Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Watford

+23
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Tigermin
Triumph
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
wessy
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
Numpty 28723
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:14

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Surprised me as it was too obvious.
Mason tucked in, just behind the Juke.

If Dougie starts with one upfront on Saturday, I personally want his head for my tea, as a form of haggis.

62Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Horse's mouth then: Juke & Mason up front it is.

Culcheth wins?
I certainly hope so. We need goals badly and I just hope he goes for a full on 4-4-2. 

What worries me is he's more likely to go with what he'll call a 4-4-1-1 but will really be a 4-5-1 with Mason playing as a centre mid. The defenders will just hoof it like they've done all season and we'll see Mason being completely ineffective because he won't see the ball as a result. 

My preferred line up would be 

Lonergan 

Mills Wheater Ream Baptiste

Eagles Medo Moritz Lee

Jutkiewicz Mason

Nothing fancy, just a good old fashioned 4-4-2 where the defence pass to the midfield, the midfield pass to the forwards and they put the ball in Watford's net. But I'll be astonished if he goes down that road.

63Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Thu Feb 20 2014, 22:28

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Culcheth wins?
I certainly hope so. We need goals badly and I just hope he goes for a full on 4-4-2. 

What worries me is he's more likely to go with what he'll call a 4-4-1-1 but will really be a 4-5-1 with Mason playing as a centre mid. The defenders will just hoof it like they've done all season and we'll see Mason being completely ineffective because he won't see the ball as a result. 

Lonergan 

Eagles Medo Moritz Lee

Jutkiewicz Mason

Nothing fancy, just a good old fashioned 4-4-2 where the defence pass to the midfield, the midfield pass to the forwards and they put the ball in Watford's net. But I'll be astonished if he goes down that road.
LPP, no way will Dougie drop Bogdan now for Lonergan. I agree with your back 4, but your midfield seems far too attacking for Dougie. Is Moritz actually fit? Dougie won't play Moritz, Eagles & Lee in a 4-4-2 formation.

I honestly think the best we can hope for, is to have Mason & Juke in the starting 11, even if that means playing Spearing & Medo.

64Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 08:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Culcheth wins?

Lonergan 

Eagles Medo Moritz Lee

Jutkiewicz Mason

LPP, no way will Dougie drop Bogdan now for Lonergan. I agree with your back 4, but your midfield seems far too attacking for Dougie. Is Moritz actually fit? Dougie won't play Moritz, Eagles & Lee in a 4-4-2 formation.

I honestly think the best we can hope for, is to have Mason & Juke in the starting 11, even if that means playing Spearing & Medo.
I think that's an imbalanced midfield but not because it's too attacking - because it's too lightweight and would offer absolutely nothing defensive-wise. Even with Eagles, Moritz and Lee I still don't think that's enough of an attacking threat either unless their form improves dramatically.

65Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 10:38

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1-1 Juke, bedsheets out,

66Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 11:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-2, Dougie's last game. Enjoy it.

67Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 11:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless Charlton suddenly find winning form we will still be 6 points above the relegation zone - 2 points if they suddenly become world beaters. Personally I think Dougie still has a lot of slack.

I reckon Gartside and the Board have recognised what Dougie is telling them about having a load of expensive and disruptive deadweight at the club and after the last financials were released it will take a lot more than what is currently the vague threat of relegation to make them blink. He will have to start picking up a few points soon though, but a loss against Watford won't be seen as the end of the world in this climate.

Just realise that Millwall are playing Barnsley and Donny are playing Yeovil this weekend so there may be a risk of dropping to 21st!

68Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 12:32

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hope we get hammered if it means its his last game , wanker !! Mason for fucks sake whats that all about,he was lightweight last time what can have changed!!!

69Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 12:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I think that's an imbalanced midfield but not because it's too attacking - because it's too lightweight and would offer absolutely nothing defensive-wise. Even with Eagles, Moritz and Lee I still don't think that's enough of an attacking threat either unless their form improves dramatically.
I know he won't play the squad I picked in a million years but frankly we have to change something and I'd rather go after Watford with this line up because we know we're almost certain to concede anyway so why not attack and try for more goals? 

If we get two or three up and need to change it to a more defensive line up later in the match you could have Medo and Spearing on the bench to replace Moritz and maybe Juke then go 4-1-4-1 to shut up the shop without unsettling our already shaky back line. As I said it's just an idea anyway, we all know Dougie will go 4-5-1 or some sort of 4-4-1-1 where Mason is effectively a midfielder anyway.

70Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I think that's an imbalanced midfield but not because it's too attacking - because it's too lightweight and would offer absolutely nothing defensive-wise. Even with Eagles, Moritz and Lee I still don't think that's enough of an attacking threat either unless their form improves dramatically.
I know he won't play the squad I picked in a million years but frankly we have to change something and I'd rather go after Watford with this line up because we know we're almost certain to concede anyway so why not attack and try for more goals? 

If we get two or three up and need to change it to a more defensive line up later in the match you could have Medo and Spearing on the bench to replace Moritz and maybe Juke then go 4-1-4-1 to shut up the shop without unsettling our already shaky back line. As I said it's just an idea anyway, we all know Dougie will go 4-5-1 or some sort of 4-4-1-1 where Mason is effectively a midfielder anyway.
You're probably right as Dougie keeps saying this system will work if we take our chances and stop making errors so there's no reason to suggest he'll change.

71Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know but doesn't that frustrate you as badly as it does me? He's had all season to try and work this out and it's not working. Stevie Wonder would be able to see that so why can't Dougie?

72Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 14:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I know but doesn't that frustrate you as badly as it does me? He's had all season to try and work this out and it's not working. Stevie Wonder would be able to see that so why can't Dougie?
It is frustrating because he needs better players than we have to play that system successfully so he should change it IMO.

However, apart from Reading we have been close to making it work so I can also see why he wants to stick with it, even though personally I'd change it.

73Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 14:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When we're in the bottom six and perilously close to the drop it's time to say "close but no cigar" and change it to something that will get us points. Dougie has to admit his system won't work with this squad and change it before we are in the bottom three.

74Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 17:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Quite a few tickets sold for the match I'm guessing. A few areas that are usually shaded green for "good availability" are shaded amber for "limited availability".

Strange.

75Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 20:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Unless Charlton suddenly find winning form we will still be 6 points above the relegation zone - 2 points if they suddenly become world beaters. Personally I think Dougie still has a lot of slack.

I tend to agree but.... Charlton have 3 games in hand.

76Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Fri Feb 21 2014, 20:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We better get three points tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

77Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Sat Feb 22 2014, 00:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The thing that worried me in his interview was that he said "we will have to be cautious and take our chances". On the plus side he did suggest playing with two strikers.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

78Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Sat Feb 22 2014, 08:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just woke up with a very positive frame of mind thinking that today's the day when it all comes together and a positive result against a good Watford team is on the cards and will do us a power of good.
I may regret that before the day's out, but as always hope springs eternal.
Better make that pot of coffee, grab the papers and head back to bed....

79Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Sat Feb 22 2014, 08:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just woke up with a very positive frame of mind thinking that today's the day Bolton get dicked and Dougie gets potted.

80Bolton 2-0 Watford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Watford Sat Feb 22 2014, 08:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just woke up with a very positive frame of mind thinking that today's the day Bolton get dicked and Dougie gets potted.

........neither of which are going to happen.
Today will be our day!! I can feel it in me water.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum