Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz?

+16
wanderlust
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
NickFazer
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I tried telling some on here but they wouldn't have it.

Come on own up.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No you didn't.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I tried telling some on here but they wouldn't have it.

Come on own up.

Bullshit.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I tried telling some on here but they wouldn't have it.

Come on own up.

You can't praise him because it's fickle to do so after such a short time.

(but it's ok to slag him without having seen him play) 

#boltonfanlogic.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With two goals in 25 appearances for a poor boro side I think you can forgive people for being unimpressed when he signed.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No offence CD but he's played four games. That's not enough to say he's a mega star yet. Sure he's doing better than I expected but he's got a long way to go before we start crowing about him as some sort of world beater. Not to mention that he isn't even OUR player and probably never will be. 

I think it's way too early to start spouting smug "I told you so" comments even if you did which I can't honestly recall.  Shocked

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:No offence CD but he's played four games. That's not enough to say he's a mega star yet. Sure he's doing better than I expected but he's got a long way to go before we start crowing about him as some sort of world beater. Not to mention that he isn't even OUR player and probably never will be. 

I think it's way too early to start spouting smug "I told you so" comments even if you did which I can't honestly recall.  Shocked

I rest my case.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:No offence CD but he's played four games. That's not enough to say he's a mega star yet. Sure he's doing better than I expected but he's got a long way to go before we start crowing about him as some sort of world beater. Not to mention that he isn't even OUR player and probably never will be. 

I rest my case.
Could you clarify that Hipster? Rest what case.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:No you didn't.

He's behind you.

Oh yes I did.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need proof.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been pretty lucky so far, I still think he's shit, just not as shit as the rest of the shits.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's a beast in the air, rarely loses out when trying to head the ball.

I'll admit I wasn't too impressed when we got him but so far so good.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:He's a beast in the air, rarely loses out when trying to head the ball.

I'll admit I wasn't too impressed when we got him but so far so good.

+1.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he was man of the match for me today with Mavies a close second. He won everything in the air and held the ball up well and for once had support up front which made all the difference.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't see why anyone has a problem with Jutkiewicz contribution so far, compared to the rest of our strike force 3 goals in 4 games is prolific. I have seen him play 3 times and he has been aggressive, led the line, held up the ball to bring other players in to the game and penalty miss apart has done well. In fact all of the things you would expect from a centre forward he has been doing unlike Ngog and Cavies. He is obviously struggling toward the end of games but a few more matches will sort that out, if this is being lucky or shit long may it continue.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Him and Mason could make a cracking combo, the movement that Mason makes off the ball is something i've not seen from a bolton striker for a long time.

Shame the pair of them are on loan or i'd fancy us to have a decent campaign next season.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only concern that I have, is that the better he gets, the most least likely we are to keep him, like Dawson he'll be hard to make a new deal.

But i'd rather him play exceptional than shite.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Juke is exactly what we need and I just hope we can afford him, if we decide to make his deal, a permanent one in the summer.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Juke is out of contract according to martin

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I didn't think he'd do well based on his stats, reports of the times he had played in the local (middlesborough) press and on the opinion of several Boro fans, one of whom is a good friend of mine. As a result I was less than impressed when he was signed while Cravies was sent out on loan. 

Up until now Juke has surprised and impressed me BUT he's still only played four games for us. That isn't enough to say he's a genius or useless in the long term. It could be that the change of scenery has given him an impetus he lacked over there; it could also be he's aware he's out of contract in the summer and needs to put himself in a "shop window" while he can if he wants another deal with Boro or a club to sign him for next season. 

If he's still playing this well in May then by all means let's try and get him permanently if we can afford him BUT lest we forget there are fourteen more league games left and we have THREE other strikers of our own out on loan plus JB on the injured list now. If we were to sign Juke that would give us FIVE strikers for at most two spots but with DF's preferred formation we'd be looking at five vying for one and that doesn't include the development squad or reserve players. 

We have far more pressing needs for numbers in defence, most notably a Left Back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum