Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers?

+8
Reebok Trotter
WhiteBic
xmiles
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Thu Mar 28 2013, 16:02

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ok it's not quite what you said. Almost though....

I'm not interested in a "poacher" or a "natural goalscorer". I'd rather we played with a quick, mobile, skilful forward with 10 goals in him than a slow, virtually stationary 20 goaler.

Still nonsense.

Resign.

42Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Thu Mar 28 2013, 16:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Ok it's not quite what you said. Almost though....

I'm not interested in a "poacher" or a "natural goalscorer". I'd rather we played with a quick, mobile, skilful forward with 10 goals in him than a slow, virtually stationary 20 goaler.

Still nonsense.

Resign.

That's a shameful twist of words.

43Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Thu Mar 28 2013, 16:19

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Where's the twist? That's exactly what you said.

44Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Thu Mar 28 2013, 16:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It doesn't matter if they're quick or slow or if they're a "natural finisher" or not - if the game is played 40 yards from goal they're not going to get any chances.
So we might as well stick with what we've got until we sort out the back well enough to have the confidence to adopt a more aggressive system.

45Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Thu Mar 28 2013, 16:46

wanderlust wrote:It doesn't matter if they're quick or slow or if they're a "natural finisher" or not - if the game is played 40 yards from goal they're not going to get any chances.
So we might as well stick with what we've got until we sort out the back well enough to have the confidence to adopt a more aggressive system.

I agree, no matter who's playing up top we rarely make clear cut chances.

I think there's a range of problems with our midfield which hinders the strikers. Although the strikers don't help by not making good enough runs, there's rarely any running beyond the ball from midfield it's often too static and easy to defend, backs to goal stuff.

We need pace breaking from midfield, we don't have that from anybody at the moment.

46Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Fri Mar 29 2013, 10:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One striker should never be any deeper than the half way line IMO. It forces their defense to keep two players back and provides an out ball ....at least in theory.
Somebody like City or Spurs last season ....I can't remember who...but anyway they kept two players up on corners. The attacking team had to keep 3 or 4 players back and couldn't send their CB's into the box for the corner. New ideas?.....nope.....even BWFC used to keep forwards up front.....I'm talking in the 70' 80's etc.

47Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Are We Scared Of Goalscorers? Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You didn't disagree with the point about us playing deep thereby limiting striker chances, so I don't follow your logic. Unless you are saying that somehow, there's a place for a striker who won't get decent chances or help in some other way in this system. If so, what will this striker bring to the team if it isn't goals or workrate?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum