Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz?

+16
wanderlust
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
NickFazer
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 14:17

Whoa....calm down.

I really hope Mason becomes our saviour and scores a pan full, but come on......it's one good game.

You'd think he was Messi, reading some of the hyperbole on here at the moment.....

62So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 14:19

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

But he really was that good and the Cardiff fans love him, so 4-4-2 must be the answer.

63So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 14:31

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mason was never going to be effective playing as a lone striker and getting balls hoofed up to him. Alot of Cardiff fans really rate Mason and say he was probably the best young striker in the Championship.

Let's just see how Juke and Mason play together(hopefully) in the next few games and we should have a better idea on the pair, but yesterday's performances were very encouraging.

64So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 14:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Triumph wrote:But he really was that good and the Cardiff fans love him, so 4-4-2 must be the answer.
No offence here Triumph but Mason was actually quite wasteful. Yes he scored and he got into some very good positions but he should have had a hat trick. He missed a couple of extremely simple (for this level) chances. I think on another day against a stronger defence he might well have struggled to get into the game. I take nothing away from what he did right; overall his performance was pretty good but he's no world beater.

65So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 15:11

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Triumph wrote:But he really was that good and the Cardiff fans love him, so 4-4-2 must be the answer.
No offence here Triumph but Mason was actually quite wasteful. Yes he scored and he got into some very good positions but he should have had a hat trick. He missed a couple of extremely simple (for this level) chances. I think on another day against a stronger defence he might well have struggled to get into the game. I take nothing away from what he did right; overall his performance was pretty good but he's no world beater.
But he was better yesterday than anything we have at the moment apart from Juke, I dont think he was wasteful more unlucky.

66So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 16:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I tried telling some on here but they wouldn't have it.

Come on own up.

Early doors yet Copper.
Same with Mason.
However this question is tantamount to asking "who is ready to admit that Freedman actually knows what he's doing and has a good eye for a player?"

You'll not get many ready to own up to that just yet.

Although I can see what Freedman is trying to do and a lot of it makes sense to me. Whether it works out as planned remains to be seen, but his thinking ain't bad given our circumstances.

67So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 19:28

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:I tried telling some on here but they wouldn't have it.

Come on own up.

Early doors yet Copper.
Same with Mason.
However this question is tantamount to asking "who is ready to admit that Freedman actually knows what he's doing and has a good eye for a player?"

You'll not get many ready to own up to that just yet.

Although I can see what Freedman is trying to do and a lot of it makes sense to me. Whether it works out as planned remains to be seen, but his thinking ain't bad given our circumstances.
I think Dougie has a good eye for a player, without wasting money like Coyle did. I think Dougie will finally stamp his mark on the squad this summer, when Eagles, Mears, Knight and probably a couple more will be shown the door. This should free up a lot in wages this summer. Personally, I don't think we need to splash the cash on transfer fees, there are a lot of quality players out there this summer on Bosman's and let's just hope Dougie has done his homework.

My main criticism about Dougie is his negative tactics and as I have said on here numerous times, we wouldn't be in such a lowly position in this League, if Dougie had been more attacking and not as defensive with his tactics.

68So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 19:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's fair comment is that Culcheth.

Maybe this season should be wrote off as a transitional one.

Let him get more of his own men in and give him until christmas to see if there's any improvement.

69So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 20:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was an instance against Burnley where Juke was in a lot of space about 25 yard out, and a striker with good composure might have taken taken a few touches before scoring. Instead he panicked, lost his balance and the chance went. Whilst the three goals he has scored show good instinct and that he can be a clever finisher in certain situations, I suspect it's that lack of composure that has been his goalscoring downfall in the past.

Very impressed with most aspects of his game, either way.

70So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Sun Feb 23 2014, 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I think Dougie has a good eye for a player, without wasting money like Coyle did. I think Dougie will finally stamp his mark on the squad this summer, when Eagles, Mears, Knight and probably a couple more will be shown the door. This should free up a lot in wages this summer. Personally, I don't think we need to splash the cash on transfer fees, there are a lot of quality players out there this summer on Bosman's and let's just hope Dougie has done his homework.

My main criticism about Dougie is his negative tactics and as I have said on here numerous times, we wouldn't be in such a lowly position in this League, if Dougie had been more attacking and not as defensive with his tactics.

Couldn't agree more. It takes time to build a team. There are far too many knee jerk reactions in modern football. Chairmen who think they can do a better job than the manager. Nine times out of ten it all goes to rat shit.

Having the money to buy a club is one thing but most of these new breed of owners seem to want instant success. I'm still undecided about Dougie but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of this season.

71So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 09:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

Couldn't agree more. It takes time to build a team. There are far too many knee jerk reactions in modern football. Chairmen who think they can do a better job than the manager. Nine times out of ten it all goes to rat shit.

Having the money to buy a club is one thing but most of these new breed of owners seem to want instant success. I'm still undecided about Dougie but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of this season.  
I agree. It will take 3 seasons to get all the players on premiership wages off the books, but we are guaranteed to lose at least four this summer and I imagine the others will be made available if anyone wants to buy them (which I doubt) But at least it will be a start. Plus Dougie has farmed out the youngsters who are contenders to give them a chance to impress which I think is a good move.
We're in a very tricky position at the moment so there's still plenty of opportunity for the Board to panic, but a good win against Watford has helped steady nerves. We need more performances like that in the short term to ensure that the longer term plan isn't jeopardised.

72So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 11:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I think Dougie has a good eye for a player, without wasting money like Coyle did.

Name me these good players that Dougie has signed. And judge them on their pre-Watford form, not just the last 90 minutes.

73So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 11:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Culcheth_White wrote:The Juke is exactly what we need and I just hope we can afford him, if we decide to make his deal, a permanent one in the summer.

Apparently we can't raise 300k for a full back how will we sign anybody of note.  Shame for the mis-managment of the club's finances because a few more players in plus some sensible coaching and we could have a decent team.

74So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 11:25

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think its a question of right or wrong posted by the OP. Lets look at this:
- Juke does not belong to us
- Chances of us signing Juke in the Summer are slim to none - especially if he does keep on scoring as Boro will up his price unless there is a term in his loan agreement that means we can sign him at the end of the season for a set price
- This season is a write-off. We won't get into the playoffs and we are looking more at the teams immediately below us and around us to avoid a relegation scrap.

So imo, Juke can bag a hat load of goals for us, but what purpose does it serve the club long term? None. Great we will pull away from the bottom of the league, but then what? I really don't understand DFs sending all the kids out on loan crap. He should be assembling our own players now and getting them playing together in preparation for next season's absolute must promotion.

To come full circle and answer the OP, the answer is it doesn't matter. He's not our player and the fact that he is in the team is keeping one of our own players out, especially the young ones. Now, if he is going to be an integral member of the squad for next year (imo we should be breaking the bank to get this guy) then definitely he should play, but he should be paired with one of OUR youngsters and not another loan player. Strange saying that in light of how good Mason was, but we will not be buying this player either. I'm really trying to understand DF's logic, but whichever way you look at it appears flawed.

75So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 13:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its a sad state of affairs that the 3 players credited with performing well are not our players (Juke, Mason and Danns)

Hopefully when we ship out the out of contract dross at the end of the season it will free up some funds.

76So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 13:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know what thread coming when Juke has a bad game.....

77So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i admit i was less then thrilled when we signed him but he has been excellent and when he finally got a strike partner we looked like we could score goals. Before that he was flogging himself to death and got next to no service or help upfront.

78So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who was wrong about Jutkiewicz? Mon Feb 24 2014, 19:05

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's all about staying up this season which we will so whether loaned or our own is irrelevant really. At least without the large wage players next year and in all likelihood Mavies and CYL who will be sold, we should actually be in a much better position to bring in some replacements including Juke and Mason if available. Hopefully one or two of our own youngsters will come through too so we may actually have a good go at a very average league next year. I'm still seeing Freedman as a weak link but he may surprise us yet, who knows?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum