Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent

+20
boltonbonce
Spirit of 58
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
waynagain
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
gloswhite
Triumph
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
summercummings
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Mon May 12 2014, 18:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rolf wrote a grovelling apology to one of the victims parents which smells to me of an admission of guilt.

That other dirty bastard, Stuart Hall has got some front. He's charged with over twenty rapes of two young girls aged between ten and fourteen. He denies the rapes but admits to having consensual sex with both girls. How the hell does that work? He was forty three when the first offence took place and should have known better.

82Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Mon Jun 30 2014, 19:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Veteran entertainer Rolf Harris saw his decades in the spotlight end in disgrace today as he was found guilty of a string of indecent assaults.

The 84-year-old, once a much-loved artist and musician, was unanimously convicted at Southwark Crown Court of 12 sex charges involving four women, most while they were underage.

His army of supporters, including suited security guards and representatives from PR giant Bell Pottinger who attended every day of the eight-week trial, could do nothing to change the verdict of the jury of six men and six women, who had deliberated for eight days.

Once seen by a UK audience as a national treasure, Harris had enjoyed years of success, netting him a multi-million pound fortune and the chance to paint the Queen.

But the downfall of an entertainer who was part of millions of British childhoods came today, as Harris became the biggest scalp claimed by detectives from high profile sex crime investigation Operation Yewtree, their second conviction after PR guru Max Clifford.

Dozens more alleged victims have come forward during the trial, including several in Australia, and Scotland Yard has been in touch with their counterparts in the Australian police, but it is not yet clear whether they are pursuing any investigation in Harris's home country.

The NSPCC said it has received 28 calls relating to Harris to date, involving 13 people who claim they fell prey to the performer.

Harris, who will be stripped of his BAFTA in the wake of his conviction and could face losing his prestigious CBE, remained impassive as the forewoman delivered the damning verdicts.

He was convicted of groping one woman when she was seven or eight, another two as teenagers and a catalogue of abuse against his daughter's then best friend.

During the trial, the court also heard from six other women who claim they were groped by Harris while abroad.

His daughter Bindi held hands with a fellow supporter, and wife Alwen and niece Jenny also watched from the public gallery as his fate was sealed.

Bindi was later seen crying in a waiting area outside the court, embracing her father's publicist.

The performer was released on bail until Friday when he will be sentenced and could face jail.

Mr Justice Sweeney warned the octogenarian: "In reality given the conviction on all 12 counts it is inevitable that the type of sentence that is uppermost in the court's mind is a custodial sentence and he must understand that."

After the verdicts, Harris walked slowly away from the building, with an emotional Alwen and Bindi by his side.

The family was flanked by three security guards as they faced a throng of international media.

The former family favourite remained silent in the face of continuous questions, cutting a dejected and downbeat figure.

Detective Chief Inspector Mick Orchard said: "Rolf Harris has habitually denied any wrong doing, forcing his victims to recount their ordeal in public.

"He committed many offences in plain sight of people as he thought his celebrity status placed him above the law."

Jenny Hopkins, Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor for the CPS in London, called Harris "a man acting without fear of the consequences".

She said: "Rolf Harris used his status and position as a world famous children's entertainer to sexually assault young girls over a period spanning 18 years."

83Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Mon Jun 30 2014, 21:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Perhaps if he hadn't lied and pleaded guilty and therefore not put his victims through all the stress of the trial he would have been lined up for a lesser sentence than seems likely is coming his way?
There is only himself that knows the truth  for sure here but from where I'm stood Rolf's didgerido should be cut in half with one piece shoved up a back passage and the other piece placed in a protein inlet. Both should be suitably retained by an adhesive and he should then be asked to sing "Stairway To Heaven" to be considered for leniency in the time served. 
Perhaps Percy Plant can be the judge of the day on Friday with Little Jimmy as the Court Clerk? :like:

84Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Mon Jun 30 2014, 22:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has been reported that since the start of the Rolf Harris trial the police have received a further 28 complaints regarding his conduct, only 17 of which were committed in the UK.

There are no doubt 11 victims/complainants in Australia which the UK police have no jurisdiction over. One thing that came out today in court, which was quite interesting, was that the offences spanned the 60's, 70's and 80's.  Rolf is 84. The only real conclusion is that the dirty bastard has been at it for years. Expect more revelations after his sentencing on Friday.

85Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Tue Jul 01 2014, 06:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dirty Bastard, never trust anyone.

86Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Tue Jul 01 2014, 13:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Grew up watching Rolf. Who's next,Sooty? It couldn't be..........no,that would be too tragic,particularly for me! Shocked

87Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Tue Jul 01 2014, 18:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When did Nats change her profile photo to Heather Locklear, during her TJ Hooker days?  Locklear was a pin-up of mine!!!!  (big admission!!!!)

88Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Tue Jul 01 2014, 18:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Dirty Bastard, never trust anyone.

Apart from your mother and John Wayne.

89Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 11:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In this context, has anyone got any information about a Peter Nightingale who was a teacher at Bolton School on Chorley New Road, and went on to become a physio at Bolton Wanderers? Did any of you come across him or know what happened to him after his time at BW (or why he left the club)?

90Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter Nightingale used to run the schools programme, when they used to invite primary schools to send their best players, i went to the training sessions for about a year but didn't get signed up.

He always seemed ok to me , what have you heard about him?

91Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 13:43

Careful, lads.

Libel laws and all that.......

92Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 13:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry, what has he alledgedly been up to?  Very Happy

93Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 13:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Dirty Bastard, never trust anyone.

Apart from your mother and John Wayne.
Never trust John Wayne. No

94Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 17:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:In this context, has anyone got any information about a Peter Nightingale who was a teacher at Bolton School on Chorley New Road, and went on to become a physio at Bolton Wanderers? Did any of you come across him or know what happened to him after his time at BW (or why he left the club)?

I can't say I recall the name. Didn't he once sing in Berkeley Square?

95Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Wed Jul 02 2014, 22:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, I know it's important to take care over libel laws, but I just wondered if anyone had information which could be added to what has been reported..........

96Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Thu Jul 03 2014, 11:13

I'm sure that name rings a bell from my time as a youth cricketer at Heaton.

I may be wrong though, as it was a long time ago.

97Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Thu Jul 03 2014, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can't find any reports about him, come on Okocha spill the beans! As i said he always seemed like a nice bloke from the time i spent training at Bolton as a 10/11 year old

98Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Thu Jul 03 2014, 21:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next weeks episode of Animal Hospital where Rolf explains how to handle a young beaver, has apparently been cancelled.

99Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Thu Jul 03 2014, 22:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It also contained advice on handling a cockatoo.

100Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent - Page 5 Empty Re: Rolf Harris Isn't Innocent Fri Jul 04 2014, 18:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banged up for 5 years and 9months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum