Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unlucky Thirteen.

+6
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Mon Feb 20 2012, 21:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Spot-on lofty

42Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Mon Feb 20 2012, 22:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:
All players, even strikers must be team players, hence the reason why, even with his awesome first touch and shooting ability Berbatov was never Utds first choice, and I think it applies even more to a team like us.

Ruud Van Nistlerooy is another good example. Everyone thought Ferguson was mad selling him but it's been mainly all up hill for United since they ditched him for nippier forwards to partner Rooney like Saha, Tevez and most recently Hernandez.

43Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Tue Feb 21 2012, 09:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:going off the view that if he scores more that the others then play him then that would mean Eagles is a must for every game as well, being our second top scorer....

All players, even strikers must be team players, hence the reason why, even with his awesome first touch and shooting ability Berbatov was never Utds first choice, and I think it applies even more to a team like us.

Klasnic scores, but only in two games (I think) this season in which he has scored have we won, Stoke and QPR, and lets be honest they weren't exactly close games, got to say I think N'gog could of had goals in these (except Klasnics clever quick free kick was good thinking to be fair to him), all the others have been consolation goals except for the 2-2 Macclesfield game.

N'gogs 3 goals have been more important, i.e. the 1-2 'must win' game over Everton, these are the type of games where Klasnic does not shine, especially for 90 mins.

Both players have very different attributes, but personally I think N'gog suites the 4-5-1 we need to play better than Ivan does, I do like Ivan, but hes an impact sub, not a starter

All this would be fine if we had other players who could chip in with a few goals. We don't. We should have our leading scorer on the pitch and find a way to get the best out of him.

44Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Tue Feb 21 2012, 10:18

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I disagree, I think the team as a whole has good scoring capabilities, out of the first team I can only think of Knight who hasn't scored (yeh ok and Bogdan), and he will hopefully get replaced by Ream, just because we dont have one single Demba Ba type goal scorer doesnt mean we cant score, personally I would rather goals be a team effort than one player holding up the whole squad, they would just be sold or injured anyway knowing us.

The amount of goals we score isnt the issue, we do score goals, we've scored as many goals this season as Liverpool, our issue is that we let in too many.

45Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Tue Feb 21 2012, 10:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

The amount of goals we score isnt the issue, we do score goals, we've scored as many goals this season as Liverpool, our issue is that we let in too many.

True, but when your defence is so poor you need strikers on the pitch who can score goals.

Be honest, when we go 1-0 down do you think that's game over. I do.

46Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Tue Feb 21 2012, 10:31

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ha, yeh I probably do to be honest, but I just see that as more of a reason to not let them get that first goal instead of just trying to outscore them, its alot more risky trying to just smash in loads of goals. And going to other way, when we go 1-0 up I get very confident that we will win, when playing the 4-5-1 way we have been so much stronger, Coyle made a massive mistake at the Wigan game, and it showed we need to be more defensive, ok the 4-5-1 wasnt working great at the Norwich game before he changed it, so I can see why he took the risk, even though we lost, but Norwich are a far better team than anyone seems to give them credit for and winning away to them was never going to be easy.... anyway, back on to topic

that was basically our tactic first half of last season and resulted in lots of win and exciting scorelines but when we lost our key players and people went a bit of form it didnt work anymore, the goals stopped but we kept conceding, we need something that can be solid despite injury's or a striker bad form.

47Unlucky Thirteen. - Page 3 Empty Re: Unlucky Thirteen. Tue Feb 21 2012, 10:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That's the biggest problem we have had under Coyle and Stoke at Wembley was the best example.

As soon as the team we play scores I have no confidence what so ever we will get it back and go on and win it, the Everton one a few weeks back was a freak one, even Moyes said everton played the worst he had seen since he took over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum