Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labour would freeze energy prices.

+15
Banks of the Croal
Alf Hooker
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
WhiteBic
doffcocker
Angry Dad
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Mr Magoo
karlypants
bwfc71
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Fri Oct 11 2013, 17:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
The greater good? You said yourself that necessary services have been stopped/reduced. It doesn't take brains to reduce a deficit. Spending nothing at all would do the trick. The real skill is in making cutbacks without throttling the economy and making ordinary decent folk compromise to foot a bill they didn't run up.

I don't agree with a lot of the things they have done, and as Karlypants says above, foreign aid should have been the first cut made.

You say it takes no brains to reduce a deficit - you may be right, but clearly Labour had no brains as their way out of it was to keep spending.
I think people are so taken in by the racket over the deficit that any reduction is championed, regardless of what/who suffers as a result.

Anybody could have got in after Labour, cut this that and the other and brought the deficit right down. The reality remains that spending money is very much part of making/saving money. Half a million people from the public sector out of work is money saved in the form of salaries, but it's money lost due to unemployment and people ceasing to put cash into the economy.

All this government has done is start to solve one problem by opening the door to a load of others, blaming all they can on the people at the bottom, not the greedy bastards at the top.

42Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Fri Oct 11 2013, 23:49

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The problem I have with Labour is the leadership, I think Milliband would shit his self under the pressure of government.

Hate Cameron and his Cronies,  so I go with the flow nowadays and hope it doesn't hurt too much.

43Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Sat Oct 12 2013, 13:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:The Tories are leading us out of the recession caused by Labour.
No they are not - in fact it wouldn't matter who is in charge, to be fair, as what is happening is that people are having to buy to replace things - remember we have been in the depression for almost 8 years so things do need replacing.

Also its not the Tories that are in charge but a coalition of the Tories and the Whigs!

44Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Sat Oct 12 2013, 13:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fuck it... 

Im going to vote UKIP and see what happens. 

Lets be honest, Life cant be much worse under farage and his mob than it can under red or blue. 

At least they seem to care about Britain as a county and will look after our interests instead of the interests of Europe especially the former eastern-bloc countries. 

Leaving the EU will bring industry back to blighty and create jobs. 

Making sure people who want to come and live here have skills we need and money to live on, including no NHS treatment for 3 years. 

And invest in Nuclear power instead of pissing around with fucking wind farms and the like...
Why does Farage pronounce his name as though it is French?

How do you think UKIP will pay for everything it wants - coming out of the EU is supposedly going to save money (but see further down as to why it may not) but for UKIP to implement all that it wants will cost over 3 times that saving - so where is the money going to come from??? Higher taxation? Higher VAT? Higher duty? Or even worse cost-cutting, selling the family jewels (whatever is left)?, selling the gold cheaply?

Leaving the EU will mean we cannot afford to give discounts when trying to gain contracts from overseas and as such prices WILL go up and we, effectively, will not be as competitive as mot other trading blocs. Also as is the modern world individual countries very rarely deal with other individual countries and prefer trading with the blocs as it is far more cost effective.

It won't brings jobs back to the country as the Multi-international companies will find it cheaper to move to the EU bloc rather stay in the UK - again its about cost and its more cost effective to be in the EU!

The US only deals with other trading blocs and not with individual countries, and the same applies with China, Oceanic trading bloc (Aus, NZ) and the Far Eastern bloc (Japan, Taiwan, Korea, etc) so who does that leave the Uk to trade with - African nations (Mugabe anyone????) The Commonwealth (of which there are only 3 "rich" nations that can afford to trade out of the 70+ nations!)

And before you say well Sweden, Switzerland etc etc etc aare all successful with not being in the EU - try reading up on it - they actually DO pay into the EU, just as much as we do, and get even less back. Switzerland primarily pays for the Schengen agreement, whilst the other European non-EU pay or the trading and visitation agreements (i.e. so Visas do not have to be obtained to travel through the EU)

What about investing in our people to build up the skills matrix rather than bringing people over??? Again this is the fault of Westminster and not the EU - would that change under UKIP???

What is so wrong in using the NHS as a foreigner? If anything the hospital and doctors already have the power to charge but do not due to the size of the red-tape so why blame foreigners for free treatment - Westminster is to blame for the high red tape! Will that change under UKIP?

Everything that UKIP states is only touching the surface as there is no detail, no statistics and no true resolution!

One final thing, if we did leave the EU who would people be blaming for anything that would go wrong???

The EU has given a hell of a lot of good which has never been advertised but instead people believe the scare-mongering press such as the Daily Fail which has to print an apology about its EU lies at least once a week!!!

45Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Sat Oct 12 2013, 17:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm just in the process of changing over my Gas & Electric from Eon to Marks and Spencer energy. Our last combined quarterly bill with Eon was well over £500 which I thought was very expensive, I've read good reviews recently on Marks and Spencer's energy, so I thought I'd give it a try.

You can just type in your post code and they give you an estimate on your annual bill. Providing, it's reasonably accurate, we should save a couple of hundred a year at least.

http://www.mandsenergy.com/products-and-services/?gclid=CIzlua3XkboCFQTHtAodTiMA7g

46Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 17:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth, how did you go on with M & S ? I noticed British Gas is putting 10% on Electric and 8% on Gas from the 23rd November! Greedy bastards. I'm with British Gas and I'm paying way too much so I might have a look at the M & S package.

47Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 17:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Culcheth, how did you go on with M & S ? I noticed British Gas is putting 10% on Electric and 8% on Gas from the 23rd November! Greedy bastards. I'm with British Gas and I'm paying way too much so I might have a look at the M & S package.
RT- exactly the same with us. I sent the missus into M&S today to get us signed up. How the hell can they justify a 10% rise ffs. They'll have us all in the workhouse before long

48Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The Tories wanted a war, that would've wasted all the money saved from cutting the backbone out of our country.
But they didn't go to war. That's the difference.
There ain't enough troops to go to war, and public opinion would bury Camoron. Those are the simple reasons they didn't pursue it any further after posturing like the plastic bully he is.

49Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The Tories wanted a war, that would've wasted all the money saved from cutting the backbone out of our country.
But they didn't go to war. That's the difference.
There ain't enough troops to go to war, and public opinion would bury Camoron. Those are the simple reasons they didn't pursue it any further after posturing like the plastic bully he is.
:agree:

50Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's time we put all this energy saving and ozone saving bullshit to the side for the time being and open up the coal mines again giving us more choice and also creating jobs again.

I would happily have a coal fire at home than pay these gas prices.

As 2 companies have announced gas and electric increases all the rest of the gas and electric companies will follow now.

Thanks for putting all our utilities in the hands of private people and not keeping them state owned you shower of shites!

51Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:05

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

So if one company can offer a certain price then why can't another do the same;
Suppose you are a little old Granny of 85yrs (God bless you if you live that long).
How the hell are you going to look through all the different deals, decide which is best and then fill-in the required forms.

Energy (gas electric) Transport, Water, are basic needs.
They should not be offered (given) to private companies as a way of making easy money.

52Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:How the hell are you going to look through all the different deals, decide which is best and then fill-in the required forms.
I thought the government changed it so that the company you are with have to tell you if there is a cheaper plan than you are currently paying with them not with across all the providers unless I'm wrong?

53Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I think it's time we put all this energy saving and ozone saving bullshit to the side for the time being and open up the coal mines again giving us more choice and also creating jobs again.

Yes, let's condemn our children to a life without energy just so you can heat your house.

54Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I think it's time we put all this energy saving and ozone saving bullshit to the side for the time being and open up the coal mines again giving us more choice and also creating jobs again.

Yes, let's condemn our children to a life without energy just so you can heat your house.
Well to be fair so far only nuclear and wind farms have been the only renewable energy that has been researched into and somewhat in use today but they are not the way forward.

Governments have had decades to try and come up with alternatives.

The whole thing about damage to the ozone so far was complete bullshit I'm sure.

55Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't be a fool, of course the ozone layer is fucked.

When everyone is living underground in 50 years they'll be thanking Karlypants and his love of washing big gypsies in hot baths.

56Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 20:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:RT- exactly the same with us. I sent the missus into M&S today to get us signed up. How the hell can they justify a 10% rise ffs. They'll have us all in the workhouse before long
Rammy, I've done it online. I have been with British Gas for over 25 years and I've decided to call it a day. I only have a gas cooker and a gas fire in the lounge and my gas bill is about £30 per quarter. My electricity bill on the other hand has gone up to £290 per month and I don't even have a bloody boiler. I have storage heaters which run on economy seven and 3 months of the year I'm not even home and the only things switched on then are two fridge frreezers and an alarm system. I got an annual quote from M & S as a high user for £937 per year plus there is no fixed contract or penalty clause if I switch supplier. I'd be a bloody fool not to leave British Gas.

I reckon British Gas have shot themselves in the foot with the latest price hike and I don't blame people for shopping around. i did the same with my house and car insurance as well.

57Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 20:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would happily have a coal fire at home than pay these gas prices.

As 2 companies have announced gas and electric increases all the rest of the gas and electric companies will follow now.

Thanks for putting all our utilities in the hands of private people and not keeping them state owned you shower of shites!
The problem with opening the mines is there's no skilled work force to work them and the cost to re open them safely would be phenominal. Thatcher certainly did a lasting job on that industry, whatever the vindictiveness she wanted to impart.

58Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 21:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Don't be a fool, of course the ozone layer is fucked.

When everyone is living underground in 50 years they'll be thanking Karlypants and his love of washing big gypsies in hot baths.
:facepalm:

59Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 21:36

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Reebok Trotter wrote:
rammywhite wrote:RT- exactly the same with us. I sent the missus into M&S today to get us signed up. How the hell can they justify a 10% rise ffs. They'll have us all in the workhouse before long
Rammy, I've done it online. I have been with British Gas for over 25 years and I've decided to call it a day. I only have a gas cooker and a gas fire in the lounge and my gas bill is about £30 per quarter. My electricity bill on the other hand has gone up to £290 per month and I don't even have a bloody boiler. I have storage heaters which run on economy seven and 3 months of the year I'm not even home and the only things switched on then are two fridge frreezers and an alarm system. I got an annual quote from M & S as a high user for £937 per year plus there is no fixed contract or penalty clause if I switch supplier. I'd be a bloody fool not to leave British Gas.

I reckon British Gas have shot themselves in the foot with the latest price hike and I don't blame people for shopping around. i did the same with my house and car insurance as well.
Well if you are prepare to be payin 290 ever month for just electric then even British gas is know that you are the fool.

60Labour would freeze energy prices. - Page 3 Empty Re: Labour would freeze energy prices. Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mo wrote:
Well if you are prepare to be payin 290  ever month for just electric then even British gas is know that you are the fool.
:facepalm: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum