Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our next five games in February.

+15
JonnyRandom
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Lofty_Love
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
observer
Angry Dad
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Our next five  games in February. Empty Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 17:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Right then, we seem to be in a bit of a pickle at the moment. Losing to a team in the top four seems to have brought out a malaise of doom and gloom which probably wont go away until our results improve.

Lets look at February and our next five games to see if there is any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sat 9th Feb Home to Burnley. A Lancashire hotpot with a lot at stake. They beat us at the start of the season and are currently 7th in the table just one spot outside the play-offs. I can see this being a very close game with them just edging it by one goal. ( 0 points)

Sat 16th Feb away to Forest, 11th in the table and managed by Big Eck who doesn't have a particularly good record against us. By now, the urgency of our plight will be all too clear. The new signings have had time to get their fitness levels up to speed and we win a hard fought game 1-0. ( 3 points )

Tuesday 19th Feb away to Derby who are 9th in the table. Buoyed by our performance against Forest we earn a deserved 1-1 draw. ( 1 point )

Saturday 23rd Feb home to high flying Hull City ( currently 3rd in the table ) Steve Bruce will have them well organised and both sides cancel each other out with a 0-0 draw. ( 1 point )

Tuesday 26th Feb Peterborough at home. The rearranged match we have all been waiting for. After our tonking at London Road it's time for revenge against a side in the bottom three. 2-0 to us. ( 3 points )

So there you have it. 8 points from 5 games. No need to panic. Hardly play -off standard but neither is it relegation form.

We would be on 42 points going into March. Not great but something to work on. By March we should have Wheater and Holden back in the squad plus our new January buys should start making their presence felt.

By all means share your thoughts on here. It would be nice to read what others think, as an alternative to being told that Dougie and the team are shite.

2Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:17

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I still think we'll get promoted this season.

3Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Make a change to see someone talking sense. I agree with your predictions apart from burnley at home, I think we will beat them as we are due a win!

So with 45 points going into march and our better players returning along with the new faces I feel we will be well placed to make one last attempt to break into the play offs, I know I'm being fairly optimistic but every team bar us has been on a run of 3-4 wins in a row. We've been inconsistent as dougie keeps chopping and changing, not allowing for 11 players to gel into a proper team.

With a starting 11 of: bogdan
Ricketts - wheater - Dawson - alonso
Kamara
CYL - holden - mavies - eagles
Sordell

This being our best team, I feel if dougie has all the players available and plays that side we will start to pick up a lot more wins and most likely finish mid table, but with a bit of luck we could still scrape the play offs.

Whatever happens it would certainly leave us with hope that we can return to the top flight at the second time Of asking.

Last edited by Boggersbelief on Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:34; edited 1 time in total

4Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:30

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There are no fantastic teams in this division and we should be backing ourselves to win at home, Hull look good and I think they may well finish 2nd so I'm going for 3 pts at home to Burnley and Peterboro and a draw with Hull. At some point we need to win back to back games and we could sneak a win at Forest, can't see us getting anything at Derby. 10pts in total, mid-table mediocrity here we come.

5Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see us winning any of those games, especially those away from home.

There simply isnt any fight in this team. Perhaps Kamara will change things, but Dougie probably won't pick him until April.

6Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When you look at the players we have at our disposal it's just shameful we are where we are. The players really do need to take a good look at themselves.

7Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:When you look at the players we have at our disposal it's just shameful we are where we are. The players really do need to take a good look at themselves.

True. I slag off Dougie but these are highly paid professionals that have (in the main) performed for other clubs.

I really think having a leader on the pitch is under-estimated, these set of ponces need someone to bollock them and wind them up.

8Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 18:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, like you say, hopefully kamara will be that leader we need.

9Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 19:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

What odds can you get on a Bolton promotion?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

10Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 21:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I lost interest on saturday.

11Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 03 2013, 22:52

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:When you look at the players we have at our disposal it's just shameful we are where we are. The players really do need to take a good look at themselves.

True. I slag off Dougie but these are highly paid professionals that have (in the main) performed for other clubs.

I really think having a leader on the pitch is under-estimated, these set of ponces need someone to bollock them and wind them up.
Astute and correct to the nth degree!

12Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:12

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Burnley (H) - draw
Forest (a) - draw
Derby (a) - defeat
Hull (H) - draw
Peterboro' (H) - WIN!

6 points to keep us out of the drop zone but still in danger. Where we will be until the end of the season. It's the Bolton way (to keep the fans on edge?!)

I'm still hopefully of a promotion* push in 2013/14, however this season is a write off.

*Hopefully a promotion push to the Premier League and not the Championship.

13Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a feeling that DF is slowly moving towards changing things around now that he has new options from transfers and players returning from injury. That could go either way, but I'm half expecting to see a few "surprises" over the five games - not exactly sure why - it's just a feeling based on the slight changes in nuance in the messages coming out of the club.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a quite different team from now at the end of the 5 games perhaps with Medo and Holden involved.

14Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Culcheth_White wrote:I still think we'll get promoted this season.

PM me the number for your drug dealer please.

I would like to try some of what you have been taking... Laughing

15Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Make a change to see someone talking sense. I agree with your predictions apart from burnley at home, I think we will beat them as we are due a win!

So with 45 points going into march and our better players returning along with the new faces I feel we will be well placed to make one last attempt to break into the play offs, I know I'm being fairly optimistic but every team bar us has been on a run of 3-4 wins in a row. We've been inconsistent as dougie keeps chopping and changing, not allowing for 11 players to gel into a proper team.

With a starting 11 of: bogdan
Ricketts - wheater - Dawson - alonso
Kamara
CYL - holden - mavies - eagles
Sordell

This being our best team, I feel if dougie has all the players available and plays that side we will start to pick up a lot more wins and most likely finish mid table, but with a bit of luck we could still scrape the play offs.

Whatever happens it would certainly leave us with hope that we can return to the top flight at the second time Of asking.

Fair enough, but what makes you think we will keep all our best players?

We had ONE season and one season ONLY to get back to the big time and keep our squad intact - now that's fucked up, players will want out at the end of the season. I have a feeling they where only willing to do one season in the championship.

16Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:46

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Fair enough, but what makes you think we will keep all our best players?

We had ONE season and one season ONLY to get back to the big time and keep our squad intact - now that's fucked up, players will want out at the end of the season. I have a feeling they where only willing to do one season in the championship.

Which players are those though?

Holden might leave, so that would be one.

Alonso might - but hes not actually that good so no big deal really.

Chungy maybe will but only if there is a big offer - so we will get good money from it.

I can't see anyone making any big offers for any of our other players, and they are all under contract. I can only imagine there will be one disappointing departure in the summer and thats Holden.

17Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We really need Coyle to get another job before the Summer so his new club can buy all these ponces he left us with.

18Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden will not leave, mark Davies has signed a contract, chungy may go but it won't be on the cheap so we'll be able to invest in a new winger (Redmond).

Even if holden left I'm certain vela can fill his shoes.

New winger - vela - mavies - eagles. With kamara anchoring, that's still very strong.

19Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 17:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

our "best" players.

who are they.

at this point i'd be most annoyed about losing Vela to be honest.

A lot of clubs who can't go up first time of asking will look more and more to their youth teams. I'm not against that.

20Our next five  games in February. Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Mon Feb 04 2013, 17:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody came in for our "best" players in the January window.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum