Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modou Barrow

+5
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Modou Barrow Empty Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 00:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have this guy on trial with us in Denmark..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We must be desperate for strikers! Hopefully he'll turn out to be decent.

2Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 08:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last player we signed who had been released by his previous club for "personal issues" was the world's top record goalscorer Mr Mario Jardel and look how that turned out. This guy hasn't got any kind of goalscoring record and is 5'9". Must be lightnening fast if he's even getting a look in.

3Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 09:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jesus... this is desperation. I want to know what the Personal issues were, I mean he is Gambian, was a nice place to live until they got a president who is completely insane.

I've been to Gambia and for a very liberal Islamic country they have a bizarre outlook on the world.

They are not exactly a world powerhouse of football are they?

4Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 10:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We have this guy on trial with us in Denmark..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We must be desperate for strikers! Hopefully he'll turn out to be decent.

He's a right midfielder/winger. 
Cue CYL exit rumours.

5Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 10:41

Is he Graham Barrow's lad?

6Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 11:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Jesus... this is desperation. I want to know what the Personal issues were, I mean he is Gambian, was a nice place to live until they got a president who is completely insane.

I've been to Gambia and for a very liberal Islamic country they have a bizarre outlook on the world.

They are not exactly a world powerhouse of football are they?  

For a capital city Banjul is a shithole. It's just a town of corrugated tin shacks with a post office. They don't even have a bloody chippy.

7Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No chippy? That'll be the "personal issues" then.
No wonder the lad is scratting around the Scandinavian leagues trying to get a game for anyone who'll have him.

8Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 12:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

According to Wiki 41 goals from 69 professional apps. Admittedly in (relatively) undemanding leagues but still a good sign that he knows where the net is. Let's face it folks, we don't have the dosh to go buy a "name" even if one would join a struggling Championship club to begin with. Guys like this are probably the order of the day for the foreseeable future. It may even work, remember the likes of Eidur and Gudni came here for next to nowt from nowhere and they turned out pretty darned well didn't they?

9Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:According to Wiki 41 goals from 69 professional apps. Admittedly in (relatively) undemanding leagues but still a good sign that he knows where the net is. Let's face it folks, we don't have the dosh to go buy a "name" even if one would join a struggling Championship club to begin with. Guys like this are probably the order of the day for the foreseeable future. It may even work, remember the likes of Eidur and Gudni came here for next to nowt from nowhere and they turned out pretty darned well didn't they?
Pedantic perhaps Peter, but I make it 31 from 69.

This guy's a right winger so it ain't bad. One thing I dislike about our midfielders like Lee, Hall etc. is that they don't seem to want to shoot enough - at least this guy must be having a go to get so many goals.

10Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Wed Jul 09 2014, 13:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:According to Wiki 41 goals from 69 professional apps. Admittedly in (relatively) undemanding leagues but still a good sign that he knows where the net is. Let's face it folks, we don't have the dosh to go buy a "name" even if one would join a struggling Championship club to begin with. Guys like this are probably the order of the day for the foreseeable future. It may even work, remember the likes of Eidur and Gudni came here for next to nowt from nowhere and they turned out pretty darned well didn't they?

This guy's a right winger so it ain't bad. One thing I dislike about our midfielders like Lee, Hall etc. is that they don't seem to want to shoot enough - at least this guy must be having a go to get so many goals.
Yep, it's 31 so my bad.  Embarassed 

Stilll a good rate for a winger though. I think if he has anything about him we should give him a go because it's pretty clear we don't have the money to play the market. We have to take whatever gems we can unearth from the places no one else wants to look.

11Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 10:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yep, it's 31 so my bad.  Embarassed 

Stilll a good rate for a winger though. I think if he has anything about him we should give him a go because it's pretty clear we don't have the money to play the market. We have to take whatever gems we can unearth from the places no one else wants to look.
There is the potential for this guy to be a repeat of the Jardel saga. Great record but the "personal issues" turned out to be mental illness which sent him into a downward spiral.
Really need to get to the bottom of why the guy was released from his contract.

12Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 11:16

You mention Jardel, but you could say SKD was I just as sorry a state when we took him on. Panned out nicely!

As always we'll wait and see with this guy, I'm by too hopeful considering our recent record with triallists, more often than not they're seemingly not up to it. Suppose that's the point of taking then on though.

13Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 11:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll hit a hat trick today, we'll sign him and he'll hit 29 goals as we gain promotion. Smile

14Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 12:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:He'll hit a hat trick today, we'll sign him and he'll hit 29 goals as we gain promotion. Smile

That should be edited to reflect real life...

"He'll hit a hat trick today, we'll sign him and he'll turn out to be shite like tom eaves"

15Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 12:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's cos coyle was fking useless. I have more faith in freedman to sign hidden gems.

16Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 13:48

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Boggersbelief wrote:That's cos coyle was fking useless. I have more faith in freedman to sign hidden gems.
Will that be on condition DF is in some far away remote location carrying a shovel and pick. Grasping Ye Olde Treasure map marked with a suitably large X.

I will chip in with DF's train ticket to the docks to start his journey.

17Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 15:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DF signings and loans to date have been OK on balance seeing as we're scraping the barrel.

18Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 21:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did "triallist" do enough in your opinion?

19Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:DF signings and loans to date have been OK on balance seeing as we're scraping the barrel.

Absolutely spot on. I don't think some of his critics actually take the limited budget into account.

20Modou Barrow Empty Re: Modou Barrow Thu Jul 10 2014, 22:29

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:DF signings and loans to date have been OK on balance seeing as we're scraping the barrel.

Absolutely spot on. I don't think some of his critics actually take the limited budget into account.
It don't excuse him being a crap manager though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum