Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Wolves

+18
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Jingizu99
Sgt. Bash
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wanderlust
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 11:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What I can't fathom is the obvious poor quality in midfield ....surely pull back Holden & get Medo & Vela in there for starters. If you want bring Eaves back too .....do somat before it's too late.
You can't play like we have over the last three games and expect to win games. Chances are no changes for Wolves ....who are a better team than Hudderfield.......1-1 is all I can see.

22Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:14 points we need.

Wolves - 3 points.
Bristol city - 3 points.
Leicester - 1 point.
Middelsborough - 3 points.
Cardiff - 1 point.
Blackpool - 3 points.

There you go.

We have the worst away record in the league - why would we suddenly win at Bristol City (we never beat these bottom teams) and get a point at Cardiff & Leicester.

You are dreaming.

23Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 12:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bristol city are dogshit and bottom of the league, we'll win there.

Leicester have been and still are on a terrible run, we might even win there aswell.

Cardiff will be promoted before we play them, they'll take their foot off the gas.

24Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 12:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bristol 0. Bolton 5.

Leicester 1. Bolton 2.

Cardiff 2. Bolton 2.

Lets just focus on our home games.

25Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 13:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hammer blow for Wolves as Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is ruled out for season with broken leg

Wolves manager Dean Saunders has spoken of the "bitter blow" in losing Sylvan Ebanks-Blake to a broken leg for the remainder of the season.

And the popular top scorer -out of contract this summer- may now have played his last game for the club.

A scan has confirmed manager Saunders’ worst fears and Ebanks-Blake joins Carl Ikeme (hand), Dave Edwards (foot) and Bakary Sako (hamstring) in being ruled out of the relegation fight.

Ebanks-Blake suffered a broken fibula and a high ankle sprain following a challenge from Paul Robinson in Easter Monday’s victory over Blues at St Andrew’s.

Ebanks-Blake had earlier netted a brace to take his tally for the campaign to 15.

Ebanks-Blake said: “Obviously I’m bitterly disappointed to be missing the last five games but I’ll be right behind the lads.”

Manager Saunders added: “In the space of 16 days and three games we have lost three players with broken bones.

“Against Bristol City we had Carl Ikeme with a broken hand and Dave Edwards with a foot fracture, and now Sylvan. They are freak injuries and they are ones that we could well do without.

“It was a bitter blow for Sylvan on Monday and for the club too. But it gives someone else a chance.”

Saunders is likely to play Bjorn Sigurdarson alongside Kevin Doyle at Bolton with new boy Nouha Dicko a possible starter in midfield.

Kevin Foley and Adam Hammill are also pushing for starts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 13:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we have the quality to go up on merit, but we just might do it if we're lucky.
The "premiership quality" players in our squad (when playing to their full potential) are probably Mavies, Holden, maybe Lee, and after that I'm struggling to make a strong case for anyone else - maybe Alonso now. Mavies is out for months, Holden is struggling to regain his form and Lee is improving slowly but still not back to his best. Injuries have taken their toll and in that respect we've hardly been lucky. Maybe that is about to change, but to get into the playoffs is going to take a load of luck. To progress from there, even more.

27Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 13:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll have money to spend if we go up this summer, be interesting to see what DF could do with a bit of cash.

28Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 14:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll be lucky to get anything away at Leicester and Cardiff.

Maybe sneak a draw at Leicester.

Playoffs are beyond us IMO.

29Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 14:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think we'll be lucky to get anything away at Leicester and Cardiff.

Negative

30Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 14:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think we'll be lucky to get anything away at Leicester and Cardiff.

Is that taking into account the luck factor?

31Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:17

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another crap game. 2-1 bolton

32Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Thu Apr 04 2013, 21:27

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wolves will come and have a go, I think this could be a better game than v Huddersfield. Definitely won't be 0-0.

33Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Thu Apr 04 2013, 23:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

2-0 Bolton - Sords. Does anyone else think that SKD is unlikely to play much before the season ends? (Barring injury/suspension, of course)

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

34Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 08:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Wolves will want this a lot more, just can't see our players being up for it.

I pity the people who never got the chance to attend a Bolton/Wolves game in the 90's, there really was nothing like it in terms of atmosphere.

35Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 08:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think Wolves will want this a lot more, just can't see our players being up for it.

I pity the people who never got the chance to attend a Bolton/Wolves game in the 90's, there really was nothing like it in terms of atmosphere.
Remember one in (possibly) the final season at Burnden when the Wolves fans were snowballing Lofty who volleyed one back at the crowd and it all got messy.

36Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This will be a very tricky game, Wolves have won 3 on the bounce, even though they got lucky against Birmingham.

If we get complacent then I can't see anything but a Wolves win. Attack from the off IMO and kill the game off in the first half.

37Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves are another club who spent a fair bit of cash. Despite their injury list they've got some quality players who are starting to find a bit of form again. Hunt, Doyle and Sigurdarson can do a fair bit of damage if they're allowed to play. However, presumably Dougie knows all about them and has prepared the lads accordingly.

38Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 14:10

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wolves have had some good results recently, but I always fancy us at home against any team. We've knocked off Cardiff, Hull and Brighton at our place and we can grind out results the hard way these days.

I honestly thought that Doyle would be up there for the Golden boot at the end of the season but they've obviously been struggling.

If we can grab an early goal, I can see the pressure getting to the Wolves players and we can get a few goals in a short period of time.

I think N'gog has looked really off the pace these last few games. I'd be really temped to just have Sordell as the lone striker and bring Medo in for N'gog. There's only one striker who looks like scoring and I think 4-5-1 would suit us really well, and provide the right balance between attack and defence.

39Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 14:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are the predictions from the Wolves forum including one from a time-travelling and somewhat deluded Wanderer:
Bolton 0 - 0 Wanderers Siggy if we do score.
1-1 for me with Siggy.
Bolts 0-1 Wolves (Siggy)
I'll stick to my lucky forcast Notlob 2 Wolves 1 (Hunt)
With the news of SEB out for season, i think our good recent run will come to an
end, 2-1 Bolton, Johnson with the Wolves goal.
A lot of factors involved here. Bogey team, good form, not letting Hammill go to
them etc., but our tails are up and the rewards shown for a good team ethic
could spur us on to more good things.

I have a feeling about this one,
probably wrong, but I am going for:-

Bolt on 1 Wolves 2 with Hunt
first scorer again!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Our run can't keep going can it? No, not at our bogey venue, least
Burnden Park is no more Bolton 1 Wolves 0 (Dawson)
As Wokes metioned what seems like The Mother of all Bogey Teams for
us!...Trotters 2-2 The original and only Wanderers (Siggy)
1-3 Wolves.
Bolton 2 Wolves 0 Eagles
bolton 0 wolves 2
2-1 to Bolton
Fully expect (he lies) to see us Notch up the fifth victory that I will have
seen us achieve at Notlob ! 2-1 Siggy & DoyleB)
I think losing SEB is a blow too far. I also think Bolton are the form
team at the moment and dont have injuries. Bolton 2 - 1 Wolves
im going 1-2 wolves, get the feeling with seb out, siggy or a another is
going to shine.
1-0 to the super whites Mcginlay
So it sounds like "Siggy" is viewed as their major threat and Super John is our best hope.

40Bolton 2-0 Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Wolves Fri Apr 05 2013, 14:53

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton WANDERERS 2 Wolverhampton Hillbillies 1

Our away form isn't going to get us into the play-offs, so we need to make sure we maintain our current good home run.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum