Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will we make the play offs?

+11
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
observer
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been on various rival forums and we seem to be the team that they fear most. Saw a couple even saying we'd finish 4th!

22Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sun Apr 07 2013, 12:55

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we can make it, but we need to learn how to get points away from home very quickly!

23Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:50

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But we still need the teams above us to lose .....we can't presume that will happen. If we had two or three more games then I think we could do it. This Bristol game is the biggest of the season IMO .....we go in there with an attitude .....a display worthy of a promotion chasing team......do the usual.......we will be done.

24Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Forest are going to go on a bad patch soon IMO, it's going way too well for Davies at the moment, they really should have lost yesterday but got a penalty late on to snatch a point.

Leicester are the team I fear as I just think they have to start winning again sooner or later, as with Middlesborough.

25Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sun Apr 07 2013, 14:41

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:Forest are going to go on a bad patch soon IMO, it's going way too well for Davies at the moment, they really should have lost yesterday but got a penalty late on to snatch a point.

Leicester are the team I fear as I just think they have to start winning again sooner or later, as with Middlesborough.

Don't look up or down the table... just hope we continue our hot streak and learn to win on the road. If we win enough games, we don't have to worry about the others. It's good to be the hot team going into the playoffs... and may DF keep us that way.

26Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 17:50

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are finally in the play offs, who would have thought that after the defeat at Watford in early Feb? At that time we were 19 points behind Leicester, 18 points behind Palace, 13 behind Boro. It would be such a shame if we chucked it away now.

27Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 17:58

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, it's been a great turnaround. What a job Freedman has done.

28Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"long" time to go yet, and sadly some very hard games.

but when you look at where we've come from to get this close its some achievement.

29Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

6 more wins on the bounce and we are at Wembley..... Just saying. Very Happy

30Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 19:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7 more wins and we are a premier league team once again.

31Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 21:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From LTLF, a Forest forum:

Ok, lets get things into perspective, today was always going to be a huge test and to be fair even when we went behind I was feeling confident before the sending off. Where do you think we will finish and on how many point?

M'Boro 0-2 Forest
Leic 1-0 Bolton
P'Boro 2-1 Brighton

I think we can beat Boro as they have been woeful recently and although their home form has been OK they have nothing to play for. Peterborough had a good win today and are scrapping for their lives and I think Leic will finally get a win as Bolton are rubbish away from home apart from against the bottom team of course.

Forest 3-0 Barnsley
Bolton 2-1 M'Boro
Brighton 1 -1 B'Pool
Palace 1-1 Leicester

Brighton may well beat Blackpool but as we found out last week they are a tough nut to crack with Ince playing defensively. We simply have to beat Barnsley and can't see Bolton dropping points to M'Boro.

Leic 2-1 Watford
Millwall 1-0 Forest
Cardiff 2-0 Bolton
Leeds 3 -1 Brighton

Watford have slipped recently so can see Leicester beating them, I think Cardiff will want to end their home season in style at home to Bolton, Leeds are still decent at home but I fear we will lose at the Den although would love to be proved wrong.

Forest 2-1 Leic
Bolton 2-1 Blackpool
Brighton 1-1 Wolves

Wolves will prob have to win their final game to stay up so can see them getting something from Amex, Bolton will prob just scrape past B'Pool and I think we will sneak a win at home to the bin dippers.

Forest 72 points
Bolton 69 points
Leicester 68 points
Brighton 67 points

Let's be honest this is the championship so anything can happen, this week will no doubt tell a lot but I am still confident and I think this defeat will give us the kick up the backside we require.

32Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 22:37

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes

33Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 22:43

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was going to list all the fixtures and give my expert assessment on how form might go but seem as this is the Championship and the league is entirely predictable and I can't be arsed with all the typing, I decided not to bother.

Avoiding defeat at Leicester is key, I think we need 7 points from the remaining games if we get at least 1 at the Foxes.

34Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 23:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Win our home games and get something from either away games and we will be on atleast 70 points, which I expect to be enough, just!

35Will we make the play offs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we make the play offs? Sat Apr 13 2013, 23:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we make it or not, the last few months of this season have sure been exciting.

Better than being in a relegation scrap IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum