Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do looks determine one's worth?

+3
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:09

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was having a conversation with a friend and I said that looks determines one's worth and my friend said I was talking bollocks as usual. 
But I really believe it. When it comes to men and women who are considered most desirable, the best catch, who are admired, wanted the most, it is always attractive looking people. i.e. Emma Watson, Ana Ivanovic, Jessica Alba, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, David Beckham, etc.  

When you are good looking you get compliments, attention, dating is easy as apple pie. But when you are not good looking all you are more likely to get put downs, ridicule, rejection, etc. 

How come is it that sports stars, rich people, movie stars, etc. they all have attractive partners, if looks didn't determine one's worth?

Take someone like Rebecca Adlington, she seems like a nice girl, she is successful and probably worth a few quid, but she got massive amounts of put downs, ridicule and made to feel like a freak for her looks. Whereas Jessica Ennis is put up as being the golden girl just because she looks hot.

As many of you know, I am 6'3 tall and weigh 27 stone. Yes I am handy in a fight but a lot of people mistake me for being fat, when I am just big boned. 
Women don't really seem to like me because I am big boned. I have been blown out more times than a wind sock.

I feel like I am look down on and am seen as inferior and not good enough compared to good looking people.

So what do others think? Do looks determine one's worth?

2Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put some fake tan on Mike, they'll be all over you.

3Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:16

4Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I disagree MB. I am obviously a hot 10/10 and it makes things difficult.

Most people are only interested in me as a trophy for a start, the chances of me finding someone to settle down with are limited. And other women see me as a threat so it's difficult to find real friends because they think I'm going to steal their bloke.

Believe me MB, it's a curse being fit.

5Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:40

Who you talking to...?

6Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:40

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I disagree MB. I am obviously a hot 10/10 and it makes things difficult.

Most people are only interested in me as a trophy for a start, the chances of me finding someone to settle down with are limited. And other women see me as a threat so it's difficult to find real friends because they think I'm going to steal their bloke.

The only curse about being fit is that you will attract a lot of shallow people who only are interested in you because of how you look, and nicer guys who may be average looking wouldn't think they have a chance with you.

But you didn't really answer my question. I asked if looks determined one's worth. You are talking as if you are looked up to and seen as a threat, which would say looks do determine one's worth. If you were big boned you would be no threat at all.

7Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 16:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I disagree MB. I am obviously a hot 10/10 and it makes things difficult.

Given that they wouldn't be interested in you for your mind, it's not a bad compromise.

8Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 16:37

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Unless you were in a fight...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Thu Jul 24 2014, 21:24

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Beauty is only skin deep Mike, Nat will crave what you have, an identity and a meaning in life. Nat has to over inflate herself with bullshit to compensate for her lack of purpose. 
Remember fantasy is a good thing Mike but eventually it can be seen right through.
Anyway good to see you back, keep taking the Losortan!!

10Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Mon Jul 28 2014, 05:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If the others had seen you they would be shocked at how grotesque and obese you are, without doubt you make the elephant man good looking your shape is fucking bizarre, you really are a horrible sight.You have no chance of pulling a female not even one as bad as you.

11Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Mon Jul 28 2014, 05:39

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Why would you steal their bloke are you Gay?

12Do looks determine one's worth? Empty Re: Do looks determine one's worth? Mon Jul 28 2014, 05:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote: I disagree MB. I am obviously a hot 10/10 and it makes things difficult.

:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum