Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it worth getting divorced over......?

+9
White84
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Breadman throw his marriage away?

Is it worth getting divorced over......? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Is it worth getting divorced over......? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% [ 6 ]
Is it worth getting divorced over......? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Is it worth getting divorced over......? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Evening.

Just got back in from the wedding and I have news.

I now hate modern footballing ponces even more than I did previously.

(And I already had no time for them or people of their ilk.)

Let me explain.......

It turns out that my wife's brother's (the Groom) step-son is a life-long friend of some bloke called Ben Marshall who plays football professionally for a team called Blackburn Rovers.

He pitched up at the reception tonight with his entourage and took over a corner of the room, before proceeding to hold court like something out of a Cecil B DeMille biblical epic, dispensing wisdom and autographs to the assembled throng, amid a general aura of complete fantasticness.

(I know that's not a word, I just made it up.)

What a prick........

Being a bitter Bolton fan of a certain age, I waited 'til I saw him going for a wee (in the public bogs like a  normal person!) and followed him, with a view to engaging him in conversation and establishing if he was actually as big a twat as I'd already decided he was.

I wasn't let down.

"Good game today?" I asked.

"Yeah, Huddersfield were shite and we battered 'em." said he, whilst Tweeting from The Stones of Piss to his followers about how great he was or some bollocks, "Jordan missed a pen, but we fucking battered 'em anyway. You a fan.......?", he then casually enquired.

"I support Bolton" I said quietly (but with my chin held high and a defiant tone in my voice.)

This was greeted with a snort of derision and the following comment:

"Fucking Bolton! Shower of shit! Not even our local rivals anymore. Bolton...? Ha ha haaa!"

Unfortunately for Ben, the last bit was overheard by three regulars of Farnworth Cricket Club who had just entered the bogs as he was finishing his anti-Bolton polemic.

No idea if they knew who he was, but they certainly enjoyed convincing him that Bolton fans don't take that kind of thing lightly......

Wanker.

I suspect he may not be fit for selection for Blackburn's next game.........

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know the owners son of the Farnworth CC, he wouldn't have liked that and would have given him a good seeing to! Twisted Evil

Tell him to put his fucking prices down - £6.50 for a pint of Bitter and a Vodka and Tonic.

In a fucking cricket club!

(Anyway, tell him I'm sorry about the blood on the floor....... Very Happy )

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Tell him to put his fucking prices down - £6.50 for a pint of Bitter and a Vodka and Tonic.

In a fucking cricket club!

(Anyway, tell him I'm sorry about the blood on the floor....... Very Happy )
Every time I have been in, the prices haven't been bad but I either drink the Carlsberg Export or the Coors they do, I don't think they do other lagers. It's usually just over a fiver for 2 pints.

It's a good couple of months since I have been in there to be honest.

Maybe you are on an inflated price due to it being a function?

I remember going on a Legends night there (last year I think) once with all the old Bolton players which was fun.

I think you're right mate.

The room hire was basically free but my brother in law had to have the club's caterers (who were charging over the odds) and I said to my wife when I first bought a round "Ah, I see....Free room - Expensive beer."

Fair do's though, the pub / club trade is dying on its arse and I can't blame 'em.

It was a good night and a gobby Blackburn player got a "good talking to" in the bogs.

Cheap night, if you think about it.......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think swings and roundabouts come to mind, If they get the room for free but the booze price goes up then I guess that everyone who buys the drinks are paying for the bride and grooms room hire.

It could also be the price of the vodka and tonic, was it a double?

I know that they usually let the room out for free as they do that with Bolton Society for the Blind on a regular basis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum