Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the etiquette with breastfeeding?

+12
largehat
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
doffcocker
Quent
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I walked to my sisters house this morning, when I arrived she wasn't there but her friend was sat in the front room breastfeeding her baby. I didn't know where to look.

Are you supposed to act like nothing is happening? Do you look them in the eye or the tit? Help please as I will no doubt see this woman again soon.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would probably grin whilst asking if she'd prefer me to wait in another room whilst she does it, just to clear the air, knowing that she probably won't be audacious enough to expect me to leave the room, anyway.

The idea of the grin is to appear to be cool about the situation, as opposed to looking mortified which would show her that you're very uncomfortable.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You could say nice tits.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quent wrote:I walked to my sisters house this morning, when I arrived she wasn't there but her friend was sat in the front room breastfeeding her baby.

Why was your sister letting someone else breastfeed her baby?

if a bint is going to get her knockers out in public then its only polite to have a good luck

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hey - baby has to eat.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just don't get naked and start playing with thi sen.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

pretend to not stare

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A few weeks ago i was getting out of my car, and the car next to me was facing the other way, which meant both drivers were next to each other. As I got out I couldn't help but see her breastfeeding the baby. We both looked at each other, smiled, and carried on. She no doubt thought it was as natural as I did. The only odd thing was that we were the only two in that part of the car park, and she must have wondered why I parked next to her, when I coul have parked anywhere else.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Could have been worse, she could have had her tits in your sisters mouth.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The mind boggles !

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the most natural thing in the world but because we are not used to seeing it in public in the UK most men do a double take. Personally, I always look away out of politeness because although I find a nice pair of lung hammers very appealing I always acknowledge that nature made them for nutritional purposes.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Absolutely right RT. People who complain about public breastfeeding are sad repressed types who should try getting a life.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm not so sure about that. Yes, its quite natural, but any time, anywhere, etc, isn't always right. Other peoples sensibilities should be observed, no matter how 'natural' it is. After all, having a pee is natural, but do we just stop wherever we are and piddle everywhere, (I won't mention other 'natural' functions) ? My daughter is about to make me a grandad for the first time, but one thing I don't want to see is the baby being fed, even though I know it wouldn't worry her. Different generations maybe.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the mothers maternal instincts override any thoughts of etiquette and when the baby starts crying because it is hungry the urge to feed it takes priority over vanity.

In Africa it is very common, especially in remote village where Cow & Gate and SMA are rarer than rocking horse shit.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I am with gloswhite on this one.

If you are dying for a number two, it's not acceptable to squat over a drain in the street and curl one off. You can't say that just because it's naturally people shouldn't be offended by it.

No baby is going to starve to death in the time it takes the mother to find a private place to feed it, surely?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think there is a difference between pissing and shitting in public and breastfeeding in public.

Most women who breastfeed in public are quite discreet about it and I am sure that there is no intention to offend people. My wife breastfed our two boys and in practice you can see very little. Most of the time all you can see is the back of the baby's head. You might if you are quick (or unlucky if easily offended or embarrassed) see a brief glimpse of nipple when she gets her breast out or the baby stops feeding, but is that really so bad?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Unfortunately, it is for some.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If we constantly pander to the easily offended there would be much less freedom and more restrictions on what we can see, read and do.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't have a problem with it, i don't see why anyone would, unless it was done in a particularly vulgar way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum