Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest 3-0 Bolton

+20
kennster
Banks of the Croal
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
frankboy
gloswhite
Norpig
chipbutty
Hipster_Nebula
waynagain
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
NickFazer
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 17:46

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wasted £30 in the pub watching that load of Shite.

Worst second half peromance I can remember in a fucking long while

62Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This whole playing for a point is absolute bollocks, never play for a point it just never works as it showed today.

Dougie knows as well as anyone that our defenders are average and we will always concede if we are playing Barcelona or Barnet so why try not attacking the bastards instead of sitting back for the whole game when he knows we will at least let 1 goal in.

A defeat next week and trust me the bedsheets will be out in force, potential to be 10 points off the top with 4 games played is unacceptable.

63Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:22

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

How does Freedman seriously expect us to get promoted when he doesn't try to win games? If your a side fighting for Promotion/Play-Offs then you must win away games and not just rely on your home form.

When it comes to the players our squad lacks any sort of creativity or at times any sort of attacking threat which is creating a constant pressure on the defence as we can't create an attack and we get to the half way line and lose the ball.

He's even beginning to pick up the Coyle bug of picking players no matter how shite they played in the previous game.

Why play Chungy when Odelusi is full of confidence?
Why play Knight and Wheater together when they simply aren't a good partnership?

They've got good deals on bedsheets at Home Bargains.

64Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hopefully we'll hear from him soon enough.

65Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:26

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If he takes a positive from the game then I'll be off to B&Q for pitchforks.

66Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:This whole playing for a point is absolute bollocks, never play for a point it just never works as it showed today.
This.

My biggest fear this season was Dougie ditching the basic 4-4-2 that gave us a chance last season in favour of the negative trash he originally played that dragged us closer to the relegation area.

I don't get it.

67Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:

They've got good deals on bedsheets at Home Bargains.
I bought mine from M&S, just finished my 'FREEDMAN OUT' bedsheet written in cat blood.

68Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well from what I can tell he's taken at least one positive from todays game.

69Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:

He's even beginning to pick up the Coyle bug of picking players no matter how shite they played in the previous game.

This is a trap all struggling managers fall into.

They'd rather keep picking the same old shite that might have done ok one season, than try someone younger with less experience.

Knight, Lee & even Medo have done nothing to justify their roles.

70Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:39

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Saturday evening in the Freedman household :-

Dougie arrives back and leaves the Bentley Continental parked in the (100yd) drive.
Mrs.  Freedman is waiting for him with a nice cup of warm milk.
"Come and sit down love, you must be tired" she say's. "Well I am a bit but I'll be ok shortly"
"How did go today" continues Mrs. Freedman, "Well" say's 'The Douglas' "The ref was a homer and we should have had ten penalties and we were just unlucky".
"Well never mind love you're home now. Finish your milk and I'll set up the Stubbutio" (spelling) she say's. "Oh good I've been looking forward to this all day, but I want to be Airderonions this time" say's Doug, "ok" say's his wife I'll be Ayr United".

And so the wheel turns and life goes on.

71Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 18:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol! 

72Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 20:13

Poor game today, first half was reasonably even and I fancied us to nick a point but we shot ourselves in the foot straight after the break and from there the match was lost and it was all Forest.

I had no problem with the line up, aside from C Davies it's exactly what I'd have chose 4-2-3-1, the main problem today was the 3. Both Lee and Hall were poor (particularly Lee), neither gave us any width as both insisted on tucking in as we moved forward. Lee has lost all pace/confidence it seems, whenever he received the ball he was turning back, the one time he tried to take on a man he was easily shrugged off it. 

Pratley was obviously the man to try and link up play going forward, and as much as I like his effort he's clearly not that sort of player, we're really missing a player to get a ball in behind or spread passes about. Pratley's ban could be a blessing in disguise to give Moritz a chance to prove himself. The game passed Spearing by IMO,  Medo worked hard and was our MOTM IMO (although he didn't have much competition). My main issue with them is that one of them needed to get closer to Andy Reid and Guedioura throughout, they ran the game for Forest.

Need to see the highlights to be fair because it was hard to judge from where I was sitting, but clearly not a good day for the back 4.

Need to pick ourselves up and beat QPR now, my biggest worry is if the idiots try and get Dougie out. Near me was this mess of a man, clearly pissed off his face shouting Freedman out for the last 20 minutes of the game, he took some abuse off the rest of the crowd for it but he was deadly serious. When asked who we should replace him with, he answered 'I'd take Paul Jewell' :good:

73Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 20:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Come and support Chelsea with me. Supporting bolton has just been depressing as hell ever since big Sam left.

74Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sat Aug 17 2013, 21:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
I had no problem with the line up, aside from C Davies it's exactly what I'd have chose 4-2-3-1, the main problem today was the 3. Both Lee and Hall were poor (particularly Lee), neither gave us any width as both insisted on tucking in as we moved forward. Lee has lost all pace/confidence it seems, whenever he received the ball he was turning back, the one time he tried to take on a man he was easily shrugged off it. 

:
4-2-3-1 only works if you have a good 3. We don't. I don't think anyone can say Lee deserves his place right now, he has been truly shite.

There's no point persevering with a system that doesn't suit the players. A good manager knows when it's not working and tries something else.

Coyle stuck to the same formation/tactics for 95% of the season, unfortunately it seems Freedman is another manager who is afraid to say he was wrong.

75Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sun Aug 18 2013, 08:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dawson isn't coming back, he was on the bench for WBA yesterday so is nearer to their first team now than he was last season. I can't see Clarke letting him go.

76Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sun Aug 18 2013, 10:25

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

:
4-2-3-1 only works if you have a good 3. We don't. I don't think anyone can say Lee deserves his place right now, he has been truly shite.

There's no point persevering with a system that doesn't suit the players. A good manager knows when it's not working and tries something else.

Coyle stuck to the same formation/tactics for 95% of the season, unfortunately it seems Freedman is another manager who is afraid to say he was wrong.
That's all true, but ditching a formation after one disastrous day isn't necessarily the way to go. He played 2 up front against Reading, he does vary it up but I can see why he's hesitant away to a team like Forest, we're still soft at the back.

77Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sun Aug 18 2013, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we have shortcomings all over the park, but those players could be good enough if we had some genuine class in the middle stringing it together as BWFC and others suggest. Not so long ago, Holden and Mavies showed enough of that to inspire those around them but they're not around and Pratley, who played well in the first 2 games was trying to get the job done with the required effort but not with enough finesse to scare the opposition.
Footie is a confidence game, and it's amazing the effect a killer pass or coherent move can have on the opposition as well as our own players. Confidence works like scales - as one team gains it, the other loses it. We need someone with the ability to tip the scales in our favour more often. Not sure Moritz is the man to do that but I guess we have to give him a shot at it.
The margins between fear and confidence are small. Bournemouth: trounced 6 - 1 one week, beat Wigan the next.  We have a few things to work on as a team that currently looks mid table at best but I genuinely believe that it doesn't require wholesale change to become contenders again - we just need more creativity and that will turn our average players into a competitive side and I hope Dougie gets that and does something about it as he's starting to get on my tits a bit now.

78Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sun Aug 18 2013, 11:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The formation isn't the problem.

and i certainly didn't get the impression we were "playing for a draw" in the first half.

time to face facts, on the small amount of evidence so far, we lack defensive organisation and are completely devoid of creative personnel.

79Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sun Aug 18 2013, 11:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need Moritz to come in and provide that creative spark that is so obviously missing at the moment, with Pratley banned for the next game he should start.

80Forest 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest 3-0 Bolton Sun Aug 18 2013, 12:40

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Setting up to be cautious away from home is fine, no problem with that as long as you have a plan to counter attack, when it became obvious we were carrying no threat whatsoever the plan should have changed. Davies and later Beckford got no assistance at all, Lee was bobbins and has been for ages, Hall looks to have more about him and should be picked in front of Lee, in fact I should be picked in front of Lee. I could more easily accept losing by three if we had been pouring forward looking to get a goal back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum