts
Bernard Dennis Park
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
summercummings
terenceanne
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Barryjw
N'Gogba
wanderlust
Dunkels King
Michael Bolton
Keegan
doffcocker
observer
Norpig
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't blame him for going .... imagine if you were kept out of a team of donkey's for no apparent reason.

In the grand scheme at 34 it's probably a good move for us .... now if we can bench SKD we can have a strike force with an average age below 30 Wink

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Petrov always flattered to deceive. Decent player for a 20 minute sub spell, but rarely did it for 90 minutes. I dread to think the amount of cash we've spent on his wages, but we haven't received a fair return.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:A mate of mine is a regular at Gigg Lane- and he's not effusive in his praise of Wylde. He might not be everyting that St. Owen told us about him - in which case we might have a problem filling that slot with a natural left winger

Your mate is probably a bitter Bury not right who hates Bolton more than even Bolton Hater claims to hate us. It's possible he might be BS-ing you.

However, if he's not, then Wylde can't even perform at L1 level. In which case, we have another epic Coyle fail on our hands.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Don't blame him for going .... imagine if you were kept out of a team of donkey's for no apparent reason.

In the grand scheme at 34 it's probably a good move for us .... now if we can bench SKD we can have a strike force with an average age below 30 Wink
Exactly the reason we should have given Ali first team football over Jussi. Bogdan would then had years to mature. Ali would have been with us for years. What a blunder made by OC and PG.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A relative who follows Bury up and down the country described Wylde to me as "greased lightning".

Of course, they don't play football in the leagues below, but some other game that counts for nothing at this level.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always liked Wylde for Rangers, very quick and direct and a good cross on him.

but hey it's Rangers so...

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I know we're saving on his £40k salary but the spanish side he is going to must be paying us something.

Crazy decision by the board if we're letting him go on a free.
Sensible decision by the board IMO. We are in the Championship now! Big wages, inconsistent performances blah blah.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sky is reporting that it's a loan move until the end of the season. So-there might be a loan fee involved.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I suspect that Espanyol will simply take over his contractual payments in full or part.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why I had to sell Petrov - Freedman

DOUGIE Freedman has lifted the lid on his reasons for selling Martin Petrov.

The veteran Bulgarian winger should finalise his move to Espanyol early this week after two-and-a-half years at the Reebok.

Some fans have been left disappointed at the enigmatic star's exit but Freedman insists the decision was made for the good of the football club, and is now looking to recruit younger replacements.

"We’ve got to face the facts that Martin is in the latter years of his career, earns a lot of money at this football club, and I think the best thing right at this minute is to try to bring in some new, young blood, and try to bring them on," he said.

"That is where we are and, hopefully, everyone understands that decision."

Wanderers drew 1-1 with Millwall on Saturday to fall 10 points behind the play-offs. Keith Andrews and Andy Keogh traded penalties in the first half and despite creating several second-half opportunities, the Whites could not find a winner.

Youngsters Tom Eaves and Josh Vela were named on the bench but there was no place for new signing Craig Davies, who had joined the club in midweek from Barnsley.

Freedman explained his absence as a fitness issue.

"He’s not quite there in terms of intensity," he said. "He will possibly be there in a week.

"He had missed a couple of games for Barnsley and I wouldn’t like to throw him in if he’s not where I want him to be. I'd like his testing – speed, endurance – to be at a better level."

Freedman will continue his recruitment drive alongside preparations for tomorrow night's FA Cup third round replay against Sunderland.

The Whites boss wants to bolster his defence but is determined to make the most out of the limited finances at his disposal for signings.

"We haven’t got loads of money to spend in terms of going and just buying who we want to," he said. "I have got to make good decisions. I don't want to put this great club into financial difficulty over three or four years, I want to make sure that we do it correctly. The buys that are coming in have to be value for money.

"We are looking around and seeing what we can do. There are one or two things possibly this week but I will not be rushed into buying players just because of the situation we find ourselves in at the moment."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

sounds like something coyle would say...

im concerned we seem to be letting quality players leave (trust me petrov will not be the first and last) and replacing them with inferior ones... this is not the way to gain a ticket back to the prem.

Just think about all that money floating round and us not getting any.

issue is, if we don't go up this season (we wont but im at least trying a bit of optimism) we never will.

our team is getting worse, meaning promotion is not an option anyway, and - even if we do go up next season, the wages would have been so inflated by the sky money we wont be able to sign anyone of any worth as we wont have the money to do so.

we need to come up this season otherwise we are fucked...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:sounds like something coyle would say...

im concerned we seem to be letting quality players leave (trust me petrov will not be the first and last) and replacing them with inferior ones... this is not the way to gain a ticket back to the prem.

issue is, if we don't go up this season (we wont but im at least trying a bit of optimism) we never will.

our team is getting worse, meaning promotion is not an option anyway, and - even if we do go up next season, the wages would have been so inflated by the sky money we wont be able to sign anyone of any worth as we wont have the money to do so.

How do you know Petrov will be replaced by an inferior player? Petrov's been very hit and miss for us I don't see why we can't replace him with a younger, cheaper player who can offer us more, on a more consistent basis.

Our team can't get much worse than it is at the moment, I think it's obvious now that Mills, Mears, Andrews, N'gog (add whoever else you like to this list) aren't good enough, and I bet they're all on decent money. We need to overhaul the entire squad and buy younger cheaper players who are 'hungry' for success. I really think after this transfer window we'll be making steps in the right direction, and if everything goes to plan next season we'll have Mavies, Holden and Wheater all fit and ready to play. Our team can only get better than where it's at now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: We need to overhaul the entire squad and buy younger cheaper players who are 'hungry' for success. I really think after this transfer window we'll be making steps in the right direction, and if everything goes to plan next season we'll have Mavies, Holden and Wheater all fit and ready to play. Our team can only get better than where it's at now.

You live in a dreamworld. The vast majority of footballers are overpaid ponces who care no more for BWFC than they do the plight of starving children in Africa. These "hungry" players will have to come from non-league.

You seem to think Mavies, Holden & Wheater will be the answer to our problems. Mavies has played the majority of games over the last terrible 18 months and done fuck all. Holden has been out injured for virtually two years and won't be the same player. And Wheater is ok, but he has no pace - and that has been our problem all season. Not people outjumping us, people outpacing us at the back.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:sounds like something coyle would say...

How do you know Petrov will be replaced by an inferior player? Petrov's been very hit and miss for us I don't see why we can't replace him with a younger, cheaper player who can offer us more, on a more consistent basis.

Our team can't get much worse than it is at the moment, I think it's obvious now that Mills, Mears, Andrews, N'gog (add whoever else you like to this list) aren't good enough, and I bet they're all on decent money. We need to overhaul the entire squad and buy younger cheaper players who are 'hungry' for success. I really think after this transfer window we'll be making steps in the right direction, and if everything goes to plan next season we'll have Mavies, Holden and Wheater all fit and ready to play. Our team can only get better than where it's at now.

I see your point.

But we are not going for players who are going to be any good in the prem, what happens if we do go up?

I suspect we would make derbys last trip to the prem look like an alright campain...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The sad thing to me is that we've pissed it all away.

I believe that Allardyce left us with an ageing squad that needed replacing but the amount of money wasted first by Megson and then by Coyle as been criminal - apart from Cahill have we actually bought anybody who have actually increased in value as a player - I can't think of anyone else.

Even then I honestly believe that Coyle should have been sacked before last January's transfer window and virtually any other manager you care to name would have kept us up - but we certainly would be struggling in the Premier this season!

I believe Gartside is at fault for not acting sooner with Coyle - Christ he even wanted to give him a new extended contract before Eddie Davies over ruled him and instructed him to sack Coyle.

No matter what we may think, we've punched above our weight for over the last decade or so but the debt of £135 million or so plus the inept management of the playing side will mean a stark foreseeable future for us for years to come.

I think the club as written off this year - hence letting Petrov go - and will put all their eggs in to one basket and hope to get promoted next season.

We will still have parachute money coming in BUT so to will Blackburn and Wolves who I doubt will go up this season either plus the three clubs coming down, with two of them (possibly Reading apart) will have much better squads than us.

Chuck in the four or five teams much better than us this season who will not claim the three promotion places and things are going to be really hard for us to get promoted next season.

In all honesty at the start of last season when Norwich, Swansea and QPR had just been promoted and with the likes of Wigan and Wolves still there, I thought that even Coyle (who by then I had come to the conclusion was a poor manager) could not get us relegated - how wrong I was!

Only ourselves to blame for being in this mess really.

Maybe Mr Gartside should reflect on his quote about being happy to not to be involved on the running of the football side of the club - in his position I most certainly would be holding the manager to account as to why we had just experienced our worst home record in the clubs entire history!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So bored of the "sounds like Coyle"

Sleep

I want any new players we get to be value for money, i can't imagine why fans would want the oposite.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:So bored of the "sounds like Coyle"

Sleep

I want any new players we get to be value for money, i can't imagine why fans would want the oposite.

I want players capable of performing at the level MY/OUR club should be at...

we cant build a league 1 standard squad and whinge when we lose games/fail to get promotion/finish near the bottom of the league...

I understand the debt crisis we have - the way to help get rid of that is with the premier league money, we are however, not going to get promoted and even if we do, the cloggers we have now would get raped in the prem...

hence my concern about our signing policy - its fucking pointless.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm bored of the "...we must sign young, hungry players who are value for money" as though these players grow on trees.

I'd happily settle for four or five 30-32 year olds who were decent players.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Apparantly Petrov as passed his medical according to Spanish website Mundo Deportivo - picture of him taking it from tweet by Gary Linton

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Apparantly Petrov as passed his medical according to Spanish website Mundo Deportivo - picture of him taking it from tweet by Gary Linton

Nice vest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum