Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest 3-0 Bolton

+20
kennster
Banks of the Croal
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
frankboy
gloswhite
Norpig
chipbutty
Hipster_Nebula
waynagain
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
NickFazer
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 00:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunaley I will have to agree with Nat on this one..... 3-1 at best.  

And my usual statement .... no evidence has been provided that we can go there and do much of anything. I keep hoping that I will be proved wrong .....and this would be a good one to start.

22Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 01:03

terenceanne wrote:Unfortunaley I will have to agree with Nat on this one..... 3-1 at best.  

And my usual statement .... no evidence has been provided that we can go there and do much of anything. I keep hoping that I will be proved wrong .....and this would be a good one to start.
Does the fact you're both yet to guess a correct result so far not count then?

23Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 01:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At the minute, we're looking hard to beat. It wouldn't be enough come May, but it's a starting point. Lots of teams will win a fair few of the opening matches and be struggling near the bottom at the end of the season. Equally, some will struggle to get going at first, but look like serious contenders for promotion in the end.
I'd rather we'd got two draws where there were encouraging signs of a developing side, than two wins where we basically just got lucky.

I don't think anybody can deny Dougie's selections and decisions have often been eyebrow-raising. That said, the fitness and organisation of the team has improved. I think once he starts picking the right teams, we'll be a real force. 4-5-1 is pretty poor for this squad. We have some great forwards for this level. Use them. Playing Chungy is a sole wide player won't get us anywhere. Ditch that.

From my point of view, this team could get us promoted:

Lonergan

Baptiste Wheater Knight Tierney

Lee Spearing Medo Eagles

Ngog Beckford

24Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 01:56

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:At the minute, we're looking hard to beat. It wouldn't be enough come May, but it's a starting point. Lots of teams will win a fair few of the opening matches and be struggling near the bottom at the end of the season. Equally, some will struggle to get going at first, but look like serious contenders for promotion in the end.
I'd rather we'd got two draws where there were encouraging signs of a developing side, than two wins where we basically just got lucky.

I don't think anybody can deny Dougie's selections and decisions have often been eyebrow-raising. That said, the fitness and organisation of the team has improved. I think once he starts picking the right teams, we'll be a real force. 4-5-1 is pretty poor for this squad. We have some great forwards for this level. Use them. Playing Chungy is a sole wide player won't get us anywhere. Ditch that.

Lonergan

Lee Spearing Medo Eagles

Ngog Beckford
So, we'll get promoted without our leading goalscorer and a striker who can't last 90 minutes?

25Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 02:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

waynagain wrote:
doffcocker wrote:At the minute, we're looking hard to beat. It wouldn't be enough come May, but it's a starting point. Lots of teams will win a fair few of the opening matches and be struggling near the bottom at the end of the season. Equally, some will struggle to get going at first, but look like serious contenders for promotion in the end.

Lonergan

Lee Spearing Medo Eagles

Ngog Beckford
So, we'll get promoted without our leading goalscorer and a striker who can't last 90 minutes?
I think you'd have to be an idiot to justify somebody's place in the side for the season on the basis that he's our leading goalscorer after two matches. I envisage Pratley proving useful like various players I've not included but he's not close to Spearing or Medo in terms of overall quality.

As for the striker "who can't last 90 minutes"...who are you talking about? And on what basis is your idea that he's not capable of playing a full match?

26Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 08:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

As for the striker "who can't last 90 minutes"...who are you talking about? And on what basis is your idea that he's not capable of playing a full match?
He's talking about Ngog who has only played until the final whistle 3 times in over a year.

27Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 11:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough tough game.

Another draw would be a great result.

28Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 11:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Unfortunaley I will have to agree with Nat on this one..... 3-1 at best.  

I'll take it you are predicting a total turnaround and a good 'ol thrashing of those poor plonkers Forest?

29Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 11:46

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I'll take it you are predicting a total turnaround and a good 'ol thrashing of those poor plonkers Forest?
I never predict results for my own team, but in fairness to you predicting a loss at Forest isn't particularly negative they're a good side and we'll do well to get a result.

Just think it's worth pointing out that you've been proven wrong 3 out of 3 times so far, and most of the time last season. If yours and Nats predictions were anything to go by we'd have been relegated by January last year.

30Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 14:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
He's talking about Ngog who has only played until the final whistle 3 times in over a year.
Will you please stop squeezing statistics from your rear end.

He's often been replaced before full time so as to a ) rotate between other very capable players and b ) revert from one formation to another. Either way, it's often been unjust.

So the idea that he isn't able to play 90 minutes at a time isn't accurate.

31Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Tue Aug 13 2013, 14:42

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I was actually talking about Beckford.

32Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I never predict results for my own team, but in fairness to you predicting a loss at Forest isn't particularly negative they're a good side and we'll do well to get a result.

Just think it's worth pointing out that you've been proven wrong 3 out of 3 times so far, and most of the time last season. If yours and Nats predictions were anything to go by we'd have been relegated by January last year.
I predicted a 3-1 win against Reading......Suspect  can't see how that was negative.......  as for last season we were well on target for relegation until Doogie came in.
I can't see how much of a stretch it is to see us getting hammered by Forest away.

33Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 14:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard Forest has spent some cash, anyone know if they'll be up there for promotion or not ?

Someone said they've a good team today when I was making a Hebrew.

34Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 15:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does anybody remember Freedman playing for Forest? Scored them 9 goals in the Prem, 23 in total.

35Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 18:13

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:Does anybody remember Freedman playing for Forest? Scored them 9 goals in the Prem, 23 in total.
No I don't, but I do remember them being successful in Europe

36Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Will you please stop squeezing statistics from your rear end.

He's often been replaced before full time so as to a ) rotate between other very capable players and b ) revert from one formation to another. Either way, it's often been unjust.

So the idea that he isn't able to play 90 minutes at a time isn't accurate.
It was a true stat. He's lasted 90 minutes just 3 times.

Good players don't get taken off every week, it really is that simple.

37Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
It was a true stat.
It isn't.

See for yourself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

38Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Does anybody remember Freedman playing for Forest? Scored them 9 goals in the Prem, 23 in total.
Are you talking Bollocks yet again ?

39Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll shit forest tomorrow.

40Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Are you talking Bollocks yet again ?
Have I offended you Scott?

You're being a right bitch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum