Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Watford

+23
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Tigermin
Triumph
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
wessy
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
Numpty 28723
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 01:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:They were crowd will be at least 20 to 25,000.
And I shall be the King of Siam, Prime Minister of Australia and President of The United States all on the same day. 

I doubt the crowd will be more than 15000 absolute tops. 

With our woeful form, depressing play and the sheer lack of anything resembling fight in the team plus the distance we are from watford I bet less than a thousand of theirs bother to make the trip.
I said at least 20(people) to 25000(people), read it again and comprehend, it never fails to get a bite! Very Happy
I've won money with that one!!
Yeah I caught it a few minutes later SK, read my post to whitesince63 (post number 29) where I acknowledge my obvious lack of mental functions mate.  Laughing 

Anyway, I personally predict around 13,500 (I've said between 12K and 15K but I think we'll struggle to get the top end of that) and if we get more then great. I'm going myself but my lads aren't, they're out with their girlfriend (eldest) and seeing mum (youngest) so for the first time in quite a while I'll be at the match on my own. I had hoped to convince Wendy to come to the game but she and the girls are going to have a girl's afternoon watching some film they all like with wine and munchies. Oh well, here's hoping we get the result we desperately need. All three points.

42Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I bet you Juke & Mason both start against Watford on Saturday. If they don't I will take a week off this board from Saturday PM, If you lose, you will have to do the same. Do you fancy a bet?  Very Happy
So if Beckford starts does that mean that mean that Culcheth loses or both lose? This would imply Culcheth loses, but the difference of opinion was more about Dougie selecting one or two strikers if I've read it correctly.

43Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 10:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

LPP, I think we'll actually get less than that but the gate will show more because of season ticket holders.
Get amongst the banter, that's all it is, you'll soon be up to speed!! Very Happy

44Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 10:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What a team all these shit players who are they? What happened to the ones that were not good enough for us ? Oh yeah some are still in the prem.

45Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 11:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You are not wrong there AD.

46Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:What a team all these shit players who are they? What happened to the ones that were not good enough for us ? Oh yeah some are still in the prem.
We couldn't afford them at the time as our debt was rising rapidly throughout the period, and we certainly can't afford them now unfortunately.

47Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wander it's basically juke and mason, will they start together? If so I lose. If not Culceth loses. 

However Mason is NOT officially our player yt, some delay in paperwork apparently. If that is NOT sorted out for saturday then the bet is OFF, it's a draw.

48Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:17

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:wander it's basically juke and mason, will they start together? If so I lose. If not Culceth loses. 

However Mason is NOT officially our player yt, some delay in paperwork apparently. If that is NOT sorted out for saturday then the bet is OFF, it's a draw.
Okay LPP, seeing as though Sluffy doesn't want to lose any posters for a week, I'll buy you a mug, as it won't cost me anything and you don't have to buy me anything, so none of us really lose.

Have we actually decided on the official Bolton Nuts Logo yet?

49Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well the votes are in and the people have spoken - our slogan is...

Grab your nuts everyday @ boltonnuts.co.uk

If you could have a word with your mate please and start the wheels moving we would be very grateful.

(Hope he can make use of the subbuteo picture as well?)

Thank you.

50Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:34

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Well the votes are in and the people have spoken - our slogan is...

Grab your nuts everyday @ boltonnuts.co.uk

If you could have a word with your mate please and start the wheels moving we would be very grateful.

(Hope he can make use of the subbuteo picture as well?)

Thank you.
Okay thanks Sluffy, leave it with me, I'll get my mate to sort it for us.

51Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 13:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Watford

Having come within one victory of securing a return to the top flight for the first time in six years back in May, the onus was on Watford to challenge for promotion once more this term.

With Kevin Phillips’ extra-time penalty kick at Wembley condemning the Hornets to their seventh season of Championship football, the Hertfordshire based outfit were expected to produce similar form when the campaign got underway back in August.

Currently residing in 11th position in the Sky Bet Championship league standings with 42 points acquired so far however after a testing first half to their domestic season, the Hornets will be hoping to stage a late rally for a play-off berth in the final few months of the campaign.

Just eight points at present separate Watford from sixth placed Reading, but the Hornets have certainly staked their claim for a top six finish in recent weeks with three wins in their last five outings.

Following a busy summer at Vicarage Road, with the club yet again working with with sister club Udinese as former loan signings Marco Cassetti, Almen Abdi and Cristian Battocchio signed permanent deals, the Hornets began their campaign with two consecutive victories including a 6-1 annihilation of
Bournemouth.

Their bright start however came to an end at the start of October, with the team going on to secure just two wins before the end of the calendar year and suffering six defeats in the process – one of which was inflicted on them by Wanderers courtesy of a Jermaine Beckford strike.

The unexpected departure of manager Gianfranco Zola on December 16 was met with the unveiling of Guiseppe Sannino just two days later – the Italian’s first managerial post outside of his native homeland.

His arrival in England has sparked an upturn in fortunes for the Hornets though, with five draws, four wins and just two defeats in the league to his name so far.

Having seemingly steadied the ship, Sannino will be hoping that his side can continue their fine form of late as they enter the final furlong of the season.

Opposition Camp's View

Frank Smith, Deputy Group Sports Editor at the Watford Observer

"Watford have become very resilient since Beppe Sannino’s arrival in December.

"He has introduced superb defensive organisation and this has resulted in Watford keeping four clean sheets in their last five matches.

"The five-game unbeaten run has helped move the club within eight points of the play-off places and whilst the head coach and players don’t want to talk about it, the Hornets are not out of the race for the top six just yet.

"Watford were the Championship’s entertainers under Gianfranco Zola last season, but there has been a considerable shift in the style of play since he was replaced by Sannino.

"They may not be playing free-flowing attacking football at present but the Golden Boys are very effective and are a match for any team in the division, like they showed against league leaders Leicester City earlier this month, when the Foxes needed an injury-time goal to salvage a draw.

"On Saturday, I expect it to be a very tight affair and predict it will be a low-scoring draw but if a team is going to nick the win then I expect it to be Watford."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

52Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 13:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well, the Watford Observer thinks this will be a low scoring draw. I wish. I think we'll lose especially if Doug sticks with 4-5-1 park the bus. Which he will.

53Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:wander it's basically juke and mason, will they start together? If so I lose. If not Culceth loses. 

Ok then.

Personally I reckon if Dougie starts with 2 strikers (go on - surprise me!) it will be Becks and Juke with Mason on the bench. We'll see.

54Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Well, the Watford Observer thinks this will be a low scoring draw. I wish. I think we'll lose especially if Doug sticks with 4-5-1 park the bus. Which he will.
I think we'll struggle against Watford whatever system Dougie plays simply because that they have better players. Last season they would have romped away with it if their defence had been half decent. This season, their defence has tightened up under their new manager and they still have great attacking players.

55Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 15:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Well, the Watford Observer thinks this will be a low scoring draw. I wish. I think we'll lose especially if Doug sticks with 4-5-1 park the bus. Which he will.
I think we'll struggle against Watford whatever system Dougie plays simply because that they have better players. Last season they would have romped away with it if their defence had been half decent. This season, their defence has tightened up under their new manager and they still have great attacking players.
I agree we'll struggle BUT we could give ourselves a better chance if Doug goes 4-4-2 imo. We're at home so I see no reason to keep playing 4-5-1 with less than half the possession football, all the more so when that style has resulted in only TWO home wins all season long. 

Sadly I fear we'll see no change in tactics, formation, actual play or the result. 

My guess is we will lose to a goal conceded in the first ten minutes of each half. Two nil Watford.

56Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 16:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll come roaring out of the blocks and everything will hinge on whether we score early and then go on to get a second - or third. By half time we'll be knackered and Watford will dominate. Then it comes down to Dougie's use of subs - who and when.
Still I hope Dougie will pull off a surprise, but I doubt it as he's adamant that this system will eventually pay dividends if we take our chances and cut out errors.

57Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 17:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

58Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 18:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Horse's mouth then: Juke & Mason up front it is.

Culcheth wins?

59Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 18:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised me as it was too obvious.

60Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Still plenty time for him to change his mind again before Saturday. Despite what he says, with Beckford still out I can't see him starting with both strikers up top. I remain to be convinced because we know Juke can't last the 90 at the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum