Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you have Allardyce back?

+14
Lofty_Love
scottjames30
rammywhite
Leeds_Trotter
Angry Dad
Triumph
wanderlust
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
chris_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 10:13

Well with the rumours of west ham being in for poyet at the end of season for manager would anyone welcome big sam back? i know the chances are very slim but what do people think? would they welcome him back?

2Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 10:26

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would if Freedman was sacked but can't see that happening. We achieved allot under Big Sam and I'm sure he'd be able to get the best out of these players and ultimately get us back into the premiership.

3Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 10:29

Jamster26 wrote:I would if Freedman was sacked but can't see that happening. We achieved allot under Big Sam and I'm sure he'd be able to get the best out of these players and ultimately get us back into the premiership.

do you think Gartside would have to leave for us to get him back? Would you welcome that? I know i would. And i think if Gartside wasn't at the helm then Big Sam would jump at the chance to come back.

4Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 10:34

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I do think that would be a factor and if we did get a new owner who had the best interests of Bolton at heart, then I'd be all for that too.

5Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Fat Sam had been manager these last two season we'd be a mid table Premier League club now.

6Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Fat Sam had been manager these last two season we'd be a mid table Premier League club now.

Morning Natasha

This we definitely agree on!

7Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:15

As you guys have said we'd need change at the top for Allardyce to come back we wouldn't have the money to support his project now.

That's part of the reason I think we need to give Dougie time, he has a long term plan and seems willing to work to a tight budget, just need results to follow now.

8Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'd rather have Rioch back than fatty.

9Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:24

bwfc1874 wrote:As you guys have said we'd need change at the top for Allardyce to come back we wouldn't have the money to support his project now.

That's part of the reason I think we need to give Dougie time, he has a long term plan and seems willing to work to a tight budget, just need results to follow now.

apparently we still have all the sports science equipment gathering dust locked in a cupboard at the training ground. but we don't have the staff to use it anymore Evil or Very Mad

10Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:30

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I'd rather have Rioch back than fatty.

What's with the hate? We had our best run under Big Sam?

11Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:34

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What hate? Calling someone fatty is hardly showing hate.

I respect him for what he did with us but wasn't impressed with the way he left.

He cost us millions with his little 'I want a break from football' lie.

12Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:35

Jamster26 wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I'd rather have Rioch back than fatty.

What's with the hate? We had our best run under Big Sam?

Big Sam comes across as neanderthal and cumbersome but he did seem to understood the future of football and how to use science and probability to get the best results for the team. Kinda reminds me of Bradd pit and that the fatkid in that film money ball.

13Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:37

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:What hate? Calling someone fatty is hardly showing hate.

I respect him for what he did with us but wasn't impressed with the way he left.

He cost us millions with his little 'I want a break from football' lie.

but i think this was more down to the way he was treated by a certain chairman hawking off our players behind his back and now being givn any backing financially, only then for the purses to open for little sam and mugson to waste!

14Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:40

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The money was not available when Fatty was still in charge. A new tv deal meant when Megson was in charge more money was available. Everyone, well most people, know that.

Fatty lied so we'd release him from his contract and then turned up at Newcastle. Cost us a couple million pounds did that.

15Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:46

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:The money was not available when Fatty was still in charge. A new tv deal meant when Megson was in charge more money was available. Everyone, well most people, know that.

Fatty lied so we'd release him from his contract and then turned up at Newcastle. Cost us a couple million pounds did that.

Yeah but sammy lee still pissed a descent wedge up against a wall.

Maybe he did lie to get released but there was no love lost between him and gartside and it's no wonder when gartside was doing what he was CAUGHT on film doing.

16Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lee hardly spent a fortune.

And what did Gartside try and do? Sell a player? That's what chairmen do.

17Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:51

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just think though, if Sam had stayed on for a season more, he would have been given the money that Megson received, and then who knows where we'd be at this point?

18Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:53

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fatty thought he was too big for us by then though.

19Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:06

i think it was more in the manner in which he did it, selling players we had no real desire to see leave and who where performing well and would of continued to perform well.

I know what chairmen do, i'm not green! I just think our chairman was a little on the devious side.

20Would you have Allardyce back? Empty Re: Would you have Allardyce back? Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:26

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

y2johnny wrote:Well with the rumours of west ham being in for poyet at the end of season for manager would anyone welcome big sam back? i know the chances are very slim but what do people think? would they welcome him back?
I would welcome him back in a heart beat especially if fartside leaves as well!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum