Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modou Barrow

+5
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 13:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:DF signings and loans to date have been OK on balance seeing as we're scraping the barrel.

Absolutely spot on. I don't think some of his critics actually take the limited budget into account.
It don't excuse him being a crap manager though
You mean crap coach/tactician Carrs? 

Dougie is trying a different system this year so it'll be interesting to see how the players and fans respond to that.

22Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 14:11

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Wanderlust
We didn't get the decent coach or tactician you know that. He decided to go and play with Skippy  away from the 2 faced DF where he could enjoy picking up the silverware without the slime ball.

If you hold out hope for a new system this time around hold your breath, it is subject to change of personnel and style during each match as he continues in his quest to keep his CV blank.

23Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 14:38

Why's Popovic a great tactician/coach?

24Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 15:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:We didn't get the decent coach or tactician you know that. 
I agree that Dougie hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a coaching/tactical genius as yet but I genuinely don't think those were the aspects of the manager's job that were prioritised when he was appointed. 
I don't blame Dougie for that - he is what he is and he's taken on an impossible task IMO. 

It would be an incredible achievement if he gets us anywhere near the playoffs even if he gets Juke - let alone without him.

25Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 15:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No sign of Barrow at the Vikings game then?

26Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 15:54

wanderlust wrote:
I agree that Dougie hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a coaching/tactical genius as yet but I genuinely don't think those were the aspects of the manager's job that were prioritised when he was appointed. 

Are you seriously suggesting that Gartside set out to appoint a new manager and didn't care if he wasn't a decent coach / tactician...?

Gartside's a lot of things, but I doubt that even he would be stupid enough to do that......

27Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that Gartside set out to appoint a new manager and didn't care if he wasn't a decent coach / tactician...?

Gartside's a lot of things, but I doubt that even he would be stupid enough to do that......

No I don't do the "if it's not one thing then you must be saying the extreme diametrical opposite" thing.

I'm suggesting that of the various criteria involved in selecting a manager, the ability to operate on a reducing budget and handle/get rid of overpaid ponces were prioritised ahead of coaching ability alone - although one would assume a degree of coaching ability would be a prerequisite.

I.e. MUST save money, but can coach a bit/enough.

28Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:49

I'm not suggesting you do the "if it's not one thing then you must be saying the extreme diametrical opposite" thing for one minute.

You have subsequently clarified what you meant to say, but your initial comment was quite unequivocal - you quite clearly said that you didn't think that the ability to coach or have any tactical nous were considered priorities when Gartside appointed Freedman.

There is a difference.

29Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I'm not suggesting you do the "if it's not one thing then you must be saying the extreme diametrical opposite" thing for one minute.

You have subsequently clarified what you meant to say, but your initial comment was quite unequivocal - you quite clearly said that you didn't think that the ability to coach or have any tactical nous were considered priorities when Gartside appointed Freedman.

There is a difference.
Steady on Bread - I at no point suggested coaching ability or tactical nous weren't considered. Just said they weren't priority considerations.

The joy of semantics eh?

30Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Mon Jul 14 2014, 17:01

Yeah, take out the semantics and I've got nothing left.... Very Happy 

But you did say what I said you said, so nerr!

31Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Tue Jul 15 2014, 07:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yeah, take out the semantics and I've got nothing left.... Very Happy 

But you did say what I said you said, so nerr!
Just to clear this up once and for all...

I said what I said but I didn't say what you said I said or I would have said what you said I said and not what I said instead.

32Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Tue Jul 15 2014, 08:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:agree: what he said

33Modou Barrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Modou Barrow Tue Jul 15 2014, 22:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk