Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birmingham 0-1 Bolton

+22
doffcocker
White84
JAH
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 21:26

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Biggie wrote:Rubbish starting 11. If we do them over and win 4-0 then fine but I am not expecting much. You think a new manager will cone in and make a couple of big changes... But no.

ffs.  Rolling Eyes

What, on paper I bet every Bolton fan thought WTF!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

102Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 21:45

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Had the local station on after the match 
and blues fans not happy with Clarke but the general comments were that we scored against thr run of play and we were second best.It didn't seem that way to me, I thought we looked comfortable throughout and should have finished them off with a little more composure.

103Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 22:15

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The best thing we have going for us right now is that Lennon has a hell of a lot to prove, and work ahead of him, before he will be considered a strong candidate for a decent Premiership club.
My guess is that he won't lie down easily and will do all in his power to make a success of this.

104Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 22:31

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm a little drunk though. I'll post some/more gibberish later

105Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sat Oct 18 2014, 22:45

Drunk.....?

It's only tea-time over there.

Christ, what'll happen if we ever thump some team 5-0.....?

106Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 13:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Very good start all things considered. Lennon saying the right things after the game IMO.  We actually had more possession and that's somat new for us. Sounds like Lennon knows already that we are missing some quality through the middle and upfront. I wonder if he took Pratts and Mox off because of tactics or injury or did he see already that both are donkeys. I'd love to know.

Anyhow carry on my son......so far so good.

107Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 13:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I've read/heard Moxey had a good game, one of the better players.

and Pratley also had a solid game.

108Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 14:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With a decent finisher up top we'd have been out of sigh, beckford and Davies disappointing again, sure he laughed when he missed the penalty...

Hope we can bring hooper in (wants to come) as he will bang them In under lennon.

109Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 15:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:With a decent finisher up top we'd have been out of sigh, beckford and Davies disappointing again, sure he laughed when he missed the penalty...

Hope we can bring hooper in (wants to come) as he will bang them In under lennon.
How would we do that though boggers? I mean before January. Assuming we can afford his wages etc is he a free agent or would we have to actually loan/buy him from someone else. I honestly don't know so forgive my ignorance. 

As to Cravies missing the pen, well, that sort of worries me because that's the third pen we've missed this season if memory serves and with our shots to goal ratio being so poor we really can't afford to miss any. How about doing what the clarets did last year and make a midfielder (eg CYL) the penalty taker?

110Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 16:02

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Not had a decent penalty taker since Petrov

111Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 17:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hopefully Chungy can flourish in his new free role behind the striker, sounds like he had a great game yesterday.

112Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 20:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant result yesterday. There is no better tonic than 3 points. Over 1500 tickets sold which wouldn't have been the case had Dougie still been in charge.
A good atmosphere in the Cricketers Arms before the game and a rousing reception for our new incumbent.
Eyebrows were raised at the line-up with Beckford up front on his own and Pratley in midfield but it actually worked. NL had Chungy playing in a midfield position just behind Beckford and Chungy had a very good game as did Mills and Dervite at centre back. In fairness to Bolton, Birmingham are probably the worst team we have played so far this season so it was an ideal time for a new manager to make a proper assessment in an actual game rather than just on the training ground.
Pratley covered a lot of ground and made a nuisance of himself, freeing up Spearing and Danns to do the fancy stuff.
Lonners also needs a mention because he made two good saves which kept us in it. Gray for Brum was a right handful.
More of the same against Charlton on Tuesday and we just might have a decent crowd against Brentford on Saturday.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:01; edited 1 time in total

113Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 20:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The 2nd save of Lonners was a worldie.

114Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:00

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thought the whole defence played well, Moxey had a good game and Mills and Dervite won most of the aerial challenges, Lonergan was on top form when Brum did get through.

Same again on Tuesday!

115Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still not sure about Moxey tbh. I would like to see Tierney back to full fitness. What is the latest regarding Stuart Holden? It's almost as if we have totally forgotten that he is a Wanderers player!

116Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

That's probably because he is no longer a Wanderers player.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

117Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:That's probably because he is no longer a Wanderers player.

Not according to his personal twitter account

118Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

terenceanne wrote:Anyhow carry on my son......so far so good.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

119Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 21:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:That's probably because he is no longer a Wanderers player.

Not according to his personal twitter account

Out of contract American midfielder to return to the club during upcoming season

Stuart Holden is to return to Bolton Wanderers during the 2014/15 season.

The American international is currently in the process of recovering from a third knee injury and despite now officially being out of contract, he will continue his fitness work and return to Bolton when at the necessary stage.

When Holden, named the club’s 2010/11 Player of the Season, reaches the end stage of his current rehabilitation process he will be eligible for any friendly, under-21 or development squad games.

He has currently been with Wanderers for four and a half years, making 38 appearances scoring two goals.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

120Birmingham 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham 0-1 Bolton Sun Oct 19 2014, 22:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe Lennon will be silly enough to take him on again. He should get rid of Mavies as well, these injury prone players just hinder club development.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum