Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The drinking thread.

+22
karlypants
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
waynagain
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Tigermin
Leeds_Trotter
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

91The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never been a fan of the Tetley/John Smith's Smooth as they just taste flat and they really are bitter.

I generally love IPA as it's a bit of an inbetween between lager and bitter.

92The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Just got back from Wigan V Salford, and I'll be celebrating with a Bishops Finger.

Surprisingly comfortable win for the Red Devils.

Sounds like you had a good time Bonce.

Hope you didn't suck on the Bishops finger too long! Razz

93The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never seen so many pies scoffed in 80 minutes. I made do with a bag of crisps.

94The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’ve gone sober for October Sad

Didn't you give up smoking for good?

You can't give up everything you like. I know it's for a month but even so unless it's for charity! Very Happy

Yes I did give up smoking for good. This is just a month off the booze to have a break from it. Not for charity either.

95The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Just a cup of tea for now but looking forward to my bedtime cup of Hot Chocolate 

Looking at this thread, how times have changed  Very Happy

It's nice to see an old face back Banksy! Smile

96The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Never seen so many pies scoffed in 80 minutes. I made do with a bag of crisps.

Salt and vinegar?

97The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
karlypants wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’ve gone sober for October Sad

Didn't you give up smoking for good?

You can't give up everything you like. I know it's for a month but even so unless it's for charity! Very Happy

Yes I did give up smoking for good.  This is just a month off the booze to have a break from it.  Not for charity either.

Don't blame you mate. Your liver will feel good.

98The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Never seen so many pies scoffed in 80 minutes. I made do with a bag of crisps.

Salt and vinegar?
Plain.

99The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Oct 04 2019, 23:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Salt and vinegar?
Plain.

I'm in stitches after reading that and looking at your avatar. Very Happy

100The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 10:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Salt and vinegar?
Plain.

I'm in stitches after reading that and looking at your avatar. Very Happy
I'm frequently in stitches KP. Very Happy

101The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 16:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just having a Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer.

It's very refreshing but not enough ginger in it for me like the Old Jamaica pop.

102The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 17:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Just having a Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer.

It's very refreshing but not enough ginger in it for me like the Old Jamaica pop.
Ginger beer needs to hurt your throat. In the old day's when Corona came round on Saturday night, dad used to get two big brown jugs full.
Our throats tickled for a good half hour after supping a glass.
Then Alpine came along and undercut Corona.
The drinking thread. - Page 6 CEQ6GDWWoAE6rQs

103The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 19:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just having a very nice IPA from the Wildcard brewery  :drinks:

104The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 20:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Just having a very nice IPA from the Wildcard brewery  :drinks:

I do enjoy IPA and other real ales. Far better than the usual lager shite from Carlesberg, Fosters and Carling.

I used to drink the Greene King IPA until they stopped serving that in the pub I frequent and then went on to Doombar.

Lidl had some bottled real ales in not so long back and I tried the J. W. Lees Manchester Pale Ale and that was a lovely beer that's worth trying.

105The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 20:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Just having a Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer.

Ginger beer needs to hurt your throat. In the old day's when Corona came round on Saturday night, dad used to get two big brown jugs full.
Our throats tickled for a good half hour after supping a glass.
Then Alpine came along and undercut Corona.
The drinking thread. - Page 6 CEQ6GDWWoAE6rQs

I was going to say that if it didn't give me heart burn after drinking it then it wasn't good enough. Very Happy

106The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Sat Oct 05 2019, 21:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would that truck have enough buttons KP? Very Happy

107The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Tue Oct 15 2019, 01:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brought a couple of bottles of Metaxa 7 star back from my cheeky week in Kos. It's by no means my favourite nightcap and yet somehow I always get into it when I go to Greece so it's more of a tradition than anything else. My liver seems to have a soft spot for it.

108The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Feb 11 2022, 19:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Popped in Lidl last week and saw a palette full of 18 packs of Corona. The bottles lager that is and not the virus so bought a box.

What a big mistake that was! InBev have now started brewing this stuff under license in the UK and it makes Carlsberg taste far superior.

It tastes like piss so one to avoid!

109The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Feb 11 2022, 19:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m on Blue Moon (Belgium White beer)

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Fri Feb 11 2022, 19:42; edited 1 time in total

110The drinking thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: The drinking thread. Fri Feb 11 2022, 19:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Popped in Lidl last week and saw a palette full of 18 packs of Corona. The bottles lager that is and not the virus so bought a box.

What a big mistake that was! InBev have now started brewing this stuff under license in the UK and it makes Carlsberg taste far superior.

It tastes like piss so one to avoid!
I'm sticking to Famous Grouse tonight. If nothing else, I'll sleep well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum