Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we be fighting in Syria?

+20
okocha
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
doffcocker
Tigermin
mark leach
kennster
Angry Dad
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
scottjames30
rammywhite
waynagain
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

101Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:36

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can't criticise Blair's willingness to support intervention abroad (backed at the time by all parties here and by other countries too), but also now praise Cameron for arguing for the same sort of intervention.

Similarly, it is hypocritical to criticise Iran's build-up of nuclear weapons whilst supporting the renewal of Trident here.

102Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:

Similarly, it is hypocritical to criticise Iran's build-up of nuclear weapons whilst supporting the renewal of Trident here.

Nuclear weapons are safer in our hands.

103Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bomb discovered in Germany.

Wonder who will be behind this.

104Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i did think that boots on the ground would be the only way to get rid of IS but now i'm not so sure now. Going to war would only encourage more to join and die a martyrs death not only there but over here as well

105Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:57

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:

Nuclear weapons are safer in our hands.
But you can't expect Iran or others to give up their weapons whilst we renew ours.......
And what use are nuclear weapons in circumstances such as last Friday's?

Spend the money saved instead on improving conventional security against much more likely forms of attack, and on bolstering public services without which our country is just a shadow of what it should stand for.

Last edited by okocha on Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:05; edited 1 time in total

106Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bomb discovered in Germany.

Bomb? Has it been identified now?

107Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
But you can't expect Iran or others to give up their weapons whilst we renew ours.......

Of course you can. It's how the strong stay strong.

I didn't take money off kids at school because I was skint, I did it to make sure I was always top dog and they knew it.

108Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bomb discovered in Germany.

Bomb? Has it been identified now?

I'm reading that an "ambulance packed with explosives" was found but how credible that is not sure. Also a threat at a nearby concert.

109Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm reading that an "ambulance packed with explosives" was found but how credible that is not sure. Also a threat at a nearby concert.

Seriously, stop posting Twitter bollocks.

110Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be but seems to be coming from Journalists in the area but not confirmed.

111Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:04

Soul Kitchen wrote:We need to get Jeremy over there face to face with Daesh. He seems to know what to do by saying this and that without coming out with his secret plan?
It's very easy to oppose everything in the comfort of the fact that nothing will affect you personally, just as it is for Camoron to spout his meaningless bullshit about what he wants to do, at the cost of cutting services at home.

Corbyns plan is no secret, in fact it's the same as many on here have mentioned. Cut off the supply of support and funding to IS through Saudi Arabia and the other nations supporting them behind the scenes.

112Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:

Of course you can. It's how the strong stay strong.

I didn't take money off kids at school because I was skint, I did it to make sure I was always top dog and they knew it.
That's a pretty unpleasant admission.......if you mean it.....

113Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat should have had her head flushed in the loo a bit more often.

114Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Two words. Tactical nuke
Won't it be a bit of an own goal if you nuke Leeds Boggers? 

Not that keen on Yorkshire in general, but there's likely to be collateral damage if you shit in your own back yard.

115Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy. You're oversimplifying the Muslim sects thing. BTW Russia are propping up the Alawites in Syria even though they're only 15% of the population so that will piss off Iran.

116Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:We need to get Jeremy over there face to face with Daesh. He seems to know what to do by saying this and that without coming out with his secret plan?
It's very easy to oppose everything in the comfort of the fact that nothing will affect you personally, just as it is for Camoron to spout his meaningless bullshit about what he wants to do, at the cost of cutting services at home.

Cut off the supply of support and funding to IS through Saudi Arabia and the other nations supporting them behind the scenes.
Good luck with your expectations.

117Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:39

I haven't told you my expectations I've told you what Corbyn's policy is - as you claimed it was a secret.

Is that clear enough?

118Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Seriously, stop posting Twitter bollocks.
This is now reported in the Telegraph.

119Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:21

If the Telegraph are saying it we can safely assume it's complete and utter bollocks then.

120Should we be fighting in Syria? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we be fighting in Syria? Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If the Telegraph are saying it we can safely assume it's complete and utter bollocks then.
And here's me thinking that I had upgraded my life from the Daily Mail! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum