Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sean Dyche - a question for Copper

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Sean Dyche - a question for Copper - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Dyche - a question for Copper Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:We could debate it Stan but I'd argue that whilst the impact of the two signings and the loanee were important, by far the biggest contribution was made by the players Dyche inherited, not least Ings and Vokes with 42 goals between them.

And as you said yourself, the meanest defence in the League was also already at the club.

It's true - you can't compare what Douglas had to work with to what Dyche had to work with...

Dyche inherited the players with the talent to be the most prolific strike force and the meanest defence in the division.

If Douglas had inherited not one but TWO 20 goal a season strikers we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing Wanderlust.  Very Happy

Like I've said Dyche didn't inherit a 40 odd goal strike force, he inherited reserve strike force with a couple of goals between them and not many games.  Yes they had talent but so did Douglas' men who were brimmed with ex Premier League players.

Any road I've come up with a (combined) best side from who started in that first game for both sides last season, who I thought would have been the better players (bear in mind what happened the season before and what I've already said).....

Heaton
Trippier
Wheater
Shackell
Tierney
Marney
Pratley
Lee
Eagles
Beckford
Ings

Absolutely no hindsight used and I thought that we would have lost that game.  Very Happy

32Sean Dyche - a question for Copper - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Dyche - a question for Copper Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We could debate it Stan but I'd argue that whilst the impact of the two signings and the loanee were important, by far the biggest contribution was made by the players Dyche inherited, not least Ings and Vokes with 42 goals between them.

And as you said yourself, the meanest defence in the League was also already at the club.

It's true - you can't compare what Douglas had to work with to what Dyche had to work with...

Dyche inherited the players with the talent to be the most prolific strike force and the meanest defence in the division.

If Douglas had inherited not one but TWO 20 goal a season strikers we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing Wanderlust.  Very Happy

Like I've said Dyche didn't inherit a 40 odd goal strike force, he inherited reserve strike force with a couple of goals between them and not many games.  Yes they had talent but so did Douglas' men who were brimmed with ex Premier League players.
Knew you'd get there in the end. Well almost. The distinction is between actual and perceived talent.

Dyche inherited actual talent (as hindsight shows)
Freedman inherited perceived talent (and hindsight showed that it was an incorrect perception)

33Sean Dyche - a question for Copper - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean Dyche - a question for Copper Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:13 am

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Knew you'd get there in the end. Well almost. The distinction is between actual and perceived talent.

Sorry but I'm not almost there, well where you think. I'm still at the 'you're plain wrong' stage.

Although you are correct about the distinction between actual talent and perceived talent. Dyche has it and Douglas doesn't and perhaps that is the reason why 4th favourites for relegation ended up promoted and Premier League player brimmed Bolton who finished 7th the season before, ended up in the bottom half.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum