Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our next five games in February.

+15
JonnyRandom
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Lofty_Love
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
observer
Angry Dad
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 05 2013, 22:21

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:My only problem with Ngog is that he NEVER EVER looks committed to the cause. He always seems to play with a half-smile across his lips as if he is just happy to be here. Plus, he has a funny shaped head.

Yep there is that I suppose but then again my head is a bit odd,could that explain it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! bollocks Docs tomorrow it is then,frontal labotomy please Sir before Saturday if you please !!

42Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 05 2013, 22:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My predictions for our next 5 games in February

Burnley (H) - WIN
Forest (A) - WIIN
Derby (A) - WIN
Hull (H) - WIN
Peterborough (H) - WIN
Yes !!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

43Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Wed Feb 06 2013, 07:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTID shouldn't be able to mod when he is high.

44Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Wed Feb 06 2013, 10:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:
Yep there is that I suppose but then again my head is a bit odd,could that explain it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! bollocks Docs tomorrow it is then,frontal labotomy please Sir before Saturday if you please !!

I'm not sure why it is that French players seem to be endowed with oversized suedes. Thierry Henry at Arsenal had a fair old bonce on him but he was a great player so I wont hold it against him.

Fergie tried to emulate Wenger by signing a Frenchy called Gabriel at Old Trafford. The name just didn't go well with the image of a dashing French cavalier. Before turning professional, young Gabriel used to rent out his forehead for screening home movies. It showed he had a flair for making money.

He didn't last long at Old Trafford. Complaints were raised from the disabled section that he used to frighten the children as he dashed down the wing resembling a demented Mekon. Once Dan Dare got wind and put out a contract on him, his days were numbered.

Fergie offloaded him to Newcastle where the Geordie fans lovingly refer to him as ' Wor Gabby' and when he's out of earshot it's Gabby the Alien.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Wed Feb 06 2013, 12:02; edited 1 time in total

45Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Wed Feb 06 2013, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cantona was a bighead - you may be on to something.

46Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Wed Feb 06 2013, 12:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a definite likeness.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Mekon

Wor Gabby

47Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Wed Feb 06 2013, 12:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You would think the Geordies would have learnt their lesson after the purchase of this City reject. I think he plied his trade with the pie eaters for a spell.

48Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Wed Feb 06 2013, 13:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They put their freakish heads to good use though, zidane!

49Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Right then, we seem to be in a bit of a pickle at the moment. Losing to a team in the top four seems to have brought out a malaise of doom and gloom which probably wont go away until our results improve.

Lets look at February and our next five games to see if there is any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sat 9th Feb Home to Burnley. A Lancashire hotpot with a lot at stake. They beat us at the start of the season and are currently 7th in the table just one spot outside the play-offs. I can see this being a very close game with them just edging it by one goal. ( 0 points)

Sat 16th Feb away to Forest, 11th in the table and managed by Big Eck who doesn't have a particularly good record against us. By now, the urgency of our plight will be all too clear. The new signings have had time to get their fitness levels up to speed and we win a hard fought game 1-0. ( 3 points )

Tuesday 19th Feb away to Derby who are 9th in the table. Buoyed by our performance against Forest we earn a deserved 1-1 draw. ( 1 point )

Saturday 23rd Feb home to high flying Hull City ( currently 3rd in the table ) Steve Bruce will have them well organised and both sides cancel each other out with a 0-0 draw. ( 1 point )

Tuesday 26th Feb Peterborough at home. The rearranged match we have all been waiting for. After our tonking at London Road it's time for revenge against a side in the bottom three. 2-0 to us. ( 3 points )

So there you have it. 8 points from 5 games. No need to panic. Hardly play -off standard but neither is it relegation form.

We would be on 42 points going into March. Not great but something to work on. By March we should have Wheater and Holden back in the squad plus our new January buys should start making their presence felt.

By all means share your thoughts on here. It would be nice to read what others think, as an alternative to being told that Dougie and the team are shite.

We have reached 8 points with a game to spare! Tuesday night against Posh should yield another 3 points putting us on 45.

Let's look at the merry month of March.

1) Away to Barnsley. Bouyed by back to back wins against a team just above the drop zone should be worthy of the ticket price. I am looking at a tasty 3-1 win for the Whites ( 48 points and counting)

2. Home to Blackburn on the Tuesday night. They will want revenge for the pasting we gave them at Ewood so I reckon 1-1. ( 49 points )

3. Home to the Seagulls. We were lucky to come away with a point at the Amex so it's time to show Brighton what we are about. 2-0 to us to put the cat amongst the pigeons. ( 52 points )

4. Ipswich away. Got a nasty feeling about this one. Vicar McCarthy will be looking for the double over us. 2-1 to Ipswich so 0 points.

5. Away to Charlton. A tight game with little to choose between the two teams so it's 1-1 for me. That gives us 53 points with 7 games to go.

Can we do it ? You bet.

50Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic, is surly the best finisher

51Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't say Klasnic was surly. Restrained maybe, but not surly. He posed for a picture with my son and was quite amiable.

52Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 18:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If your predictions ring true and we are on 53 after the Brighton game, I'd say we'll be around 5/6 points away from the playoffs.

With our final 7 games being - Huddersfield town. (h) 3 points
Wolves. (h) 3 points
Bristol city. (a) 1 point
Leicester city. (a) 1 point
Middlesbrough. (h) 3 points
Cardiff city. (a) 0 points
Blackpool. (h) 3 points

Would 67 points be enough for a play off place?

53Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 18:28

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

NickFazer wrote:There are no fantastic teams in this division and we should be backing ourselves to win at home, Hull look good and I think they may well finish 2nd so I'm going for 3 pts at home to Burnley and Peterboro and a draw with Hull. At some point we need to win back to back games and we could sneak a win at Forest, can't see us getting anything at Derby. 10pts in total, mid-table mediocrity here we come.

I said 10 and we can't finish on that now but a win against Posh gets us 11 pts so lets have it.

54Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 18:31

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:If your predictions ring true and we are on 53 after the Brighton game, I'd say we'll be around 5/6 points away from the playoffs.

With our final 7 games being - Huddersfield town. (h) 3 points
Wolves. (h) 3 points
Bristol city. (a) 1 point
Leicester city. (a) 1 point
Middlesbrough. (h) 3 points
Cardiff city. (a) 0 points
Blackpool. (h) 3 points

Would 67 points be enough for a play off place?

I think Cardiff finished 6th last year in the mid 70's [points that is]. No harm in having a go though we would need to win almost every game.

55Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Sun Feb 24 2013, 19:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cardiff had 75 points and finished in sixth. I reckon the very most we could get is about 63.

56Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well the win tonight has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. On paper we should have enough experience to come away with 3 points from Oakwell. If we do, then the game at home next Tuesday against Blackburn followed by the Saturday game at home to Gus's Guerillas, takes on immense significance as to our future status.

If you can get a decent run in this league you can certainly mount a challenge for the top six.

57Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm confident we can win out next three games, but even 7 points wouldn't be so bad, we definitely need to beat Brighton to prevent them pulling away.

58Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gus only took Brighton up into the Championship last season. They started off well but fell adrift as the season progressed. We were lucky to get a point at the Amex but our back to back wins will hopefully have instilled some confidence in the squad.

59Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we do beat Barnsley and Huddersfield beat Brighton/Cardiff beat boro, I will start to believe.

60Our next five  games in February. - Page 3 Empty Re: Our next five games in February. Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stranger things have happened. Dougie may not talk the talk but I do think him and Lennie have done a half decent job since they took over. I know the Palace fans were not happy when they left. It says a lot to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum